5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous uplifting story!
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars A little too familial for me.
I keep trying to like Ms. March's books more but they seem so over the top sweet that I can't relate to the characters. I don't know if it's my environment or what, but the people I relate to aren't always so stinking perfect.
Published 19 months ago by Mithy1

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous uplifting story!, September 4, 2012
This review is from: Season of Sisters (Kindle Edition)
I love Geralyn Dawson's historicals, so i gave this book a try. SEASON OF SISTERS made me roar with laughter and made me sob out loud, and it was all good. Yes, it's a book about breast cancer, but this book made me feel hopeful and showed exactly how much effort and caring is going into helping women who are stricken and their families, plus it shows what women are really like when there's trouble and they band together. It made me feel good about myself and my friends. READ THIS ONE!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Season of Sisters, September 12, 2012
This review is from: Season of Sisters (Kindle Edition)
I found the book enjoyable and interesting to read. Lite and easy to read. I would recomend this book and this author to everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love, Friendship, and Marriage, September 7, 2012
Sandra Nachlinger (Pacific Northwest United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Season of Sisters (Kindle Edition)
I love this book! Season of Sisters tells the story of a friendship between three women (Holly, Maggie, and Grace) after their unlikely meeting in the ladies room at a Fort Worth, Texas, hotel. Drawn into each other's dramas, the women offer support that only one woman can give another.

Holly's mother died at age 32 when Holly was just entering adolescence. A "Life List" started on the day of her mother's funeral includes 32 goals she hopes to accomplish in her life, and that list starts off the book. (Most of the goals aren't serious -- one is "catch a fish that weighs more than five pounds" and another is "ride every roller coaster in Texas.")
Maggie and her husband of 25 years have drifted apart, and they're now separated. She struggles to come to terms with how that happened. And senior citizen Grace's breast cancer has recurred, this time worse than before. Her husband's constant worrying over her makes it hard for her to maintain the positive attitude she needs to enjoy her remaining days. Though not at all alike on the surface, underneath all three women want the same thing -- the love of their men. But how do they achieve that goal?

In addition to the delightful and heart-warming plot, the book's setting in North Texas contributed to my enjoyment. The characters visited places that were familiar to me from growing up in the area, including Pottsboro, TX, and Lake Texoma where my parents had a lake cabin. Through Dawson's lovely descriptions, I visited those places again in my imagination and felt right at home. The Southern expressions used by the women added reality to the dialogue. Yes, people really do say "y'all" and substitute "spit" for a cussword that's just one letter different! Dawson's sense of humor is threaded throughout.

Dawson also weaves interesting information about testing for BCRA gene mutations into the book's plot, and I learned some things I didn't know, which is always a joy to me.

I recommend this tale of friendship, marriage, and love for anyone who enjoys a feel-good story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, January 29, 2013
This review is from: Season of Sisters (Kindle Edition)
One of those books that you will read again and again. Be prepared for tears at the end but worth it

4.0 out of 5 stars Good friends are a source of strength when living with cancer, December 4, 2012
Enjoyed reading this book by Emily March. It was an easy book to
Pick up and hold your interest. It provided an insight for anyone facing cancer. Live each day to the fullest.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Woman's Book, November 21, 2012
This review is from: Season of Sisters (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book of 3 women, each with their own predicament and how each coped and
how they all in one way or another helped each other. I loved all the characters in this story.
A very good read for all ages.

4.0 out of 5 stars I really think this is great, October 31, 2012
This review is from: Season of Sisters (Kindle Edition)
I love books by Emily March/ Geralyn Dawson, and this story is very touching (as usual). Three women's lives are changed, we learn about a great charity, and are made to think about how our lives can influence others, as they overlap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Season of Sisters, October 27, 2012
This review is from: Season of Sisters (Kindle Edition)
Was an easy read but a very well writen book. Like the characters very much was also very beliveable.I would recomend this book to anyone,

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Touching, October 21, 2012
This review is from: Season of Sisters (Kindle Edition)
A wonderfully touching book . Love that there is no age limit to friendship. These women get in some great fixes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Season of Sisters, October 11, 2012
This review is from: Season of Sisters (Kindle Edition)
This is my first Emily March novel & I thouroughly enjoyed every minute. It made me laugh, brought me to tears and I loved the way the three women of such different age groups were abe to relate to each other, enjoyed the way Grace was able to deal with her cancer so possitivly as I am not sure I would be able to be quite so equable. I recomend this book to anyone who likes a really good womens story!

Season of Sisters