Industrial-Sized Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Outdoor Deals on HTL

on December 14, 2009
G'Day, I recently purchased a Sea Eagle Foldcat 375 Pro Fisherman, although I purchase a lot of things from Amazon, unfortunately, as I live in Australia, I couldn't purchase this through Amazon, so I purchased direct through Sea Eagle. As I am a great fan of both companies, I thought I would let prospective purchasers know of my experience with Sea Eagle. As mentioned, I live in Australia, Hobart Tasmania in fact, the small Island to the south of mainland Australia. I am a keen trout and also salt water fisherman. I have been looking at the Foldcat on my computer for a number of years, trying gradually to save and workout if it would be suitable for my needs. I can now only describe the Foldcat as fabulous. It is a bit larger than I thought, which is a good thing for stability. Once I ordered the product it arrived safely in a week, I couldn't believe how fast the six boxes that it comes in, could get here. The initial assembly takes about half an hour (and I'm slow) after that it's only a five minute job. Sea Eagle 12-Foot 4-Inch FoldCat with Pro-Angler PackageAll the parts are very high quality and every nut and bolt was there, not a screw missing. The instructions are easy to follow and it was a breeze to assemble. I bought a small 2HP Honda outboard, which will cope with the big trout lakes down here. The Foldcat is very stable, you can stand up and cast, no problems, it just glides through the water effortlessly. I bought the best pump Sea Eagle has, and it is
unbelievably quick at inflating the pontoons,very well worth the price.Finally, I found the people at Sea Eagle a real pleasure to deal with, they are responsive to enquiries and I think they give people that old style personal service, even though it was done over the internet. I can thoroughly recommend the Foldcat and also the people at Sea Eagle.Anyone in Australia that may be thinking of purchasing through Sea Eagle, for me, they are tops, mate:-)) I wouldn't hesitate in buying from them again. Of course, Amazon is A1 also in my books. With the great exchange rate between Oz and US, it is now even more attractive. I am a fussy purchaser, however, Foldcat has exceeded my expectations,I love it. Go for it.
on March 12, 2011
After researching several type boats and options, I checked out at the video's on U-tube and felt this one would work best for me. A few things to keep in mind. I am in my early 50's and a woman who loves to fish generally alone. The boat is heavy - 75 pds, so it is hard to carry for me. I purchase a small dolly with a wide base and that works well. It is easy to set up and get in the water...I would suggest setting up the boat near to the insertion place as pushing it over the ground I feel might damage it (never can tell if there is broken glass, etc). If there is ANY wind on the water, it is harder to control and move. I took it out with just the paddles and spent most of the time trying to get back across the lake as the wind was pushing against us, wind was 10 to 20 mph. You will need a heaver anchor than the one I bought (3 pds) if you are on a windy lake....the boat just dragged the anchor so I will be getting a heaver one. I will also be getting a trolley motor ( - FYI where I live the boat has to be registered if it has a trolly so now I have to get a license for the boat). There is limited space on the boat so you have to think about where everything is going to go on the boat. We took a small cooler and a small tackle box..I found I was having to move one or the other alot. Tjhere is no place to put your drinks, I will be ordering the cup holder for my seat. Still figuring that part out. The placement of the paddle holder's is somewhat they were a struggle to row/balance when we were not rowing, so I am going to move them to the fish holder place and see if that works. Over all, I like the boat, it does take a little getting use to if you have been on a fishing boat, but it is easy to store, and once I got the moving issue resolved, it is compacted enough to put on my hitch platform (just make sure the tail pipe exhaust is pointing away from the material...mine did melt a small part of the cover, no damage to the boat.

I did have another fisherman tell me that the water temp and air temp could cause the air to decrease after a while in the pontoon's and he suggested keeping the air compressor close - just in case. I have not read or heard this before so if anyone out there has, please post and fill us in.

I think once I get a few little things figured out and the trolly, this will be a great little boat for fishing. One trick I figured out was to put the paddles and the support poles on top of the rolled up boat before wrapping in the room in the seat bag and easier to keep track of. I also keep an open ended wrench for the paddle holder's as the screw on knob don't really tighten with out the bolt turning as well. I also take a towel to wipe down the boat before rolling it up..not sure if water will mildew on the boat or damage the material...I would recommend this boat for someone like me who just wants to have a way to bank fish without walking for miles! =)
on July 26, 2010
Bought this outfit this year. Had it out all day today and several other times. No problem sitting or standing. Very sturdy and stable.

A few thoughts. It works as advertised easy to assemble and inflate/deflate. I bought a few things which have been helped a great deal. The foot pump is nice but it helps to have a portable electric pump. I bought a Black and Decker one. With that it still helps to top it off with the foot pump that comes with the boat.

The casting bar I ordered from Amazon was the wrong model. I called Sea Eagle and had good response. They sent out the correct model right away no charge and no problem..

I am using a Minkota Electric 55 lb motor and that is good for the medium size lakes I fish, some do not allow gas motors anyway.

The boat can be put together and launched by one person but a bit bulky. Best thing I have done was to buy a moving dolly from home depot. When the boat is folded into the case I attach it to the dolly with a few bungee cords and just roll it to lakeside, unfold it, fill it with the pump and ready to go in 10 minutes. It also helps to move the heavy marine battery without breaking a sweat.

