Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on February 3, 2016
When I had a tiny HDD of around 500.. It wouldn't get anywhere near full.. After I got this.. it was filled up in few weeks with all the games... The more room you get, the more you take. Running with no problems. Heavy gamers get multiple ones to RAID0 or just get a 3TB HDD.
on February 3, 2016
Good drive at a good price.
on February 3, 2016
I repair computers for a living and Seagate is all I use.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
Very noisy
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Dear lkayr,

While the drive may make some small sounds when in use, it should not be excessively loud. Please try running our SeaTools diagnostics to determine the overall drive health:

Please let us know the result and contact us directly so we may assist further:

Best Regards,
Seagate Suppor
on February 2, 2016
So far so good. Small for a 4TB external drive, about the size of a 2TB external drive.
on February 2, 2016
The quietest hard drive I've ever enountered. So quiet that, at first, I wasn't sure it was actually running. A very good choice.
on January 28, 2016
buy bare bone this did not come with anything but the box,
on January 22, 2016
My old factory drive was still working but the computer was sluggish, frequent spinning rainbows, etc. 8 months ago I purchased and setup a 4TB thunderbolt drive to expand my capacity since the internal was about 75% full and it hadn't even dawned upon me to replace the internal drive. I replaced it only because I noticed it had begun to fail the START (?) drive health status thing....only noticed this because it prevented me from upgrading the OS to El Capitan. Replaced the drive and increased to 2 TB using the OWC Complete Hard Drive Upgrade Kit. I should have done this a year ago and not bought the thunderbolt external drive. It was soooo easy! And doing a restore from TimeMachine worked seamlessly after I watched a couple videos about creating a bootable 8GB El Capitan install drive. I was braced for much difficulty and the whole thing was done after a few hours and my 2011 iMac is now working like new and much faster.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 21, 2016
And of course past the 2 years warranty. I have another 2TB barracuda that completely failed in the same time frame, made in China, and this one is made in Malaysia, Coincidence? Bad Luck? You decide.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Dear Bobby,

Please try running our "SeaTools for Windows" diagnostics to determine the overall drive health:

Please let us know the result by using the link listed below to provide your phone contact information and we will have a technician reach out to you for assistance. Be sure to include a direct link to your Amazon review for reference.

Best Regards,
Seagate Support
on January 20, 2016
I purchased the following item “Seagate Desktop HDD 3TB 7200RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5" - Internal Drive Retail Kit (STBD3000100)” Seagate Desktop HDD 3TB 7200RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5" - Internal Drive Retail Kit (STBD3000100) . What I received was a drive in a box, nothing else. While I wouldn’t necessarily expect interface cables or even power adapter cables I in fact did expect mounting screws, if its advertised as a “retail kit” I expect more than a hard drive and a two page (per language) booklet.

So don’t be fooled by Seagate’s advertising, there is no “kit” in this “retail kit”, just a drive and a booklet in a box. Now if you’ll excuse me I need to go and buy some F#$*ing mounting screws.