Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 258 questions
votes
No, while they may go into a sleep mode I've always found them to be responsive even after the haven't been accessed for a long time. Have never had one power down when using it.
Feb 2, 2014 by Darren O'Neill
votes
My 2TB and 3TB are both 7200.
Nov 16, 2013 by RJZ
votes
Desktop means it has it's own ac connector that you have to plug into a socket. Portable just plugs into the usb of your pc and gets power through there. This is still very portable so long as you have an ac outlet to plug it into. Also Desktop tends to be faster than Portable. With portable both power and info are going through the one usb port which bottlenecks how quickly either can get through. Also if you plan to use this as an External drive for video game system then always go for a Desktop one with it's own power supply. You can really harm your system by leaving portables hooked on them for too long.
28 days ago by Hunter Straessley
vote
I think it depends on if you are buying "new" "used" or "refurbished" - in my case I bought mine new, it came with 1 year warranty if I remember right, I am sorry I cannot find my paperwork for it at the moment, but in my mind I think it is one full year.
Mar 18, 2014 by Chip Hartley
vote
I bought mine in January 2014, so if you have an older or newer model this may not apply. The front surface of this is flat, but slightly angled, so setting mine on the front was not stable. It stands up, but the slightest bump would knock it over onto its top. The sides however are flat and at a 90 degree angle to the top/bottom. It can stand that way and is more stable than standing on its front, but I still wouldn't leave it that way unless there were some support to keep it from falling over if I accidentally bumped it.
Jan 22, 2014 by Vizoere
vote
The dimensions... a little bit bigger than a 3.5" internal drive would be except a little taller. The venting is good and she doesnt overheat after 2 hours of movie watching from a file located on the drive. Windows7 Not compatible? -NOT TRUE.. I have my movie collection on this thing: Its compatible with my smart TV, Win7, Win8 and Mac Lion (Plugged in Physically and or networked in).. I have used each of these platforms with the 3Tb and without fail. Anyone tells you different, I would have a concern. I use mine every day. The only thing that could cause you an issue is if it came as a refurb from previous owner and that person re-partitioned the drive for some other purpose that isnt Win7 friendly. New and out of the box,, shes ready to go. Refurbed (if not) just needs a repartition and formatting. Good luck! -g
Nov 21, 2013 by Girald
vote
Of coarse there's a manufacturer's warranty. You just go to Seagate.com as the warranty card in the box instructs you to and register the drive, you will need model and serial numbers. Keep in mind that with like with any drive warranty it only covers the drive and not the data stored on it, so if there is valuable data that you can't afford to lose then you will need another drive holding the backup of that data so if you need a replacement you will still have your data backed up. This goes with any drive, also with any drive do not allow your drive to fall off a table or subject it to a shock like fall, hit, or drop something on it. Just like any delicate item you can't expect it to work after sudden trauma like that.
Aug 2, 2014 by unknown user
vote
Use Apple's Disk Utility (Applications>Utilities) to format. I'm using two of the 3TB models as Time Machine drives under 10.6 Snow Leopard. This drive should work fine with 10.5 too.
Dec 4, 2012 by MacMark
votes
I have a 2 tb hookd up to dish hopper and it works fine. My problem lies with windows 8 nd 8.1. Drive keeps disconnecting. I hope this helps
Apr 17, 2014 by Bert
votes
will it work for ps4 Aug 15, 2014
Currently external HDD's are not supported on PS4, I assume you were asking if it fits inside. If so, then if the HDD is 9.5mm and 2.5" in size it will work. From my research the best deals are actually external drives, just have to open the enclosure to remove the drive to install it in the PS4.
Aug 19, 2014 by Jeff
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   26   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers