5.0 out of 5 stars Best diet keeper secret.
I guess this is a secret. This is great at keeping the diet that you are currently on. You get the sensation of a complete meal, like spaghetti, or any other meat with sauce that needs a noodle.

These have no flavor but pick up whatever they are being cooked with.

Published on July 12, 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars What does it take? They never got soft!
Published on September 21, 2012 by Diane C. Howard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best diet keeper secret., July 12, 2011
Amazon Customer (WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raw Kelp Noodles-12 ozs. (Misc.)

These have no flavor but pick up whatever they are being cooked with.

It is so hard to find these noodles. I travel to my local health food store to get them. I might just get them from the Sea Tangle website, which is much cheaper than advertised here. $33/12-12oz.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Noodles!, July 15, 2011
This review is from: Raw Kelp Noodles-12 ozs. (Misc.)
I generally avoid most pastas, preferring the zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash as gluten free alternatives instead of rice noodles or other gluten free options. These are such a nice surprise! I only bought them because they were on sale at our local health food store (two 12-oz. bags for $5.00). Admittedly when I took them out of the bag, I wasn't too certain about them. The texture is a little odd straight out of the package. I rinsed them with water and then made a tahini, almond butter, tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil, adzuki bean miso, and coconut sugar sauce to pour over them. I had to massage the sauce into them a bit with my hands. Then they softened up into reasonable nicely textured noodles. I topped it with thinly sliced cucumber, carrots and chopped almonds. Mmmm! They are very high in calcium, and with the tahini sauce, it's a calcium fest. Granted, I can't very well see how they're considered "raw." They hardly look like any kelp plants I know. Some processing had to take place somewhere along the way. I am happy to have found them to satisfy my occasional craving for something that's a little more genuinely noodle-y. Hooray!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great low-carb treat, May 11, 2011
This review is from: Raw Kelp Noodles-12 ozs. (Misc.)
These have a really nice texture, crispy-bouncy, and no odd flavor. My husband and I prefer them to shirataki. A LOT. They are very low carb, did not budge my blood sugar!

Better for salads or Asian dishes, I do not think I would like them in place of spaghetti. I use spaghetti squash for that.

I only gave them 4 stars because they may seem deceitful to some people. There is a video criticizing them for being "processed," not truly raw, on youtube. Doesn't bother me -- I am low carber, not a raw foodist.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to Paleo diet!, December 2, 2013
E. Lee (Alameda, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raw Kelp Noodles-12 ozs. (Misc.)
As someone eating a Paleo diet, these are great. I have made pad thai, spaghetti, and all kinds of other noodle-based meals. It is great. They don't smell too bad, and have no flavor, so they just taste like your recipe. They are naturally crunchy(ish) and part of the trick to using them is to find a recipe that will turn them into a soft, less plasticky noodle. We have found a combination of rinsing, acid (lime, tomato) and heat does the trick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasted great!, August 24, 2013
This review is from: Raw Kelp Noodles-12 ozs. (Misc.)
Used the recipe on back, did the stir fry. Gave it to my co-workers here on the North Slope, they loved it. Even people who don't eat anything like that loved it. Used the organic wheat free soy-sauce sold on Amazon too. Trying to go gluten free. Tasted good.

4.0 out of 5 stars First timer and definitely in love, April 15, 2014
This review is from: Raw Kelp Noodles-12 ozs. (Misc.)
If you're a carb watcher like I am, you're probably trying to stay away from pasta as much as possible. I saw an episode of Dr. Oz that featured kelp noodles as a healthy alternative to traditional pasts noodles. I ordered this product to try them for myself and became a huge fan. I'm a novice at cooking with them so I'm there's a lot more that can be done with them recipe wise, but I tried them raw (they're ready to eat upon arrival) and cooked as well. When cooked in a bit of sauce they relaxed and became a very similar texture to regular noodles. Eaten raw they have a curious type of crunch that I didn't mind at all. They're very low in calories and have almost not net carbs so they make a great substitute for traditional noodles. My only critique is that the bag isn't big enough! I was sad to see the last bit of noodles go! There are 3-4 servings in this bag if I remember correctly. I definitely recommend this product to anyone who is interested in trying something new and hasn't had kelp noodles. I'd also recommend this product to someone who is looking for a great alternative to or substitute for regular pasta noodles. Adding this product to your diet seems like it could really help trim your waistline!

1.0 out of 5 stars What does it take? They never got soft!, September 21, 2012
Diane C. Howard (Bellevue, Nebraska, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raw Kelp Noodles-12 ozs. (Misc.)
I bought these from a local store -- same brand, same size -- and tried using them tonight. Though there was water in the package, they were dry. These noodles had the texture of wood shavings or hay. My first thought was a Hijiki (seaweed), cucumber and kelp-noodle salad. I soaked them for half an hour, expecting them to soften, but without success. Then I put the container in the microwave and heated the water to boiling and let them sit in the hot water for maybe 20 minutes, until the water was room temperature. Still dry and crunchy. I tried a recipe on the back next, exactly as written. No luck. What does it take to soften these things? More than an hour in liquid, plus heating, should have done something!
Some will say I should not give a poor review because I can't get them to turn into noodles.Well, consumers need to know what problems other consumers have had,so they can make valid decisions (or make fun of me, whatever works!).
This is probably a case of operator error. Or maybe I got a bad batch. I expected them to soften like rice noodles, but maybe with the texture of shiritake noodles.
I would love to know more details of others' experiences with these noodles. I don't know what I did wrong. The noodles are not cheap, and I hesitate to buy them again based on my experience. I would not recommend these noodles to anyone else, either, because I couldn't get them to become soft.

3.0 out of 5 stars It was all right, September 23, 2013
This review is from: Raw Kelp Noodles-12 ozs. (Misc.)
Not used to eating these but I'm sure they'll be better when I use more seasonings. It was all right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for staying on track ..., August 27, 2012
wahmom (Tampa Bay, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raw Kelp Noodles-12 ozs. (Misc.)
I received my Kelp Noodles very quickly and they are great! You can eat them raw or warm them. They stay firm even when warmed (used them for spaghetti one night).

4.0 out of 5 stars They really don't taste like anything, but for the purpose of a nice, July 15, 2014
This review is from: Raw Kelp Noodles-12 ozs. (Misc.)
They really don't taste like anything, but for the purpose of a nice, whole, grain-free noodle in a dish with its own flavor, they do the job perfectly.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›