Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ecco Men's Seattle Apron Toe Oxford,Black,42 EU (US Men's 8-8.5 M)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 8-8.5 D(M) US|Color: Black|Change

on February 8, 2012
I have owned this exact pair of shoes since 2010 (2 years now). I was getting tired of dress shoes, even expensive ones, that were wearing out after only 5 to 8 months. A lot of reviewers comment about how comfortable Eccos are to wear. They're right: these are definitely one of the most comfortable dress shoes I've worn.

More significant: these are my every day shoes at the office, and after 500+ days of wear 1) they are still comfortable 2) all the seams and stitching are still in good condition, 3) the heel is wearing very slowly, 4) even the shoe laces are in good condition. The construction and quality is worth the extra cost of these shoes. I suspect I'll get at least another full year of good wear, and probably longer. At that point, I'll head back to Amazon and purchase another pair of Eccos.
33 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2012
I find Ecco shoes to be both comfortable and an excellent value for my money. My black Seattle Oxfords are no exception.

I bought a pair about a year ago and have enjoyed them since - in fact I think these are my favorite dress/work shoes. I share the following thoughts:

- Part of the reason I love the Ecco brand is that they have been wonderfully consistent in the shoe sizing. I reliably order a EUR size 46 for my (typically) size 12.5 US feet.

- I find the Seattle Oxfords, like my other Ecco shoes, to be comfortable to walk in all day and have moderate arch support.

- Want a testimony to my faith in Ecco? I own 8 pairs covering all my work/dress, the Terrano's Sport Oxfords, and a pair of trail shoes. With the exception of running shoes and combat boots, I stopped buying any other make about 10 years ago.

I think you will find them an excellent purchase.

Enjoy.
on November 22, 2013
Buying shoes is risky without trying. Thanks to Amazon good return policy, I was willing to take the risk and buy shoes online. It worked out well. The quality of the shoe is high. I've had Ecco shoes before where the sole fell apart but this shoe is ok. Ecco must have reformulated the sole for better durability.

update from 1/17/2015 and downgrade to 3 stars. The upper still looks great but the sole started to show cracks and small chunks starting to fall out. I wear the shoes a lot but the sole problem is troubling. I've had these for less than 2 years.
on June 21, 2013
These are great shoes, they are unbelievably comfortable. This is my first pair of Ecco's after a few recommendations. They are a little pricier than I normally pay but are worth it for the comfort. They are very light and well cushioned. Note: they run big...if you are a half size in U.S. sizing definitely do not go larger. I am an 8.5 in normal shoes, 9 in Nike's and adidas', but I chose the size 42 (8-8.5 US) and if anything they are still on the large side....Don't size up! Size down.
on April 10, 2014
Some shoes are of high quality. Some are of great comfort. Rarely do you find shoes that have both qualities. Ecco shoes have proven itself to have both. I have never bought the same shoe twice, but this is my third pair of Ecco dress shoes. The first two pairs each lasted three years. I am a person who owns a single pair of dress shoes and wears them everyday to work. That's what I call quality! As for comfort, nothing else comes close. Out of the box these shoes are absolutely comfortable. No break-in required and no blisters.
on January 11, 2014
The Cognacs are older than the Black ones I just purchased, and fit wise they are pretty much the same. I notice that my heel gets a little raw on these compared to the cognac ones, but they also haven't been worn as much. One thing to note is that my older ones were made in Slovakia, and these are now made in China.

One thing I wish is that the soles were not unfinished, but rather gloss black, which would make them dressier.
on September 28, 2014
I have had Ecco shoes forever and swore I'd never wear anything else. Then I got this pair. They look great, but the top on them, the part that goes over your toes, kinks down and hurts my toes with every step I take. It feels the same as if the top were a piece of metal that is folding in half and then unfolding with each step. After wearing them 6 months, waiting for them to become "broken in", I finally figured out it is not going to happen so will the throwing them away. I hope somebody from Ecco sees this and decides to go back into the business of making great shoes like they used to.
on June 14, 2015
Awesome shoes. I work on my feet in big box retail in cement floors for 13 hours a day and I weigh about 450 lbs. More comfortable and supportive than tennis shoes. Have been buying Eccos for damn near 12 years now. Trust the fat man who says these shoes are the best. Hands down.
on August 4, 2014
The rust is just a bid red-brown of cordovan. I like the color, but it is fading at the pivot points at the balls of my feet.

Theses aren't as nice as the first pair of ECCOs I owned (That was in 2006, so I don't remember the name of the style). The sole just isn't as cushioning or finely molded, and they are a bit tight in width. Still, they are nicer than most shoes, and the price is reasonable.

They are breaking in nicely, after almost a year of moderate wear in rotation with two other colors. I have worn them down dirt paths, up grassy hills, down streets, and through snow. I have run short distances in them, and they were acceptably comfortable (i.e. my back and legs were fine, but the ball of my foot was a bit sore).

I like the leather inside. It is much nicer than the textile in wear, comfort, looks, wet (like in the rain), etc. It was one of the features that convinced me to buy this shoe.

I don't regret the purchase at all, but I was a little disappointed when compared to my first pair. All three pair shoes (one of each color)are consistent in size, feel, and leather quality. That speaks well for their process/brand control.
on January 10, 2016
So I have been a huge fan of Ecco shoes and like many have worn the brand for years. I was very surprised to try these on only to find that they were significantly too narrow. That is something I have never experienced with any med width ecco shoes.