5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the boat shoes.
My first pair of boat shoes were Sebago Docksides in Sand Shag sometime way back in the 80s. I wore them for many years until they were worn out. Unfortunately I could not find replacements in the local stores, so I have had many other brands and styles of boat shoes in between, including Levi's and Sperry. None of the others lived up to my original Docksides...
Published on December 24, 2010 by Chris

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing does not match shoes I have bought previously
Published 21 months ago by jarichardsonr

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the boat shoes., December 24, 2010

Now with online shopping I can get Docksides again in Sand Suede. (Pretty much the same as the old Sand Shag.) No extra seams that serve no purpose, no silly two tone colors, no cheap gummy eraser looking soles, no man made materials in the uppers to make your feet sweat, just fine quality throughout. If you've tried some other brands of boat shoes and weren't happy with them, I highly recommend you try the Docksides.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing does not match shoes I have bought previously, February 25, 2013
I originally ordered these shoes in size 9-W, but they did not fit properly so I re-ordered them in 9-1/2 W and they fit perfectly. Good looking shoes, but there is no comfort system in them whatsoever (or at least that I can tell). I have owned Sebago's, Sperry's, Rockport's, and Timberland deck shoes in the past of various styles, so I know what a good deck shoe looks and feels like. The best pair I have ever bought (in fact I have them on now) are a pair of RL Chaps that I purchased at Kohl's. I have had them for about 3 years now and other than cleaning the inside and the outside of them I have had no problems. I will only wear the Sebago's to casual events and not where there is any work to be done.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Casual Shoe, November 19, 2008
Radio Guy "DTGM" (Bowling Green, KY) - See all my reviews
I think I'm only on my third pair of these wonderful shoes in 30 years. They wear like iron and it's the shoe I will wear most of the time. I own several pairs of dress shoes for the office, but when I'm off-the-clock, my Docksiders are what I wear.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tough leather, but water proof, March 25, 2013
I'm a habitual wearer of boat shoes during the warmer months. I've been a fan of Timberland's offerings for years, because they last and the leather is super soft. Friends swear by Sebagos, though, so I thought I'd give them a try.

The shoes fit true-to-size, and the color is spot on. If you're getting a pair because you need a certain color, you won't be disappointed.

HOWEVER, unlike Timberland's supple leather, the leather here has an almost plastic feel to it. This is especially apparent on the tongue, which is just a one-ply piece of leather; whereas on other shoes, it's actually 'doubled over' (meaning the side facing your foot gets to touch the softer leather.

Having said that, the price on these was right, and they don't feel uncomfortable. I'll update when I find out how the leather 'wears' as the season goes on. If the leather scratches easily and doesn't survive well I'd say it's worth it upgrading to a more expensive shoe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Runs large., March 2, 2014
Compared to my street shoes they run a bit large, I'd recommend sizing down a full size. Still a great buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars TBD..., April 19, 2013
I'm being patient but these shoes are causing the worst blisters of my life. They look great but they are killing me. Had to take a break from them today simply because my feet need a day to heal.

Hoping these things start to soften up because as i said, they look great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sebagos, August 21, 2010
At first the shoes take a couple of times to break in but they get comfortable. They look good and i get compliments on how nice and clean they look.

3.0 out of 5 stars Color does not match the picture, April 5, 2013
It is comfortable but the color does not match the picture. It is much lighter than shown above. Not a bad product though.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best out there, August 1, 2013
I love these, they look very nice and feel good after a couple of time you wear them... The only issue that i think can be done to make these the best out there is to make the inside a bit softer so that when you wear them the first time they do not hit your feet.
But this went away after a couple of time i wore them!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy these if you hate your feet, March 2, 2013
I've had these shoes for nearly 3 months. I wore them for the first time without socks last night and the walk home was miserable. Today my feet are pretty torn up and still uncomfortable.