Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Black Stone Cherry Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Price:$7.99+ $4.92 shipping

on December 1, 2010
I have five grandkids, every year i would buy a few of those flimsy carving kits from the supermarket. Every year the knives would be bent and unusable. I bught one of these kits because it looked more durable. I love this kit, it has 2 knives. Both knives are made of a thick metal. I liked the knives so much I bought a second kit.
on October 26, 2011
This is easily one of the best pumpkin carving kits for the amount of money you spend. For years I have purchased the cheap carving sets from local stores that are generally good for about half of a pumpkin. This year I decided to do some research to find a better kit and this is it. We carved two pumpkins this very evening, and we will be carving many more for the next few years with this kit. The tools in the kit make quick work of even the toughest carving patterns and are very easy to clean once you're done. I highly recommend this kit to anyone tired of their tools breaking half-way into carving their pumpkin.
review image
on October 23, 2012
Wanted a kit that had the essentials and wouldn't break, as past cheap kits have. The price for this is excellent and all of the tools worked extremely well. I had a pumpkin carving gathering with 4 people and with two kits we were able to manage and cut a few good pumpkins. All the piece held up well and went back in the toolbox they came in and will be just as good next year, I'm sure.
on September 27, 2012
This is a cute little plastic pumpkin carving set - comes in a little toolbox which was very amusing for the kids. Using the stencils we carved out a pretty good pumpkin face. I was impressed! I'd recommend it for the price.
on October 30, 2013
I was looking for a pumpkin carving kit for myself as I was having difficulty with a basic kitchen knife. I wanted something that was inexpensive (I carve one pumpkin a year, I don't need anything too heavy duty) but durable as well (the reviews for the "Pumpkin Masters" kits that you see at the store all say that they are cheap and break pretty easily). I decided to give this a try. The result? Three years later, they're still working fine with no signs of wear.

The two knives -- one small and one bigger -- are both fine for carving. The only issue I can imagine is that the knives wouldn't be thin enough to carve the really intricate patterns, but this *is* made for younger people and these will work fine for most designs. I was able to use the tip of the small knife to "trace" over a design and then connect it to carve it out. I admittedly did not use the candle holder or pumpkin scoop. I imagine the latter's not as heavy duty as using a regular one but it'd probably get the job done.

The plastic toolbox they're housed in is a plus so they can be stored for the rest of the year without getting lost.

Overall, this is a good set for kids but it also works if you're a casual pumpkin carver who's not looking for anything too fancy.
on October 31, 2013
After using a dremel last year, I decided to go a little lower tech this year and went with this kit. I was very pleasantly surprised. The knives worked extremely well and weren't sharp to the point of me being paranoid (I have a 2 and 4 year old). I used the little scraping tools to work out small holes in the pumpkin and take off any sharpie tracing. I will be adding some pushpins to my kit for next year instead of a pen though, as I found it was much easier to prick little holes into the stencil lines than try to trace around them. As an aside, this really isn't a toy - silly Amazon :0P. All in all, great kit for a great price (I paid a little over $5).
on January 10, 2013
Comes with everything you need to win the pumpkin carving contest in your neighborhood. Stencils are provided, the knives, the pens, all that stuff. Keep it simple and get it all in one place.
on December 5, 2012
Finally have found a set of pumpkin carving tools worth purchasing. FAR superior to the cheap grocery store carving tools. Seriously consider these as a smart purchase.
on November 20, 2013
The tools are very solid and easy to use. The case is very flimsy, however - I will be keeping the tools for future Halloweens, but in a better container.
on December 9, 2012
Not the best.....not the worst. Pretty good carving knife. Needed a little more! The scoop not sharp enough or handle long enough!