5.0 out of 5 stars The best product you will ever buy!
Published on November 15, 2005 by T. Vickerman

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well
My lawn mower picked up power after a few treatment. Worked well enough. I have to see if the mower picks up more power after additional treatments.
Published 22 months ago by mmmmmmm

5.0 out of 5 stars The best product you will ever buy!, November 15, 2005
This review is from: Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment - 16 oz. (Automotive)
I have a '92 Ford F-150 4.9L I6 with 135K on it. The idle was a little rough and the power was a little lack-luster, but that's really what I expected from a 13-year old truck. After a while, I started getting a knock that really impacted performance. The only way I could keep the knock at bay was to run 92 octane gas, which was really getting expensive. I went into the local auto parts store to look for some type of cleaner, when the employee said that Sea Foam would solve all my problems and told me that I could get my money back if it didn't. Very skeptical of his claims, I bought it anyhow to give it a try. With the engine hot I put the first 1/3 of the can into the large brake booster vacuum line slowly at first, then sucked as much in as quickly as possible until the engine stalled. I replaced the vacuum line and waited for about 15 minutes and started it up. It started a little hard at first being flooded with the Sea Foam, but while revving the gas, it soon ran very smooth and started to smoke like that old movie "Uncle Buck". I made an unbelievable smoke screen that literally shut down Beach Blvd on the MS Gulf Coast for about five minutes! The motor in the old Ford suddenly began to idle perfectly and throttle response was amazing. I then added 1/3 of the can to the oil fill hole in the valve cover and the rest in the gas tank (as instructed on the can). Within about 10 minutes all the lifters were silent and the motor ran as perfect and as powerful as it did the day that it rolled off the assembly line! I now run it on 87 octane gas with no knock whatsoever, so the savings at the pump has paid for the can of Sea Foam many times over. After cleaning all the carbon out of the motor with Sea Foam, the only thing that smokes now are the tires!

5.0 out of 5 stars The ONLY Cleaner that Worked for Me, January 22, 2011
This review is from: Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment - 16 oz. (Automotive)
I have a 1999 Mercedes-Benz C230 that had ~144,000 miles on it. The idle was very rough and noisy, and the engine wasn't as smooth as it should have been in general, especially at lower engine speeds. The problem was so bad that the engine would almost stall at idle after first being started.

I tried Lucas "Upper Cyclinder Lubricant and Injector Cleaner", and it didn't seem to help at all. Then I put a full 20-oz bottle of Chevron Techron through the fuel tank, and it also seemed to do nothing. In each case, the product was used as directed, and the car was driven until the fuel level was very low. That is, I didn't refill the fuel tank and dilute the product in either case. In the past, I've also used other brands of fuel system and fuel injector cleaners, including Gumout and STP. None of these products seemed to have the slightest effect.

Finally, and extremely skeptical, I tried Sea Foam Motor Treatment. I put a full 16-oz bottle in the fuel tank after filling up. The improvement was dramatic and immediate. The engine ran much more smoothly and quietly than before. The engine no longer idled like a diesel farm tractor. I was extremely surprised, but still skeptical, because I wasn't sure if it had actually cleaned anything, or if it was simply helping because it was being burned with the fuel. So, I withheld judgment until the fuel tank had been driven to near-empty and refilled, meaning that the amount of Sea Foam left in the fuel would be negligible.

This was no placebo effect. Even after refueling, the car ran much better than it did before. It now idles more nicely than my Hyundai, which still seems bizarre to me. I am extremely pleased, which doesn't happen often, trust me. I'll be putting a can of Sea Foam Motor Treatment through my fuel tanks before every oil change from now on.

My other car, a Hyundai Sonata, had an annoying ticking sound when it would idle, especially when cold. I would have described the sound as a "lifter tick", but I'm not sure what it was--a sticking valve? I don't know; I'm no mechanic. I added the recommended amount of Sea Foam to the crankcase, and the sound went away immediately, or nearly so. I've since changed the oil in that car, and the sound has not returned.

Some people criticize Sea Foam based on its age. I find these criticisms ridiculous--as if "older" equates with "worse". Do these people ever address the actual chemistry of the product, or provide actual reasons for their disapproval? No, they just complain about how long it's been around.

Sea Foam made me a believer. Very highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works too well., June 12, 2011
This review is from: Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment - 16 oz. (Automotive)
I wish I had not told a, now former, co-worker about this product. He had an old diesel Mercedes sedan. The car was not running well, smoking, sputtering, etc. I looked at it and told him how to use the product to save the car. He took his time getting around to it and almost sold it to me for 300 dollars. I then asked him if he had used Seafoam yet. He told me no. Was going to sell the car to me in 2 weeks. He then asked me how to use it. I told him to buy 2 cans, replace the fuel filter (spin on type for diesels), and fill it with Seafoam then install. Then take the rest the rest of the first bottle and dump into fuel tank if empty go to fuel station and re-fill then add second bottle or if full already add the rest of the first bottle and then the whole second bottle.

