|Hard Drive||3 TB Desktop|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
2 Year Data Recovery Planfrom FA Service Plans
- If your drive stops working, the Seagate Rescue data recovery plan will recover the data from the failed drive and return it to you on a new piece of external storage
- Covers new single-disk external hard drives of any brand when purchased within 30 days (receipt must be retained for purchases not on the same transaction). Not eligible on enterprise class or multi-drive devices
- Free shipping for in-lab data recovery; 24/7 online case status tracking
- If your data isn't recovered, you get your money back
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan.
(Old Model) Seagate Backup Plus 3TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STCA3000101)
|Price:||$136.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Keep copies of your precious digital files, in case disaster strikes
- Impressive 3 TB storage capacity
- Save feature enables user-generated content to be backed up from your favorite social network
- Share feature allows multiple files to be uploaded to social networks at once from your computer
- Install the pre-loaded NTFS driver for Mac and use the drive interchangeably between PC and Mac computers without reformatting
- Features USB 3.0 for quick data transfer rates; upgrade to Thunderbolt technology or FireWire 800 with the available additional adapter
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: (Old Model) Seagate Backup Plus 3TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STCA3000101)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$6.04|
|Hard Disk Size||3 TB||5 TB||3 TB||3 TB|
|Hard Disk Description||Desktop||Desktop||Desktop||Desktop|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Back Up Your Digital Life
The Seagate Backup Plus desktop drive delivers easy-to-use, high-capacity, flexible protection for your files. This drive also works seamlessly with your social media accounts so it's simple to back up and share your online photos, movies and more.
Transfer large files at the speed of life. With up to 30% faster transfer speeds and capacities up to 2x larger than portable drives, the Backup Plus Desktop drive is everything you want.
One-Click Custom Backup Plans
The Backup Plus desktop drive comes pre-loaded with premium backup software included in the easy-to-use Seagate Dashboard. Create a backup plan with a single click using the 'Protect Now' feature for a set-it-and-forget-it solution. Quickly create custom backup plans to protect your files. Easy backup scheduling options include daily, weekly, monthly or specific times.
Save Your Social Life
The Seagate Dashboard makes it simple to share or save files associated with online social networks including Flickr, Facebook and YouTube. Automatically download copies of your photos, movies and more from social networking sites to your drive, and share files by simply clicking on your social network's icon within the Seagate Dashboard. Easily share multiple files with your social networks at the same time.
The Backup Plus desktop drive features a unique adapter system that lets you quickly and cost-effectively upgrade or change the drive's interface. Take advantage of the newest, fastest connections--now and in the future: Choose from USB 3.0 (included), USB 2.0, Thunderbolt technology and Firewire 800.
What's in the Box?
Seagate Backup Plus desktop drive, preloaded Seagate Dashboard, quick start guide, USB 3.0 adapter with capacity gauge, 5-foot (150 cm) USB 3.0 cable, power supply, warranty.
Compatible operating systems are Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3 (32-bit and 64-bit) and Mac OS X 10.6 or higher (reformatting for Mac may be required).
There's a Seagate Backup Plus Drive that's Perfect for Every Backup Need
Big Backup. Small Package.
With capacities up to 1.5TB, the Backup Plus portable drive makes it easy to take along plenty of extra storage.
Space to spare.
Capacities up to 4TB make the Backup Plus desktop drive the simple solution when your digital life goes big.
Ready to roll with your Mac computer.
The Backup Plus for Mac portable drive is compatible with Time Machine backup software straight out of the box.
Massive Mac backup.
Straight-out-of-the-box Time Machine software compatibility meets massive capacities in the Backup Plus for Mac desktop drive.
Top Customer Reviews
I bought the 3 TB drive to back up my Dell XPS 15 750MB hard drive as well as to store my ever increasing inventory of video files. It seamed like a great price for $149
The hard drive came with Seagate software called Dashboard for backing up user document files. It was easy and worked well. It created a backup of my document directory and gave me the option for having both added or changed files updated at a time of my choosing.
What happened next was more of a Microsoft issue than Seagate. When trying to use Windows 7 backup to create a disc image on the Seagate, it kept failing halfway through giving me error messages. This happened to me before on other large external hard drives over 2TB, so I thought I would fix it by partitioning the drive into a 750GB and 2.25TB drives. I then tried to back it up on the 750GB partition but had the same problem. It took me 2 hours to figure out Windows 7 backup will not work with these hard drive because of the way the sectors are sized. I did however find a free Seagate program called Seagate Disc Wizard that you can download for free at Seagate's website that will create a disc image backup without this issue.
- Seagate Dashboard is great for backing up and recovering individual user files and Disc Wizard for creating disc images in case of system failure
- Its quiet
- Its fast. Created a 320GB disc image in about 45 min.Read more ›
Consumer hard drives at this price point are not as robust as enterprise drives. You should expect to have problems from time to time, requiring replacing or repairing a drive, or restoring lost data. Believe it. Prepare for it. Not having backups of your important data is foolhardy and a disaster waiting to happen, no matter what brand of drives you use.
As with most people in the home market today, the amount of data and its importance to our daily lives is increasing. You must plan for and prepare to protect this vital asset.
Here are some tips based on my many years of experience, and trust me, I have made all the mistakes that I am warning you about:
- You must have a way to restore or regenerate any computer system that you consider critical to your life. This includes the data, operating system and applications. There are software products available that allow you to make a backup "clone" of your hard drive, and several products, such as Windows Home Server, that will automatically backup all your data and all your computers. Take a look, and find a product in this category that meets your needs and price point.
- You must make periodic backups of everything; all data and computer system drives. The products I just mentioned can be configured to do it automatically, or you can do it manually. The more often, the better.
- You should buy the highest quality hard drives you can afford ("Enterprise" or "NAS" quality drives are the most expensive).Read more ›
I'm writing this for one reason...all I wanted was oodles of storage space, and this External HDD delivers in spades.
Seagate has been the only brand of External HDD I've ever used, and every drive I've purchased has functioned as intended (even my first Seagate External HDD, a 120gb model that's nearly 10 years old now, still works to this day). I don't mean to sound like a brainwashed fanboy, but I've never been disappointed with a Seagate drive.
I've seen some people mention their HDD not showing up as a single drive (enough so that I was worried mine would do the same)...but I'm running Vista 64 Home Premium on my laptop and Windows 7 Professional on my desktop and both PCs read the entire disk as one 2.7tb drive.
It's really fast as a USB 3.0 drive, and works just fine in USB 2.0 ports.
Aesthetically, it looks nice. I could have done without the 4 bar "fill" meter on the front (and the math needed to determine how 3tb [or rather, 2.7tb] is divided equally between the 4 bars...*joking*), but I'm not complaining about it either. The base of the unit (the obvious "this end down" part) is detachable, allowing you to plug in separately purchased adapters for (I think) firewire and/or lightningbolt.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I would recommend it highly recommended an excellent productPublished 1 day ago by Mohammed ALBaqshi
Best thing since sliced cheese. Plenty of storage room and portable.Published 5 days ago by Melissa Keeton
Great HD .. fast and very easy to connect ... does what it is supposed to do .. and transfers files very quickly ... i am satisfiedPublished 8 days ago by BuyeronAmazon1234
Used this drive as a backup drive / file server. Just short of the 2-year mark, the drive became unreadable. Running chkdsk showed multiple bad sectors. Read morePublished 9 days ago by P. Johnston
I bought this drive in November 2012 and it's still working, though never correctly.
Originally this was my safe backup drive, which meant it only ever got connected and... Read more
The disk performed OK while it worked, but started dying after less than two years of rather light use. Read morePublished 26 days ago by E