Top positive review
107 people found this helpful
Great Drive, Great Performance, But......Watch out......
on March 26, 2011
In my server, I have 6 2TB drives installed, in 3 sets of RAID 1 configuration. I wanted to replace 2 of the old drives with these ones.
I purchased and installed and immediately noticed that on Power ON, it would take few seconds for my Server to reach POST screen, which is surprising. I have 850W power supply, and 2 video cards, but still have plenty of spare power capacity left.
So I disconnected these 2 new drives, and guess what, system immediately comes to POST on power up.
I did some research and found that this model drives draws more power on start up. Once started, they behave nicely, just the initial power ON current draw is higher than other drives. Long story short, I swapped the drives from my NAS enclosure to my server and installed these 2 drives in my NAS.
1) whopping 64MB cache....!!!!
2) Fast SATA 6Gb/s interface
3) Sustained high data transfer rate, (recreating RAID was much faster on these drives)
4) Light weight since it has only 3 platters
5) Runs cool, even with sustained data in/out operation
6) Quiet, even when transferring, reading/writing data
1) Higher start-up current draw
2) 4K sector size, which may or may not be a problem for you, depending on your application, OS etc.
3) Only 3 year warranty