5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoy the weird girls
What it's about: This is book one of the Weird Girls series and involves four sisters, who each has powers that are ... well, weird ... and the cause of a backfired curse. When one of the sisters accidentally blows up a vampire (vampires aren't aggressive in this series), they're going to have to figure out what's going on before things get crazier.

Why you...
Published on January 1, 2013 by Jessie Potts

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not Great
I liked this book. It has all the "right" elements for me to love it; magic, strong female lead, a couple sexy men, crazy s*** going down. But it just didn't have that unknown element that makes me go fan-girl crazy. I can't put my finger on it ... it's not like there was anything majorly wrong that I can point my finger at and say "Ah ha! THAT sucked and therefore lost a...
Published on February 4, 2013 by Laura Little Read Riding Hood

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoy the weird girls, January 1, 2013

Why you should read it: This is a funny book. Seriously, I was laughing and enjoyed reading every page. Celia is complicated and caught between two dominant men, both on opposing sides of the war/issue/complication. The best part, though, to me was the interaction between the sisters. Each has her own personality and story, which makes the sisters witty and amazing individually and together. I'm looking forward to reading more of the Weird Girls and have put the series on my auto-buy list. If you're looking for fun, adventure, a messy love triangle and an awesome family, check out Sealed With a Curse.

To see what Cecy says about her series check out the HEA Blog

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, January 19, 2013
This review is from: Sealed With a Curse: A Weird Girls Novel (Kindle Edition)
The novel starts running right out the gate. And it doesn't give you much time to breathe and catch your breath.

Robson has a way of combining nonstop action and humor that manages not to wear you out. I mean, not only does it not wear you out, but it makes you hunger for more. And in a book about a hunger that destroys families and lives, it's both ironic and enjoyable.

The plot of Sealed isn't as straightforward as I thought it was going to be. I kept feeling like we were coming to the root of the problem, but glancing at my reading percentage I saw I wasn't near the end, so Robson kept me guessing. The guessing didn't frustrate me, and that's key. I like to be curious, not plagued by an incessant enigma.

I love each Wird sister for her own reasons, and Robson does a good job of showing her characters as a family, while still maintaining their personalities. I didn't get the "roll call" effect (where you feel like there are too many character vying for attention and you only remember them due to their name and one specific detail). I remembered the characters as people, like you should. And while I thought the pairing of the sisters with dates so quickly seemed too perfect and too cute, I still liked it. I don't know if that's because of Robson's style, because I thought each hunk was just that: a hunk, or if I was just so caught up in everything else in the book that it didn't matter. But either way--it didn't matter. Her characters are fun. And you can find something you like in someone from the crazy-ethereal-not-so-much-a-love-interest Misha to Gem--werewolf, Warrior, boyfriend and all around cool to Celia herself, who it's hard not to root for, `cause she's just such a bad-ass.

And the cast is diverse. There was so much great representation that I never once questioned the inclusive quality of Robson's universe. But how could I? The sisters themselves are of mixed race. The girls felt the strain of being the weird ones in more than one way. And Robson deals with that and many other moments deftly. I really like that in an amazing situation like a pregnant werewolf going berserk, Robson somehow makes the moment so human. I was impressed with her great way of tapping into real emotions for supernatural moments. Because they reflect the moments we all have. Brava.

My favorite part? The werewolves in the book are killer. They are killers. No, Warriors. And they're just so wicked. Huge beasts with the ability to heal so quickly that they do it before your eyes. Pack before anyone. Just...awesome. Have I mentioned I loved them? Oh. I loved them.

And if it's not clear at this point: I loved the book. It's just the shot of Urban Fantasy I needed, and if you're hankering, you should grab a copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Strong Dedut, January 2, 2013
Sealed with a Curse is the first book in debut author Cecy Robson's Weird Girls series and let me tell you, it's fantastic. As soon as you start this book, you are drawn into the action. Cecy writes as though you know what is going on so there isn't any of that `so this is the world and this is what happened before the book started and this is what you should expect so pay attention so you don't miss anything' detail. I like this idea and I think you will too.

Let's talk story. The main story revolves around the vampires in the area and how they are in the midst of a widespread bloodlust epidemic. I know, this is not really new but how it was done was very interesting. And let me tell you, the vampires once they infected...gr-oss! I also like how the werewolves were the protectors of humanity. They were basically the police for the supernatural, and ladies...the werewolves...yum!

The werewolves weren't just yum, they were fantastic! There are four sisters in this book and four werewolves - oh lookie, one for each of them! I found Cecy matched everyone up really well. But she didn't make it too easy for all of the girls as there is one coupling who isn't quite a couple yet and you just keep wondering `why the hell not?' as you read. I am really looking forward to seeing what is up with that in the next book.

