2,876 Reviews
 (1,706)

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good.
I've dealt almost exclusively with WD for the last 10 years....I had a string of bad luck with Seagate before that, and had sworn off of them. Well, times have changed, and I'm willing to see if Seagate has improved over the years. Post-flood WD seems to be sticking to the absurd prices after other makers are slowly going back down to reasonable prices. And I have to say...
Published on April 17, 2012 by Skullywag

2,063 of 2,292 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars POWER OF ONE or WEAKNESS OF 0.67 - how to avoid getting the bad drive version...
UPDATE January 2014:

Thanks to information from many useful comments, a short update:

1) The problem is still the same as it was. Both 2TB drives are still being sold with the same model number. Due to changes in serial nunbers, depth of the drive housing's indentation has now become the best way to distinquish the drives (see user images - bottom...
Published 21 months ago by niels

‹ Previous | 144 45 46288 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Comes with a 1TB Un-allocated Partition and if you're not ..., July 9, 2014
This review is from: Seagate Desktop 3 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 7200 RPM 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST3000DM001 (Personal Computers)
Comes with a 1TB Un-allocated Partition and if you're not a PC Guru it is hard to figure out how to allocate that space. Otherwise, read/write speeds are phenomenal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, cool, fast read and write speeds., July 9, 2014
Still working after 2 months, speeds are 155 Mbs Read, 119 Write on Sata 3.

These seem to run very cool. If they fail, I will update. So far, very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like it after I got it working, July 9, 2014
I really like it after I got it working. I had to contact Seagate to walk me through the initializing process. I didn't get any instructions with it. It performas as expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Affordable 2 TB and fast with file transfers to SanDisk Extreme II SSD, July 9, 2014
I run either Windows 8.1 Enterprise or Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard andI was searching for an affordable 2TB drive to store full backups (easy to find role/feature in Windows Server 2012) or many, many restore points. I had inadvertently put downloaded movies and TV series on this drive and moved it to my SanDisk Exxtreme II. The transfer speed for large files is incredibly fast.

I was also pleased that, although you see the word "bare", the drive is enclosed as much as any WD HDD 7200 rpm drive I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW I got this for like $70 on Warehouse deals, July 8, 2014
WOW I got this for like $70 on Warehouse deals, I'd say I was plugged, great deal would buy again but unfortunately I got the last one for that price. Have had no issues with the drive at all, using it for mass storage. Wish I could buy another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Deal, July 8, 2014
Good for storage. Good speed for an awesome price

5.0 out of 5 stars i have this drive in 2 pcs i bult my ..., July 8, 2014
i have this drive in 2 pcs i bult my main one and another i built for the lols.

you cant go wrong with seagate drives.

main
intel i5 3570k
Cooler Master Hyper N520
Asus P8Z77-V LK
corsair vengeance 16GB 1600 MHZ
EVGA GTX 780 SC
kingston hyperx 120 GB SSD (os)
seagate 1tb 7200 RPM HDD (storage)
diablotek Cyclopes mid tower case (5 case fans)

lols