Top positive review
One person found this helpful
on January 2, 2014
At first, I didn't get into Sean Kingston in summer 2007 because I thought he wasn't really going anywhere. If I can tell an artist won't be here in 2 or 3 years, I won't get into them.
But Sean Kingston was iller than expected. He took some tropical music and made a niche for himself. There aren't really too many people like him in the game, and this is about as close as I get to reggaeton right now.
His music is vibrant, hooky, and filled with exuberant lyrics. I don't want to say listen to this while you're on vacation, but it will most likely set the mood.
1) Intro- no rating
2) Kingston- This is kind of an intro track. It sounds like you're in danger. I've never listened to the full cd before, and I don't like the pace of this song. 2 out of 5
3) Take You There- The third single. I like the pace of this song much better. I always say artists are at their best when they're singing, but it's the whole truth. When they make hooky music, the cd is 5 star. You can definitely kick back to this song. One of the best on the whole cd. 5 out of 5
4) Me Love- The second single. Here's a summery single for you. You can sip rum and feel the sand between your toes here. If Sean keeps this up, it's a 5 star cd. It is virtually flawless. Nice and hooky. 5 out of 5
5) Beautiful Girls- The first single. I remember this song from summer 2007. I couldn't escape this hook, or Me Love. All three of these songs are hits, and I recommend basking in the sunshine when listening to them. They can make you lose depression if you're having it. Give these three songs a try if you are new to Sean Kingston. 5 out of 5
6) Dry Your Eyes- Here is a smooth album cut. Those are when the song's not a single, but is as good or better. It's not a summer hit, but it's still pretty catchy, and Sean doesn't lose his step. He is trying to give you different moods. 5 out of 5
7) Got No Shorty- I think this is kind of a jive track. The beat is kind of simple. Try this song out if you are in a zealous mood. When everything is going good for you, this will be a smash. I think this could have been a B side single. 5 out of 5
8) There's Nothin'- The fourth single. Sometimes this happens. An artist will have bomb stead singles, but when it comes to other songs on the cd, they kind of, well, tank. So far this looks like that. If Sean would have kept the pace of songs 3, 4 and 5, it would be 5 star. This song is a hit, and it's pretty catchy. It's a first or second listen. Summer hit. 5 out of 5
9) I Can Feel It- This song has been way past overdone. Sean knows what he's doing however. It's a night time song, which provides different vibes. Like the original song, it's a song that sounds like being on the move. 5 out of 5
10) Drummer Boy- Here's a gritty track. It's basically mean mug music. I think Sean needs to drop this completely and do summer music like he's supposed to. 50 Cent can pull this off but I think this is off kilter. 2 out of 5
11) Your Sister- Here's a better song. I was kinda wondering if Sean could make good album cuts. It's pretty hooky. Forbidden fruit is the topic, and surely you've had someone that was just that to you. If more songs are like this, it could be a 5 star. 5 out of 5
12) That Ain't Right- Well here is a more serious track. At least it sounds that way. I don't really like the vibe of this song. It sounds like an "I want money, I don't have time for you" song. If you don't have to relate to a song to like it, you'll enjoy it. 5 out of 5
13) Change- I think it's the most left field song on the cd. Bone Thugs has covered this before. Sean Kingston sounds like Akon also. I'm not feeling this. 2 out of 5
This album is hard to put a finger on. I really wanted an album full of tracks like #3, 4 and 5. But Sean had to show the different moods. He is at his best when he does summery tropical songs.
Most of the time they are pretty hooky as well. The summery songs are Take You There, Me Love, Beautiful Girls, Your Sister, There's Nothin' and Got No Shorty.
Got No Shorty is a very different kind of song. You will probably hate the first time you listen to it, but if you like to party and are feeling wasted and this song comes on, I think you'll dig it. Most of the cd is party music.
Pros:Tracks 3-5. Your Sister.There's Nothin. That Ain't Right and Dry Your Eyes are moody.
Cons:The mean mug music doesn't work that well and bogs down the cd.
Great Music to Play While: Hanging With Friends