The werewolf who stood out the most to me was Aric. Holy hell on a cracker this man was exceptional. Sexy, smart, sexy, alpha without being too much so, sexy... *drool* He is the perfect match for Celia - their chemistry is just incredible. Speaking of Celia, I think it's time to chat about the girls, a.k.a. the weird sisters.

Emme is the youngest. She is crazy shy and the way she talks sometimes made me wonder at her age. Her shyness is what gives her a unique voice and makes it easy to tell she's speaking when it's her turn for dialogue in the book but it also makes her sound very young. She's in her early twenties and sometimes I found she almost sounded like she was a teenager. But she is a sweet character and she does have quite the backbone when the sisters let her use it. I have a feeling that Emme will grow quite a lot during this series and it will be wonderful to witness her coming into her own.

Shayla is the fun sister and she says `dude' a lot. In the prequel novella (you can read my review here), Shayla used that word a lot and it made me nervous to read her in this full length book. You see, it's not really used much where I live so when `dude' this and `dude' that comes onto the page, I sort of cringed. But it seems I worried for nothing. It does suit her in the novel and it's not used to the point where I wanted to find a surfboard and smack her with it. Shayla is a very loyal character and she was a lot of fun to read. I loved her with her werewolf Koda too. They were too cute together.

Taran is a bit on the wild side being all sexy and a little hot tempered. She made me giggle with her potty mouth and her attitude. Her power is impressive too! Her werewolf Gemini has an impressive ability too. I can't wait for you guys to read about it.

Finally we have Celia. This series is being told from her perspective and I think Cecy made a perfect choice to use her as the voice for these books. She is a wonderful read. Her beast tends to scare people away so she doesn't have any friends let alone romantic entanglements. Also, being the eldest, she has taken it upon herself to be the head of the family and that's an added responsibility she doesn't take lightly. Cecy does a fantastic job writing Celia. You can really feel her loneliness and her desire to find someone to share everything with...other than her sisters. She is loyal, very intelligent, strong... I just really liked her. A lot.

Each sister possesses powers thanks to a curse gone wrong and each girl's is different. Something that struck me as cool was that none possessed overly usual abilities. I know that we are just scratching the surface of what these girls can do. What we know so far is that they are very powerful and strong. It's going be a lot of fun to see more of what the sisters can do in future installments.

There was one little `issue' that came up that turned out being nothing but while it was talked about, I was thinking `oh no...really?! why?' But since it went away quickly enough, it wasn't enough to kill my enthusiasm for the book. I'm glad Cecy wrote that as she did or I would have been pretty bummed. But I'm still totally psyched about this series and can't wait to try A Cursed Embrace when it hits shelved in July 2013.

Overall, Sealed with a Curse was impressive. The pace was fantastic, the story exciting and the chemistry between all of the characters was just great. I loved everyone in this book - even the creepy people. Everyone was compelling and added a lot to the story and to the world Cecy created. I strongly recommend this book.

5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome! Can't wait for number 2, March 5, 2013
This review is from: Sealed With a Curse: A Weird Girls Novel (Kindle Edition)
I had My initial doubts but this book turned out to be very interesting and kept me on the edge of my seat and it kept laughing. Great combination and add in some sexual tension and you got yourself a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A hilarious, sexy & creative paranormal novel!, February 27, 2013
Sealed with a Curse is officially high on my list of favorite adult paranormal reads! I'm completely smitten with the characters, the story, and the hilarity that ensues throughout the entire novel. I absolutely love to laugh, and any book that can send me into hysterical fits of laughter is a complete winner. Cecy Robson is quite the clever writer, and her imagination knows no limits--I love it!

This book is told from the perspective of Celia Wird and I could seriously live inside her head all day and not grow tired of her. She is kickass, strong, independent, extremely amusing, and a little awkward at times. She also has some pretty amazing abilities. If I could, I would give her a high-five, because she is such a rad chick! Celia's sisters have very different personalities and powers but they are still equally as fantastic as she is, and they each bring their own quirky traits to the story. The Wird sisters share such an impenetrable bond and their interactions with one another proved to be quite comical on numerous occasions.

The plot in this novel is delightfully filled with supernaturals that range from awesome to downright creepy! The major conflict throughout the book is highly original and entertaining, as well as unpredictable. When vampires start becoming infected with something that turns them into violent, killing/feeding machines, the Wird sisters are roped into helping solve the mystery of who is responsible for this. This results in some terrifying interactions that had me anxious and riveted!

This investigation also leads to encounters with two men that are quite interested in Celia: a very hot vampire named Misha, and a roguishly handsome werewolf named Aric. Honestly, I'm a fan of both of them, and I'd be totally okay with Celia taking up with either of these guys because they are too darn charming and sexy to pass up! Misha and Aric aren't the only men to heat up the pages of this book though, because Celia's sisters get introduced to some cuties as well.

Aside from all of the man-candy I'm excited about, there are so many other aspects of this story to enjoy. The ending was quite satisfying and promises great things to come for Celia and the people in her life, since I'm sure her adventure has just begun. I really can't wait for the next book in this wonderful series to come out so I can continue on this journey with the Wird sisters!

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic, I was blown away by this story!, February 25, 2013
Proserpine (Canada/Quebec/Montreal) - See all my reviews
Fantastic debut novel, I was blown away by the plot, the mix of paranormal being, the intense character and this is one of the best new series I read this year (so far)! Cecy Robson is a new author that you need to keep your eyes on!

I was pleasantly surprised to quickly fall in love with the 4 Wird girls (Celia, Shayna, Taran and Emme), but also for Misha and Aric (respectively the hunky Vampire and Werewolf of this story).

I was delighted by the development of this story, the characters personality and the humor that is present from beginning to end. I couldn't even set the book aside more than two minutes, I couldn't let it go!

At first, I did not expect this kind of story, but I really loved it! Celia is an exceptional woman with surprising and funny powers. I was drawn to her, like love at first sight and I immediately identified myself with this fantastic character: she is beautiful, intelligent, and strong and she take care a lot of her sisters, she would do anything for them even put her love life aside!

Misha is the perfect representation of the ''bad'' vampire, he reminded me of Eric Northman from True Blood! (Ouff!), but if you prefer werewolves, you will be well serve with Aric and his ''pack'' of warrior! They also have stolen my heart with their unnerving behaviour! Even if I'm a vampire freak, I have to say that Aric is the perfect Alpha and totally my kind of man!

Overall, this book was a pure blitz from the first chapter, t'il the very end!

Page Turner: Yes!

Series: Yes (Weird Girls #1), and can't wait to read the sequel!!!

Stand Alone: Yes, but you'll want to read the sequel for sure!

Hotness: Misha and Aric, but I have a weakness for Aric!

Proserpine Recommendation: This book has everything a paranormal lover craves for! If you are a reader of Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, this book is definitely for you! Sealed with a Cursed is a must! BUY-Borrow-Steal, do whatever you must do to read this one! :P

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars TEAM CELIA!!!, January 25, 2013
As a woman who has yet to read the Twilight series, and doesn't usually indulge in tales of vampires and werewolves, let me just tell you, I am hooked! Author Cecy Robson packs her debut novel with plenty of action, romance, suspense, mystery, and then tops it all off with a healthy dose of humor, that makes this read downright entertaining (not to mention addicting). In fact, I'm eagerly anticipating the next release in this series, and can't wait to continue rooting on Celia (and Aric too), and find out what lies ahead for both of them (and the rest of the Wird sisters) in the books to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Deal is Sealed - I'm hooked on the Weird Girls !!, January 24, 2013
I'm not a reader of Vampire/Fantasy books, but my best friend mentioned this book and I was curious to check it out. Wow - Loved it & I am hooked on the Weird Girls ! Excellent story and tons of action/adventure, romance, humor and well developed characters and story lines to keep my attention and draw me in to a genre I've never read. Anxiously awaiting the next in the series. The Deal is Sealed - I'm a huge fan of this book and wish the author success in growing the series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Wait for the Next One, March 2, 2013
I am new to this genre, but Sealed With A Curse looked interesting so I picked it out. Once I started I could not put it down! I was actually laughing out loud by page 10 which is unusual for me. Cecy Robson has a wonderful and witty way with words and settings. I actually felt connected to the characters and Ms. Robson did not let me down at the end of the book. Her plot also kept me guessing to the end on who was infecting the Vampires and why. And several handsome men certainly did not hamper the storyline at all! I worried at the beginning I might not understand the different groups (Weres, Vampires, Witches) and their abilities as I am a genre "newbie", but Ms. Robson includes all that matters in the story. I can't wait for the next book in the series coming out this summer. Will Aric forsake his fullblood lineage for a future with Celia? And what of her sisters and their admirers? I can't wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Drew me in from the beginning!, January 23, 2013
This review is from: Sealed With a Curse: A Weird Girls Novel (Kindle Edition)
After reading the novella, I couldn't wait to see what was in store for the sisters. I was never a fan of this genre before, BUT, after reading this novel, I am hooked! I cannot wait for the next book in the series. Cecy Robson is truly an up and coming author. Don't miss out!!!