4.0 out of 5 stars Blue Kiss's Review
Material used: The leather used in this shoe is pretty stiff which i hope to break into after repeated use. The leather is shiny and very easy to polish to obtain a mirror-like brilliant shine.

Pro: The leather is study and retains it shape easily. It is internally unlined and breathes easier.

Con: The leather is very stiff and is uncomfortable to...
Published on July 26, 2011 by C. Chang-u

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine once repaired
The first wearing, at the airport on my way to an interview, the heel came off. Since having the heel reattached (and the other secured, just to be sure) the shoes have been fine.

Quality control in the Dominican Republic could use some improvement.
Published on January 9, 2007 by M. McDaniel

4.0 out of 5 stars Blue Kiss's Review, July 26, 2011

Con: The leather is very stiff and is uncomfortable to wear when not broken into. It takes a while for the leather to flex and mould to the shape of your feat. The internally unlined nature means wearing socks is a must (at least at first) to prevent blisters from friction with rough internal surface and feet.

Workmanship: 9/10. One mark from away from perfection as there seems to be some small drips/strands of glue stains on some parts of the leather surface which cannot be removed. Careless factory worker.

Fitting: true to size

Price: $56.07 on July 3, 2011. Absolute value for money!

Remarks: Wear socks for initial use. A very classic look that makes you look more stylish than your peers. Looks good with pants or jeans. Does not look good with shorts as it too dressy and preppy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine once repaired, January 9, 2007
M. McDaniel (Long Beach, CA USA) - See all my reviews

Quality control in the Dominican Republic could use some improvement.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sabago Men's Shoes- Not Sized Correctly In Width, February 27, 2011
I've had these Sabago Classic Loafer style shoes now for about a month. The leather material in the shoes seemed very stiff right out of the box. I would be in total agreement with other reviewers that these shoes are sized too small in width. My normal shoe width size is a D (medium) and that is what was ordered. Even using a shoehorn, I had a very difficult time in first getting the shoes on my feet. However after a few days, the shoes gradually started to stretch in width.

If I had it all to do over, I would have purchased these shoes in the next larger size width (from D to E).

Other than the sizing issue, my opinion is that these shoes are a good value for the money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Small and narrow and tight!, August 28, 2011
Still trying to stretch them enough with shoe trees to get them on. I did read here that they ran small, so I got an 11 instead of my normal 9-1/2 wide or 10.

They seem like nice shoes, to look at and all.

<edit> After a few months.

I did get the local cobbler to stretch them, and I wear them daily - but they were a struggle to get on for a while. I can't take 'em off on a plane flight longer than an hour or so if I want to get them back on. Wore through the soles in just three weeks of walking (in fairness, it was cobblestones in Europe). Got new compo half-soles, and they wear like iron.

They are broken in and comfy now, but it took a while!

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quality Sebago Loafers, April 13, 2008
Recently bought a pair of Sebago Loafers via Amazon.com. Over USD 100 and quality?? A DISASTER!! After one day of wearing the 'antique brown' color already faded on several parts and became pink-red - especially on the parts that bend somewhat during walking. Since then I didn't wear these awfull products anymore. IS THIS US QUALITY??? A SHAME, I MUST INFORM YOU!! Be aware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sebago - men's classic loafer, August 4, 2008
It's a perfect shoe for both business and pleasure. The first time you put them on it feels like torture, but when your feet have formed the loafer it is a very comfortable classic footware.

I am very satisfied with my loafers

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small, May 25, 2011
This review is from: Sebago Men's Classic Leather Loafer (Apparel)
The shoe looks awesome. But there's one slight problem, it's far too small. I typically get a 9 E but that size was far too small for this shoe. I wanted to try a 9 EE, but by that time the sale was over. So my advice is to order one E larger, or half a size larger than u would normally get.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not your classic Sebago loafer, February 19, 2013
Karl W Kleimenhagen (Peoria, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased in succession several pairs of the Sebago loafer back in the 1980s and 1990s. The shoes were then made in the US, as I recall. Each pair fit properly and took only a few days to break in. The leather was sturdy and good for several re-sole jobs. The finish was gorgeous with some of the leather's grain showing through, giving much depth to the finish.

Today, the shoes are made overseas. The opening to insert your foot is now shorter and the shoe will no longer accommodate my high arch. The finish looks more like paint than polish. I can't comment on the quality of the leather or the soles, for I couldn't get my foot inside to wear them. A few years ago I wore a similar Sebago model (the Sherman) which had a rubber instead of a leather sole; the leather uppers on these failed after about 1 year.

Classic?, I don't think so.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sebago Men's Classic Loafer, December 5, 2010
José A Tamburini D (Miami, Fl United States) - See all my reviews
Good delivery, and outstanding shoe. M runs a bit narrow, so take a close look at the letters to know which one will fit best for your feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Design, May 25, 2011
Right size, perfect color and beautifully finished. I'm totally pleased with my shoes. I used to buy Dexter or Florsheim since...er...1979, but when I found the Sebagos I didn't hesitate in ordering them (yes, two pairs). Delivery was accurate, as always. Reading previous reviews was crucial to buy them in the right size....a little wider. Thanks folks and continue writing!!

Sebago Men's Classic Leather Loafer