He did that, it ran so well he would not sell it to me after that. He told me it ran better then when he had bought it. It also caused the gunk in his tank to free up and plug his fuel lines requiring a tank removal and cleaning. After that it ran like a champ.

I use it in motorcycles to avoid rebuilding the carburetor(s). I add one FULL can to the tank. Yes I know it's only a 5 gallon tank but it works.

I've seen it used on a VW Bug that had been sitting for a few (5?) years it was used to flush the carburetor and then in the fuel tank with fresh gasoline. It cleaned out the tank so fast that the fuel filter plugged up and stalled the car out on the side of the road on the first run.

I also use it to help flush an engine before an oil change, I use it to clean out carburetors when I do rebuild them, and thinking about using it for an 'on the fly' engine cleaning/smoke screen system.

I've used it to flush the stale oil out of a motorcycle it seems to have cleaned the clutch plates up and made them grab better but that might have been just in my mind.

It's not a cure-all but if you understand how to use it it works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars I passed CA SMOG soley because of 1 can of sea foam!!!, February 24, 2011
This review is from: Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment - 16 oz. (Automotive)
I have a 92 dodge stealth es. I brought it to be smoged on Feb 9th, to my dismay, it failed, and pretty substantially. My HC were more than 6X average, CO 8X average, and NO was 4X average. While I have really enjoyed this car, I thought that we were going to part ways, it just didn't make sense to put $500+ into shop evaluations and repairs that may or may not fix the problem.

But before I threw in the towel and spent way more on a new car, I decided to give sea foam a shot. I fed it directly into the engine (via a vacuum line), shut the car off and let it sit for 15min. After 15min I started my car back up and drove down the block with the thickest white exhaust I have ever seen. You couldn't see any cars behind me, I got the dirtiest looks from people on the sidewalk, lol. After about a 1/4 mile my exhaust went back to normal (all the released hydrocarbons and sea foam were burnt off). I immediately noticed my car running smoother with a more consistent exhaust tone. I was hopeful, but not confident...I just took my car to be re-smoged today, hoping I would just sneak by. To my amazement, I didn't just sneak by, but my car's emissions were superb. I tested nearly average on everything (except NO, it was cut in half and passed, but it is clear that I still have a lot of carbon build up in my egr valve, which sea foam can't and is not intended to fix.) I am so amazed with this product! I have never gotten such dramatic results from an automotive additive before. By far, the best $8 (I bought from my local pep boys) I have ever spent. The Sea Foam people have made me a true believer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont hesitate buy it! This really works, April 10, 2006
Dr Zero (Sunny Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment - 16 oz. (Automotive)
I was hesitant to buy this product since I had never heard of it but another member of the Suburban owners group recommended it and I tried it.

WOW! This stuff works great even without disconnecting the vacuum hose just as a straight in the tank treatment.

The engine a 350 Vortec had developed knock or a ping when I accelerated or went up hill I tried some of the others but no joy :(
However after one can of Seafoam it was all gone and runs like a champ!

I posted the original in April of 2006 and now its 2009 so I thought I should give you guys a update.
Still using the Seafoam from time to time as needed to keep things running smooth.
Got some bad gas (water in the underground tank) and the truck was bucking and bogging down check engine light was one I thought I was toast.
Poured in a can of Seafoam and started driving and within a couple of miles things had smoothed out and we were back on schedule!
Seafoam really has proven its self time and time again I cant believe I did not find it sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, June 15, 2011
This review is from: Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment - 16 oz. (Automotive)
MY GOD! This stuff is awesome! My 98' Ford Ranger was running really rough before summer hit. Since its my winter driver / help friends move vehicle I kinda just let it go. Well, today I was helping a buddy move when the check engine light came on and it started to shake very badly at idle like it was about to stall. I took it back home and put my reader on it. It was claiming misfire but would not do it while I had my checker on it.

I had read about seafoam before but had never used it. Since the truck has 120,000 on it I thought id give it a go. I went to a local autozone and bought a bottle. I put a third in the gas tank, a third in the oil and the rest into the vacuum line of the intake manifold. It smoked like crazy during the intake manifold and ran REALLY rough. After I let it sit for a bit on idle I could literally HEAR the truck getting quieter... It was amazing. I took the truck around the block a few times and It felt like a brand new truck, AND the check engine light turned off without me resetting it.

HIGHLY recommended!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Proof that Seafoam works, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment - 16 oz. (Automotive)
I'm pretty skeptical of fuel additives, but I had to share this time I was proven wrong. Seafoam works.