Very fun product for what you get. I do not have space to store a regular boat, this fits nicely in my SUV type vehicle (Toyota FJ Cruiser). It takes up very little space in my garage.

For someone like me who likes worm and hook type lake fishing on Sundays with my wife or a buddy, it is a great solution without the expense and hassle of a serious Bass boat.

I also purchased a small 3 1/2 lb anchor on Amazon which works out just fine. All you need is a cooler and some fishing gear to have a nice day on the lake.
on June 2, 2014
For those out there who have not yet experienced contact with Amazon and Sea Eagle for a warrantee issue, standby to be disappointed !!!
I bought my Sea Eagle 2 1/2 years ago through and have had very few problems. Don't believe what they say about how tough it is because regardless of the hammer show on the add, it does scuff and mar but no big thing. No leaks from those and they do sell you patching material which I haven't had to use yet. The real problem came in when the pontoon end caps started leaking. The Black caps that seal the pontoons on the ends. The end caps become distorted and form air paths for the air in the pontoon to escape rather quickly. Not something you'd want in the middle of a lake or stream. This is truly a manufacturing defect and after talking with the tech at Sea Eagle he agrees and they acknowledge it's within the warrantee period. Once established and after providing all the information and pictures required by Sea Eagle, I'm hearing nothing from them. I call and am told " when they decide I'm sure they will call you" ... but no call. I e-mail and am told " I'll check into it .... but no call. The question is do you want to buy a product with an advertised 3 year warrantee which the company does not support? In today's market, Customer Service is everything and what brings you back. Sea Eagle has a long way to go to be satisfactory. I don't want much, just what I paid for.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2014
This boat has many positives; however, here are some of the negative issues I encountered:
1. This boat cannot be inflated manually in five or ten minutes. It will take you probably 20 minutes and it will wear you out. That is the reason you may see these boats for sale by owners who have them on trailers or in the back of a pickup. Without an electric pump it is too big a hassle to inflate them.
2. The videos that Sea Eagle shows of this boat has it powered by that zillion dollar turbo electric motor that has a built in battery. If you, however, use a typical trolling motor and battery you have to know that there is NO planning made for the battery placement on this boat. You have to tie it down or risk losing it. Sea Eagle could have created a plank with some kind of raised borders to hold a battery but that apparently is not an option. My battery weighs over 40 pounds and it is a monster to adequately secure.
3. Because the boat sets on top of the water it can get into super shallow water, BUT that also makes the boat susceptible to drift and wind movement. Sea Eagle does make skegs which can be glued (I think) to the boat to give more stability in wind but you give up shallow draft.
4. I am not worried about my boat being hit by a hammer but I am concerned about sharp objects like rocks and broken limbs. I am not looking forward to having a pontoon go flat on me on in the lake.
on May 2, 2009
i've had it a year, no problems. I'm using a 21/2 horse 4 cycle Suzuki to power it rather than electric, a very good move since I can go up rivers loaded with gear no problem .
They say 5 minutes. Well that is true but only if you buy the 189.00 dollar inflatable pump, otherwise you will be doing a dance on the foot pump a lot longer than that . Rows easy, optional skegs make it track good, the seats are 360 and comfortable. A good option if space is limited .
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2009
Just received this inflatable, awesome boat, however this is the 2008 model, not the 2009 model. Pictures are different on Sea Eagle website, 2009 model includes different seat configuration and oarlocks. Beware!
on August 13, 2015
I had my 237581i fold cat for nearly three years. I added some 1/2" plywood for a better battery support which worked great and centered the weight better. That helped with the raft's preformance especially whe I added a 2 1/2 hp Yamaha.
If you are creative you can plan where to place rod & tackle. I just used small straps to hold the oars ect and that worked nice also
All of a sudden rhe nose cone started leaking. Sea eagle stood by and completely replaced the raft. So after the new raft arrived I laid down a nice marine sealant around the seams on the cone and covered the cone with cloths to keep the cones as much as I can out of direct and prolonged sun contact
I thought Sea Eagle was very professional
I believe this raft will last if you treat it with care and engage in preventative measures.
on April 22, 2015
I originally purchased the foldcat 440 which is much larger than the 370, my only complaint is a large one, the molded end caps "cones" started leaking, this is a known factory defect, my boat was under warranty but was no longer in production so they replaced with a used foldcat 370 with the exact cones as my 440, time will tell if they fail, it was also around $1000 less than my 440, I still have my 440 but one cone has completely separated so I've ordered a nose cone thru NRS that fits a different brand, if I'm lucky this Will work but it's going to be a rough challenge.
on June 18, 2012
Ehhhh not all that great. The movies online show people running rapids in this boat, and I have to say that in a river this boat just doesn't run well at all. Because it doesn't have a rigid aluminum frame the boat just sort gives too much any time you need to really dig in and paddle. So if your looking for a boat to putt around a lake in, this boat is great, if you're thinking about running any rivers be cautious. I would never take this thing on anything more then an easy class 2.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse