2,962 Reviews
 (1,758)

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good.
I've dealt almost exclusively with WD for the last 10 years....I had a string of bad luck with Seagate before that, and had sworn off of them. Well, times have changed, and I'm willing to see if Seagate has improved over the years. Post-flood WD seems to be sticking to the absurd prices after other makers are slowly going back down to reasonable prices. And I have to say...
Published on April 17, 2012 by Skullywag

2,081 of 2,312 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars POWER OF ONE or WEAKNESS OF 0.67 - how to avoid getting the bad drive version...
UPDATE January 2014:

Thanks to information from many useful comments, a short update:

1) The problem is still the same as it was. Both 2TB drives are still being sold with the same model number. Due to changes in serial nunbers, depth of the drive housing's indentation has now become the best way to distinquish the drives (see user images - bottom...
Published 21 months ago by niels

‹ Previous | 171 72 73297 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Drive - Backing up the predecessor which is still running, May 11, 2014
This is the second drive 3 TB Barracuda in my PC. I bought it as a backup, even though the Seagate Barracuda that I bought more than a year ago is still running well without any problems. 5 stars for speed and reliability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, May 11, 2014
I bought it because I built my own computer and it works great. It is of very good quality. I recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice hard drive..., May 11, 2014
I ordered this for a client's computer. I ordered this based on it's SATA and it's 7200 RPM spindle speed. I installed this in a Dell Precision desktop with 2.8 GHz quad core processor. The computer's main use is AutoCAD and Photoshop. This was an upgrade from XP To Win7 and the install was nice and fast, boot times are quick and the programs fire open (not AutoCAD of course). I would say overall the computer is 3 times faster than it was with the old drive and it is very smooth.
This retailer was Amazon, the packaging was perfect, it came in an O.E.M box and was in perfect (brand new) shape. The shipping was the upgraded overnight Prime and it came on time...I had my doubts about truly getting the drive delivered the next day, but it did! I am very happy with Amazon and very happy with the hard drive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Drive, May 11, 2014
Just got this drive recently because I needed some more cheap space, and SSD's don't come (really) cheap. Anyway, installed it, my computer picked it up, and it works well. Not much else to really put for a HDD review, they only do so much!

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 TB drives for use in Lenovo Server, May 10, 2014
Wanted to fill out the drive spaces in my server and purchased two of these to do the job. Easy order, quick shipping, very good packaging . . . and SUPPORT!! When I actually opened the packages to start the install, I realized I had ordered the wrong drive configuration - needed SATA but had sent for SCSI. Notified seller and, amazingly, they only asked for the serial numbers and immediately issues an RA for both drives (with complete refund). Yobitech RULES in my book!! Super seller and wonderful customer service. Another reason I've started doing most of my online shopping with Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars best deal out there on the web, May 10, 2014
Seagate hd's are some f the best and I plan to get many more. in fact a couple more this very day

1.0 out of 5 stars No good, May 9, 2014
Honestly from inception i had issues withe this drive. firstly, when I got it, it had windows 8 installed on it and well because it wasn't configured for my machine i had to format the drive which btw took a very long time way longer than it should have to format a drive this size. After fighting up with the drive for a couple of hours trying to get it formatted and even recognized by my machine, I was finally able to install my OS. Could be no less than a month the drive went totally bad, slowing down considerably and freezing every program i would try to run on it. Installed a SMART monitoring tool on the machine that indicated that the HDD had been seriously degraded and needed to be changed ASAP to prevent data loss. I honestly dont know if i had just gotten a bad batch or what but my experience with this particular Drive was not a good one AT ALL. I ended up buying a cheaper drive and that worked flawlessly, and being in the Caribbean it would have been a lot of hassle to ship this item back so i just count my losses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to go, May 9, 2014
Good from a performance and cost standpoint. Installed 2 as a second storage/database RAID 1 array. Only in for a month, but performing well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and inexpensive, May 9, 2014
We bought several and used them in a RAID 0 for our video production unit. HD is fast. Very happy. Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Good home storage drive, May 8, 2014
Seagate seems to get a bad rap, and based off of their history, rightfully so. However, Their recent drives, this 4 TB drive included, seem to be very reliable. I have several of them in my home media server which I use for storage. I have had them over a year now, and they have held up. No clicking, no decrease in speeds, or any other issues. Seagate acquired Samsung's traditional hard drive factories a while back, which is what I use to purchase. I would imagine this may have something to do with the increase in quality. Anyway, they work great for me, and I intend to buy a couple more in the near future. Keep in mind too, that ALL hard drive manufacturers have some faulty drives every now and then, so if you get one DOA, get it replaced through Amazon or manufacturer's warranty and give it one more try before you pass judgment, no matter which brand you choose.

‹ Previous | 171 72 73297 | Next ›