|Screen Size||10.1 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1024 x 600|
|Max Screen Resolution||1024x600 pixels|
|Processor||1.66 hertz Intel Atom N450|
|RAM||1 GB SO-DIMM|
|Hard Drive||250 GB|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||3|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||11 hours|
ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1005PE-MU27-WT 10.1-Inch Netbook with Kindle for PC (White)
- Intel Atom N450 (1.66GHz, 512 KB L2 Cache); Kindle for PC pre-installed
- 1 GB DDR2 RAM, 1 SODIMM Slot, 2 GB Max; Intel UMA graphics
- 250 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM) + 500 GB Free Web Storage; 0.3MP Webcam
- 10.1-Inch Color-Shine 1024X600 WSVGA LCD Display; 802.11 b/g/n; Chiclet Keyboard
- 6 cell battery for up to 11 Hours of Battery Life; Windows 7 Starter Operating System
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
- Nice feel of the keyboard. Firm and the spacing between the keys did not affect my typing in any way.
- Attractive cover (I bought the blue colored unit) and look to the machine.
- Fairly painless installation. The first boot took about 10 min or so, and updating the latest files for Windows 7 starter took about 30 min, not too bad.
- Based on the 1GB ram usage, surfing the web was a breeze. Watching videos on youtube or playing flash-based games all was fine. But at times I did notice some hiccups when many programs were running so I opted to upgrade to 2GB (see below edit for info).
- Battery life was very very decent. On a full charge on the high performance mode I managed about 7-8 hours.
- Quick charge time for battery.
- Very nice touchpad. Very responsive.
- Great price point for people looking to do very basic stuff on the computer.
- Screen resolution was ok. Not really up to part with the higher end counterparts.
- Camera is standard 0.3Mb quality
- Unit is not as 'sleek' compared to my old S-101, which was definitely lighter, more slender, and didn't feel as 'bulky' of sorts vs the 1005PE
- Click button below touch pad a bit clunky.
- Windows 7 starter blows. It's fine if you're just going to use this netbook to do basic stuff like surf the web, send emails, or play games on facebook. But not recommended if you're looking to do more extensive things with the netbook.
- Did I tell you Windows 7 blows? Serious lack of customization.Read more ›
This was purchased to do the "light" daily stuff like web surfing and simple word processing in place of a 14" HP laptop. The size and weight difference is great. I can hold my sleeping newborn in one hand and carry this thing around in the other with ease.
The 92% keyboard is easier to adjust to than I anticipated. The touchpad (my first experience with an Asus) is very responsive. Wish it had a scroll bar like my HP but the Asus method of swiping 2 fingers to scroll gets the job done well enough. On the same note the way Asus allows you to zoom in and out on web pages and pdfs by using the touchpad (iphone-style) is handy.
To date I have not had any real performance issues with 1GB of ram but I plan on updating to 2GB just to help free up some memory that is sucked up by background apps like AVG etc.
Battery life is tremendous.
Built-in webcam and mic works fine with Skype.
There is no active cooling (no fan) which keeps it quiet.
Windows 7 Starter is a little bleh. Though you can change the wallpaper with a free download from Asus, the customization options with Starter are limited.
The only thing I am not crazy about is the display--it is not bad, just not great. The picture is not particularly vivid. I know some higher-end netbooks are offering better resolutions now, but I don't think it warrants the extra cost.Read more ›
Highly satisfied for my usage!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We've been having this netbook for 3 years now and it's as good as for the first days. It works fast, has good screen colors, it's easy to carry when we travel, has good sound and... Read morePublished on January 6, 2014 by Zviad K
Now, some years later, this little guy still works perfectly and is used almost daily. Totally mobile and easily finding WiFi signals this is a very good buy.Published on August 7, 2013 by RTexasF
great little computer for every day use. I use this little guy as my primary now (my bigger laptop died after only two years of use). Read morePublished on January 12, 2013 by Katie
I bought this item and had trouble with the wifi card. Be aware! The wifi card is defective and dies sooner than anything else in the computer. Read morePublished on May 28, 2012 by Reviewer
This fit my needs exactly, I cant score under 5 stars because of ram as to fact I did knowingly buy it with windows 7 installed on it. Only downside of the netbook. Read morePublished on April 28, 2012 by Renasci
First this is the slowest computer ever. Straight out the box it was slow. Didnt even put a program in it and it took forever to load, for the internet pages to go online. Read morePublished on November 30, 2011 by michael garcia
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.