My 2005 Ford Excursion (6.4L V10) one day started running rough and displaying the "Emissions" dashboard light. I took it into an O'Reilly's Auto Parts to borrow their diagnostic computer (totally free, BTW), and it said the #2 cylinder was misfiring. The guy in the shop suggested trying Seafoam, since it was probably a clogged fuel injector. I was skeptical, but figured $10 and dumping a bottle into the tank was worth a try.

I had about 10 gallons left in my tank, which was perfect. I left the store, emptied the bottle in the tank, and took it for a 15 minute joy ride on the freeway. I went home, intending to give it a day or two of normal driving before returning to the store to reset the error codes. I didn't have to wait that long. I ran to the grocery store that evening, and when I started the engine up to head home, the dash light was off already. I didn't even have to take it back to reset the error codes, the #2 cylinder starting firing nicely and everything's good to go.

It's nice when something actually does what it says it will do.

5.0 out of 5 stars It simply works, because it's simple. (Formula Revealed Below), January 1, 2012
ChrisF (Northern WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment - 16 oz. (Automotive)
Sea Foam works, and it works well is the jist of my review. I tried this on my five year old Ariens 926LE snowblower with 9.25hp Tecumseh that was getting the oh so common idle surges, not wanting to idle right, and popping at full throttle. We all know what that means. The carb jets, bowl is starting to plug up with varnish and gunk. Now at this stage you either find a way to fix it yourself or drop it off at the small engine shop for a $99 cleaning/rebuild.

So I tried Sea Foam after reading reviews. One ounce in the one gallon tank just as the bottle says. Plowed snow for an hour, and when done dropped it to idle to clean it off. Instead of sputtering and surging like it had been, it idled like a champ. Smooth as the day it was new.

My neighbor had his blower out too, and I asked him if he wanted to try an ounce in his tank. I added it and when he was done, his low idle was almost as good as mine (his blower is much older, may take a few more tanks). It worked on his machine too, same way it did mine. It cleaned the carb out.

WHAT IT'S MADE OF: I decided to look up more info on this Sea Foam and see what was in it. A combination of Pale Oil(similar to diesel), Naphtha and Isopropyl Alcohol in the right amounts. You can take this info right off their MSDS sheet. They make no secret of it.

You could make it yourself at home and try to figure out the ratios, but since it's only $6.48 per can locally, why bother? It just works. That's why it's been bought by consumers for 70+ years non stop. Whomever found just the right mixture way back then was a lucky guy. You see motor cleaner stuff come and go from everyone else, but Sea Foam just seems to stick around at all the shops and stores. There is obviously a reason for that and now I know why.

Buy it, use it in the right amounts and you can't go wrong. Cleans bowls, jets, injectors, lines, etc. just as it should.

It's not snake oil, it's not a secret ingredient, it's just a formula of common chemicals in the right amounts that works like a charm on internal combustion engines.

I'm sold on Sea Foam and so is my neighbor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product..best yet., February 6, 2011
This review is from: Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment - 16 oz. (Automotive)
I have written two reviews of additives..and considering I was a distinct believer (in the recent past) that additives were the automotive equivalent of snake oil that's a little amazing. I am writing my second review of an additive just to add that Seafoam is the best yet.

I have an OLD car, so old that I tell people I have it on an IV drip. Well after a transmission rebuild I suddenly found that my motor was running the equivalent of an ancient tractor. In any case after reading reviews I bought one bottle of seafoam and followed the directions adding it to the brake booster (1/3) the crankcase (1/3) and the fuel tank (1/3). I got the exhaust fog bank as expected and it appeared that my car got marginally better.

In the often mistaken concept that more is better I bought another bottle and this time I added 1/3 to the crankcase and the rest to the fuel tank. Now it appears that the car has rolled back twenty years and the performance is impressive.

The most amazing side effect is that the fuel gauge (that hasn't worked since I bought the the car two years ago) has started working. I know the fault with the gauge was that the resin/residue that had built up and over 25 years eventually ruined the gauge function. 6 months earlier I even removed the gauge components from the tank and attempted to clean them by hand with no improvement in function. The only thing I can assume is that the bootle of Seafoam (the total I added to the fuel tank) had cleaned the resin and now it was working. Now that is impressive and indicates that it is cleaning other more important components in the fuel system as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars smooth idle, February 10, 2010
This review is from: Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment - 16 oz. (Automotive)
I stored my motorcycle for the winter and when I started it it ran soooo smooth. I also added it to my snowblower and that ran at a calmer idle. I had about 1/2 a can so I added to my 98,000 mile vehicle and the idle was so smooth and it felt almost like a new car. I did not add it to my oil.

Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment - 16 oz.
$10.64