Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 0-$3000|Change
Price:$9.99+ Free shipping

on January 4, 2014
I bought this service for my brand new seagate go-flex, after a month of use I get the click of death. -__- but i remembered I bought this plan to recover my data and drive. I made my claim back in the beginning of November; and ever since it has been a nightmare trying to get any straight answers. it took over month for them to send me a mailing address, because all the reps wanted to pass the buck and tell me someone else would email it to me. I finally just asked for the manager and explained to her my situation, she assured it would be taken care of that same day and she would email me either way to make sure I was satisfied. (head of data recovery I hope you read this). Three silent day pass by before I decide to conatct them again. At this point im furious at the lack of professionalism shown by this company, for a service I paid my good money for. This time I simply asked for a refund and the agent tells me he'll personally email me the address while im on the phone with him. I finally get the prepaid mailing sticker and try to send it; unfortunately I do not live near a ups, so i pay for it out of pocket because I couldn't afford to wait on the data any longer. I sent them an email about this and to this day, i haven't received response. The tracking number showed that they received my drive on December 2nd..

The plan stated it took about 2-3 days to recover data. I decide to call them two weeks later, and ask for a status update, the female rep told me she couldn't find any record of my claim. I almost lost it on that call, I calmly asked for someone higher, and I end up speaking to the same manager who said she would "take care of it" from calls prior. She stated 2-3 weeks is normal and to just wait. Since that day, I have been and still am waiting...

I like seagate products but this experience was a travesty of service.
I will NEVER do business with another seagate "service" AGAIN
I still do like their hdd's , I must of received a lemon this time.

*made an effort to not use any names here/ for no matter how bad the service was no-one deserves such public shaming.

UPDATE!

I received the drive today, and was very shocked. The data recovery was flawless, files that I thought I'd never see again were restored. Also everything was put back into the correct folder, not just one file with a bunch of random data. Overall this was worth the wait, probably because I had important data on it. only if they hadn't lied to me repeatedly. O well

Would I no do it again?? yes/no depending on what I lost
2020 comments|224 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2013
I've bought 2 of these (3 year) on two different orders in the past month. I have received nothing from them, no emails, and have not be able to get a hold of anyone via phone. I fingered maybe the first order was backed up over from the black Friday weekend, but when even the second order a week later also went unfulfilled over a week and a half later, something isn't right.

Will try to contact them for another couple days then file claims with Amazon on both orders.

Update:
Seagate Service Plans responded. They claim they had sent the confirmation through email via Amazon, though nothing was received and I have never had an instanced where gmail has filtered any email from Amazon. On thing they should just put in the listing is that you can go directly to here (serviceplans.seagate.com/amazon), put in your Amazon order number, and register the service plan. It shouldn't take having to contact them to get that info.
Raising review to 2.5 stars since they did end up delivery the product, but the hassle and their apparently difficulty with just sending email through Amazon as part of the product does not inspire much confidence.
44 comments|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2014
My Seagate 4.0 external was accidentally dropped and is unreadable...I had a nice chat with the lady from the Data Recovery Service, which is NOT Seagate. It is an outside company. Please note...YOU HAVE TO REGISTER the plan. I didn't do that when I bought the plan back in December 2013. She was very nice and let me register, but I almost had a heart attack. After we registered the plan, she went through some basic questions. She said it would take 4-5 business days for me to get an email with the information on how to ship the hard drive. I told her to put a rush on that, because I need to get it out the door before Wednesday morning. We will see how the next steps go. REMEMBER TO REGISTER THE PLAN!
on August 5, 2014
I purchased the 3 year rescue and replace plan for my G-drive and I thought hey, why not you never know. Three months in and my drive gives out! I patted myself on the back for having this rescue plan. BUT after four more months of phone calls and seagate voiding my plan, I am upset. Oops sorry, turns out we don't cover your drive!
I don't know why amazon offers this plan at all. Seagate will NOT replace your drive if it isn't seagate or similar to seagate.

WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME

UPDATE:
Seagate has contacted me and told me that Amazon's system glitched which is why this plan was offered to nonseagate drive users. They told I will probably get a refund for my product. Hopefully, I do. Until then I will keep my review at one star.

UPDATE:
Seagate refunded me my drive and my rescue and replace plan. I am pleased that they did this since I was expecting the worst after my previous experiences. THANK YOU SEAGATE
55 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2014
I'm an independent film producer, who randomly had to pick up a spare harddrive before a very arduous shoot in the wicked cold this January/February brought to the Midwest. For whatever random reason, I decided to purchase this Rescue & Replace plan - to this day I'm still not sure what made me spend the extra money, as in my entire life I've never had a drive fail. Well, after s*** storm after s*** storm, we finished shooting the project. A few weeks into the edit process, a strange power surge fried several of our drives, including our archive drives - we lost everything that we had shot and spent much money on. Luckily, I had this plan; Seagate was super eager to help and when I offered to pay for a 'Rush Job', they assured me that it wouldn't be necessary and recovered the drive with nearly 4TB of film magazine footage in less than 10 days of the receive date.

I am still waiting for the new drive in the mail, but recovery was "100% successful" and I am eager to get back to work.
Will update this once I know the data has been 100% successfully recovered and in my hands.
So far so good Seagate!
on August 7, 2014
Three months after I buy this added protection Seagate contacts me and says, "Sorry, our bad, we don't want to cover that product. We'll send you money back." Pretty sure this is not legal and I would not bought this product without added coverage. I've been bunt too many times by external hard drives. They fail all the time and you need protection and back ups.
This is not cool.
on January 31, 2016
Shortly after getting my hard drive, the data was corrupted by an error on my part. It completely destroyed my hard drive and it wouldn't even be recognized as a hard drive by any computer. Luckily, I was able to send it in to have it repaired. The phone number was a little difficult to find to file a claim, but once I had it, I was able to easily get things taken care of. They are very respectful and patient. For anyone in the same boat, the claim number for this service is: 1-800-261-9859.
on February 7, 2015
If I can't afford a Seagate Rescue plan, I can't afford a hard drive. I learned my lesson once, and paid $500 to get a 2TB drive restored. Now, I buy a plan for every backup drive I buy - even my portable drives. I've only had to use the many plans I've bought since that disaster only once, but it paid for all the plans I'm likely to buy for many, many years. I had a portable Canvio drive become unreadable - the first time on the many I own - and Seagate quickly recovered all the file and sent them on a lovely Seagate replacement.

You can't afford to NOT buy this protection if you shoot and store a lot of digital images. Not until I tried to use one of those "unlimited" cloud storage vendors did I discover that "unlimited" really has vendor-specific limits.Until "unlimited" cloud storage really is, you need hard drives. And if you need hard drive, you need this Seagate plan
on April 11, 2014
I purchased 4 Laptop HGST drives and none of them are covered. 3 drives out of 4 failed and this plan excludes those specific models, even though Amazon sells them bundled with the drive sales.

UTTERLY FALSE! DO NOT PURCHASE with HGST drives.
44 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2015
I had a Seagate external drive stop working after 10 months and all it took was one phone call. Seagate promptly sent out return label and within a couple of weeks, sent me a brand new hard-drive with all of my recovered data. What a relief to know they recovered not only my irreplaceable pictures but everything else I had stored on the drive. I highly recommend purchasing this service plan if you're buying an external hard drive.
44 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse