Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 133 questions
votes
This is a bare drive, meaning cables are NOT included. You'll need a SATA data cable (narrower one -- connector is just 1/2" wide), but your power supply has a SATA power cable (7/8" wide connector) unless it's a very old model, in which case you'll need an IDE-to-SATA adapter cable. The cheapest cables are fine. SATA data cables come with straight connectors or one or two 90 degree connectors. 90 degree connectors can be a problem if more than one has to be used and the connectors on the motherboards are in tandem rather than inline. Cheap cables are fine.
Dec 26, 2013 by Nick Nameless
vote
Yes just go to www.squaretrade.com you can get a 3 year warranty for about $20 and there are usually 10%-30% coupon codes for that site circulating on the internet regularly.
May 2, 2012 by E. Schmitt
vote
Check the Seagate website. They don't call it a bare drive for nothing.
Jun 20, 2014 by Robin Quon
votes
Yes as long as it has sata ports. It will work with 3gb/s or 6 gb/s I/o.
Nov 26, 2013 by Gary Schaefer
votes
While not familiar with that particular motherboard, I can't imagine it not supporting the 2 gByte Seagate drive. SATA is pretty much the common base for most drives in current equipment. There are a few Serial SCSI drives but they require significantly different connection, even though the appearance of the cable/drive interface looks quite similar. They are NOT interchangeable. I learned the hard way when ordering several 3 gByte drives for mirrored configuration in a Lenovo TS-140 server, which is not Serial SCSI (SAS) equip[ped. Thanks to Amazon's choice of sellers and the kindess and efficiency of the seller, themselves, a replacement was made and everything works fine now. Good luck with gaming. You've started your shopping at a great place.
May 24, 2014 by bluesman
votes
yes
Oct 21, 2014 by jax
votes
I think he wants to know if you can see the disk like they show in the photo.
Feb 23, 2015 by Girlskin
votes
I think it's compatible. I am using it in DS413j which specifies SATA 2 interface. I have no issue. SATA III device is backward compatible with SATA II controller.
Feb 23, 2013 by Lonely Wolverine
votes
NCQ isn't the interface, it stands for non command queueing. You will not need to defragment this HDD. It is a SATA 3 6gb/s capable drive.
May 2, 2014 by Kyle Oathout
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   14   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers