Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on October 19, 2009
When my husband and I started looking for crib mattresses while I was pregnant with our twins we had NO idea what to look for. Thankfully, like always I started doing searches on Amazon to read reviews and that is where I learned about not having a mattress that was too soft. After much searching & reading we picked out 3 we liked best, one cheaper than this, one considerably more expensive & this one.

The cheaper mattress was TOO soft & did not have many springs. My husband thought it seemed like a fine mattress to buy UNTIL I was easily able to take my hand and squeeze the sides of the mattress together, top touching bottom. Then I explained to him that once a baby is old enough to stand their weight would crush the mattress just like I did and that is unsafe. Plus babies are supposed to sleep on a firm surface, not soft. After my demonstration my husband understood.

Next we did the same test with this mattress. You could not easily squeeze the sides of the mattress together, even my husband tried. It had a lot more springs than the cheaper one, it was firm but also comfortable. We also liked that it is basically water proof. And the plastic does not make any noise, nor is it loose at all.

We stopped our search there and purchased 2 of these. My girls are almost 1 year and their beds show no signs of wear, no indentations, nothing wrong at all. My girls even hold onto the sides of their crib and jump and the mattress does not sink at all even when they jump at the very edge. My girls sleep all night in these so they must be comfortable.

I don't think you need to spend an arm and a leg in order to get a safe & comfortable mattress. Don't get one so cheap that it is flimsy, doesn't have many springs, that you can easily squeeze the sides together or that the plastic covering is loose. This one is perfect.

It also fits perfectly snug in my girls cribs and every sheet we've used fits perfectly.
44 comments|161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2009
Picking a mattress is a difficult decision, it is hard to know if one will be the right one,
when you look for a mattress for your self you can just lay on them and if they feel right you know, with a crib mattress your baby wont tell you if it feels right, for one they dont know and they cant tell you with words..

Most importantly when looking for a crib mattress you want something that is safe (not too soft, or too small) and will hold up until they move on to a big kid bed.

We picked/ and like this mattress for a couple reasons:

It fits our Crib (Davinci "Parker" 4-1)like a glove, no space between.. so its safe. It has a waterproof nonallergic top layers so you don't have to worry about "fluids" absorbing and it doesnt make a plastic noise when you push down on it, it was firm enough but still a little soft to comfort baby, also has a 15 year warranty.

I have yet to see a bad review for this mattress, and I personally recommend this mattress to my friends.
on March 26, 2010
The mattress feels good and also fits very well in the DaVinci Kalani Crib. No space around the mattress - very snug.
on July 31, 2009
This mattress was recommended in the book Baby Bargains,7th ed by Denise and Alan Fields. It arrived within two days of ordering by FedEx in excellent condition. The mattress itself is firm but not too firm. My 14 week old baby fell asleep easily for a daytime nap. He had been sleeping in a Mini-Convertible Co-sleeper to give you an idea of what he was used to sleeping on. It has a 20-year warranty, not 15-year as I think the description said? For the price, this mattress is a very good value.
on November 6, 2009
We put our crib together last night a realized that there must be a specific size mattress for our crib. I rushed to my computer to double check the dimensions of this mattress (which I purchased from amazon). The dimensions listed here on amazon for this mattress are wrong. I checked the tag on the mattress and it is 51 5/8 by 27 1/4 which is the exact size needed for our crib.
on November 2, 2009
I purchased this crib mattress based on the good reviews. However, when I set up my new crib (Babyletto Modo Convertible Crib) and put the mattress in it, I noticed a gap along the long side of the crib. Even with a crib pad and sheets on, there is still a gap. My crib bumper even falls in between. When I looked up "standard crib mattress size" it should be 27 1/4 inch in width. This mattress is actually only 27 inches. In addition, I can easily fit two fingers width between the mattress and the side of the crib. I would suggest everyone who is considering this mattress to stay on the safe side and get a mattress that is 51 and 5/8 inches by 27 and 1/4 inches. I wish I knew this before I purchased this mattress.

4/10/2009 update: I usually set my baby down on the same spot on the mattress. He doesn't move around much (yet). After about two months, I noticed an indent on the mattress made by my baby. I'm not sure if this is normal, but I know my own mattress doesn't do this. Not sure if this is a sign of poor quality.
88 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2010
I can't adequately explain how great this mattress is. It was among my top picks from researching specifications and reviews on walmart.com, babiesrus.com, and amazon.com. I picked it because our son grew so fast and we needed to get him in a crib asap, and this was one of 3 cribs available at our local Walmart, but the only one with side supports--very important when they start standing, I've read, so 1. the sides don't collapse and get their feet stuck, or 2. allow edge breakdown over time so the sides dip and allow your baby to roll down the incline and get trapped between crib side and mattress, which leads to suffocation. I was also very excited about the waterproof, antibacterial cover, and the measurements were ideal for my crib.
The size is perfect. The mattress fits my Storkcraft 4-in-1 crib/changer perfectly, and the cribsheets I git at Walmart (2 for $11, I forget the brand) fit snugly while providing secure, full coverage. The cover is perfect: I just wipe it down with a Lysol wipe when we have to change the sheet. No plasticky, crinkly sound when our baby moves. We'll have to get and absorbent mattress pad for when we start potty training though, because accidents will just run off the sheets and mattress--that's a good thing, no ruined mattress! It's a good weight and I can easily maneuver it in and out of the crib, and I'm 5'4".
Now, a note about firmness. Infant mattresses need to be firm. That doesn't mean hard, necessarily. You need a mattress that doesn't sink, like soft adult mattresses do, because infants' weight creates sinkholes in squishy mattresses and they roll easily into them, can't get out, and suffocate. So basically, look for a mattress that isn't SQUISHY and that you can't feel the coils through and you'll be fine. Forget this hard/soft nonsense, it's so frustrating to mattress shop and half the people say it's too hard and the other half, too soft. And just buy this mattress. It's perfection for a VERY good price. I would suggest going to the store if they are there to inspect and handle the nattresses to get the best and avoid the problems a lot of people had with shipping and handling damage.
Proof that my baby also loves this mattress: He's been sleeping 8-9 hours a night since we put him on it at 6 weeks old. Can't argue with that!
This article was very helpful in my research and shopping: [...]
on January 22, 2010
My husband and I were looking around for mattresses but we were not sure what to look for. We read alot of reviews on amazon and noticed alot of people talking about how having a firm mattress is what you want. So we looked at a few different ones and decided on this one.

We purchased the creations "Kendall" 4 in 1 crib. Some of the reviews on here were talking about how there was a gap between the mattress and the sides of the crib. I just received our mattress today and put it in the crib and it fits PERFECTLY!! There are no gaps at all. I ordered the mattress about 3 days ago and it already came. I ordered it using the super saver shipping which says 7-9 days for delivery but i always use super saver shipping through amazon and always get my orders within a few days. The box was in good shape when it arrived and the mattress was in excellant condition.

The mattress is waterproof but doesnt make a plasticy noise when you touch it or press on it. It is firm but yet is still soft enough to comfort baby. Some people said a 15 yr warranty and i read someone say 30 yr warranty but the sticker on the mattress says 20 yr warranty so just wanted to clear that up. I would reccommend this mattress for sure. Thanks Amazon!
on April 5, 2010
I have the 220 coil Sealy posturpedic for my first child and thought I'd go with this one to save a little money given that a newborn isn't as heavy as a toddler. It's much lighter then the posturpedic however for the price is firm and perfect size for a crib/toddler bed.
on August 16, 2011
I spent quite a bit of time shopping around for our first baby mattress, and this is the best one I could find. It hasn't disappointed, and after 1.5 years of very hard use, is still holding up well. I recently purchased the so-called replacement for the original Sealy Baby Rest, one made by Kolcraft for Sealy: Sealy Baby Firm Rest Crib Mattress. This mattress is a complete piece of junk; not nearly the same quality as the original Sealy reviewed here. I hate it when companies pull the old bait and switch trick; hence am writing this review (and the one of the junk mattress) to give a heads up to other buyers.

See 1 answered question