|Fits as expected||
Sebago Men's Helmsman Boat Shoe
|Price:||$41.97 - $97.65|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Rubber sole
- Heel measures approximately 1.5"
- Platform measures approximately 0.5"
- Generous drainage and ventilation plus a supportive and grippy sole lend a functional boost to this classic boat shoe.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
SEBAGO HELMSMAN SHOE
Sebago represents authentic products and timeless design. Their original, hand-sewn Docksides boat shoe and Classic Beefroll penny loafer haven’t changed since they first crafted them decades ago. Sebago is a celebration of everything New England…where life in, on or around the waters is a geographical unavoidability. Their shoes are about performance--not just the technical kind, but the way a shoe behaves in its right environment, whether on boats or city streets. Each classic Sebago design is carefully designed to perform at its best.
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: China
- ASIN: B007H5S5KI
- Item model number: Helmsman-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 4, 2005
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
I ordered a size 12, and I normally wear size 12, and these sure run pretty true to size, although I might advise a half-size larger than you usually get (of course, mine are not yet broken in).
They grip your ankles quite well, and the leather has a nice shine to it and, overall, a very solid feel.
From how they feel now, I doubt they'll come apart any time soon. These are definitely the right mix of casual and luxury that I've been looking for. Hopefully they will break in quicker, as they do feel a little more snug than I'm used to, sort of how my Cascades started out. Those shoes broke in well, these probably will to though.
I ordered the regular "Brown" which appears in the pictures as a reddish color. The shoes came a little darker than I had expected; a sort of dark burgundy color which I do like very much,
I don't always give 5 star reviews, but when I do, I love the shoes!
I saw these shoes in a department store and they seemed like comfortable, well built shoes. They didn't have my size so I looked online and saw that Amazon was selling them for $30 cheaper. Well now I know why they are so cheap, because they are nothing like what I saw in the department store.
The first pair of these I ordered were defective.
- The toe area of the sole was tearing away from the shoe.
- Parts of the midsole were tearing away from the shoes.
- Excessive glue on/around the midsole as well as the front toe area of the sole.
So I exchanged the first pair for a second pair.
- Same issues as with the first pair.
- Some glue had dried on the inside of the heel causing the soft fabric to become rough.
- Leather didn't seem like it was cut properly on some areas of the shoe.
The only positive is that the shoes fit as expected.
If you're interested in these shoes, then I recommend going to a department store and purchasing there. I've have been turned off from Sebago after this experience and won't be purchasing these shoes at all.
Since it's both left and right shoes it's hard for me to believe this is a fluke -- it's more of a general quality failure.
I will say that when I first put them on they fit perfect, seemed comfortable, and had great promise. I didn't put the shoes to any hard use - they just fell apart. Was hoping for more than just two months use.
You may get luckier than I did. If you do buy a pair and they work for you perhaps you could reply and let me know. Thanks.
This is my first Sebago purchase. I am not a boater, I just got these for daily walkers, as an exchange for some hybrid hikers I've had for 3 years (Helly Hansen's; great shoe). Just needed a change.
These shoes are very well made. Since they are brand new OOTB today, I can't report on well they wear or hold up over time, so that's why only 4 stars. If they hold up well for the summer I'll come back and update my review.
Sizing is exactly right. No need to guess up or down, just get your usual size.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What deal for great quality deck shoes that fit like gloves. Superior over my Sperry Billfish.
Great deal and service too!
I have difficulty finding boat shoes that fit my feet properly and feel comfortable. The Sebago Helmsman boat shoe is excellent.Published 19 days ago by John B. Rice
very comfortable, checked site over a month or 2 for best price and significant savings on same productPublished 28 days ago by average joe
Item reviewed as described ....Comfort fit ..second pair I own....Good value for the $$$$