Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on May 26, 2002
Sea Lord and Killer's Wake are one and the same book published under two diferent titles. Great book but no need to buy both.
22 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2012
Having never read a Bernard Cornwall before and constantly being told to by my husband I decided on Sea Lord, besides the fact that I know nothing about sailing (which I learnt along the way with the help of my kindle dictionary) I found it a really good read, wanting to pick it up all the time to see what was happening, it had a good story line with a real who done it finish, kept you guessing till the end.
on July 31, 2014
This is a very different Cornwell. It is not a history lesson wrapped up in an entertaining tale featuring well established characters. It is purely a novel; and a very entertaining novel at that. The main character avoided the unbearable stress of his family's expectations and threats by taking his steel-hulled yacht to sea and sailing wherever he wanted. He used his hard won skills to earn a living fixing other people's boats from Sydney to Singapore to San Francisco. Then he goes home because his Mother is dying and there is a missing picture worth millions and an intriguing plot that I won't spoil by telling you any more. Read it and ENJOY.
on March 26, 2015
A mad romp for all sea loving adventurers ~ I never knew he wrote this stuff ~ I do now ~ If you are a bloke ~ Take it on holidays and nod at your lover as you slurp over a gin with an eye on a line or a chapter .
on April 15, 2015
I was disappointed in this book as Bernard has written some excellent ones, this is not one of them. The storyline is fine and the characters interesting but I could not believe it and wondered if a ghost writer had been involved.
on January 12, 2014
Nice! I mean " NiZe!" Action, family drama, old British aristocratic family tangled up with modern day work-of-art-heist. Cool characters with strong undercurrent of emotions bubbling under the surface. Spiced up with lots of real world sailing (I've done some myself). In short it is a treat to read.
on June 11, 2014
Great characters, engrossing use of seafaring yarn, good writing, and perpetual suspense help to buoy-up this book's rating, somewhat waterlogged by some plot predictability, and one charred protagonist.
on August 22, 2013
This was a very good story. I like first person naratives. I thought this was paced pretty well with just enough mystery to keep it interesting. I rarely pass up a Bernard Cornwell book.
on November 28, 2014
In 'Sea Lord' Cornwell is as masterful a story-teller as ever. He brings alive the world of sailing & even a land lubber like I was engrossed in the minutae of small boats & their rigging and handling. I have always been a great fan of his historical novels but this time he has changed pace without missing a step!
on May 11, 2014
Love these stories the writer really takes you away I can wait to retread the rest of Bernard's books on sailing adventures