5.0 out of 5 stars Great product from the first time on my feet.
I'm wearing my new Sebagos now to break them in, and I have to say that out of all 4 of my boat shoe style footwear, they're one of the best for wearing all-around. The helmsmen shoes have a very solid construction, appearing to me to be even more solid than the Clovehitch shoe. I have a pair of tan Sperry Friscos, and these definitely look better than they do...
Published 20 months ago by Jay Bee

2.0 out of 5 stars Sebago Helmsman Shoe - No Siping
Disappointed that this shoe has no sole siping. The tiny bumps that are intended for "no slip" are not functional. These shoes are dangerous if someone wears them on a wet deck or floor. For everyday wear they are OK, but beware they should not be purchased if you're a boater and need a non-slip boat shoe.
Published 14 months ago by jaydee

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product from the first time on my feet., January 2, 2013
This review is from: Sebago Men's Helmsman Boat Shoe (Apparel)

I ordered a size 12, and I normally wear size 12, and these sure run pretty true to size, although I might advise a half-size larger than you usually get (of course, mine are not yet broken in).

They grip your ankles quite well, and the leather has a nice shine to it and, overall, a very solid feel.

From how they feel now, I doubt they'll come apart any time soon. These are definitely the right mix of casual and luxury that I've been looking for. Hopefully they will break in quicker, as they do feel a little more snug than I'm used to, sort of how my Cascades started out. Those shoes broke in well, these probably will to though.

I ordered the regular "Brown" which appears in the pictures as a reddish color. The shoes came a little darker than I had expected; a sort of dark burgundy color which I do like very much,

I don't always give 5 star reviews, but when I do, I love the shoes!

2.0 out of 5 stars Sebago Helmsman Shoe - No Siping, July 8, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars this shoe looks likJe it costs to much, June 13, 2013
rec these shoe's and they fit like a glove . and the TAN color makes them look like there worth a million . and the way they are made , the leather is great looking and they can be worn in any kind of weather . they are soft , flexable and really comfortable while walking . they also can be worn anytime , just like tennis shoes . the tie feature is also a great looking feature and i love it . but the way they made the shoe and how they made it is first class . im only glad that the price is low and not hight like they really look like they should be . you have to see and wear them once , then you'll love them and always want to wear them . Jerry

4.0 out of 5 stars first time Sebago purchase, April 11, 2013
I got the exact shoe pictured: Helmsman/Dark Tan/chocolate sole with white trim/vented sides/hand-stiched lip on the upper/sz 9.

This is my first Sebago purchase. I am not a boater, I just got these for daily walkers, as an exchange for some hybrid hikers I've had for 3 years (Helly Hansen's; great shoe). Just needed a change.

These shoes are very well made. Since they are brand new OOTB today, I can't report on well they wear or hold up over time, so that's why only 4 stars. If they hold up well for the summer I'll come back and update my review.

Sizing is exactly right. No need to guess up or down, just get your usual size.

3.0 out of 5 stars The sole is too hard., June 14, 2014
kingfish (Great State O' Maine) - See all my reviews
Headline again says it all. The sole feels VERY hard, very little cushioning, and the shoe is loud on hard surfaces.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the look of a boat shoe when wearing shorts ..., July 10, 2014
I like the look of a boat shoe when wearing shorts (no socks thing). But I also want more structure to the shoe then the typical boat moccasins when traveling and walking for long periods. This shoe is a good cross over. Comfortable w/o socks and supportive for long days on your feet. I have had lots of Sebagos... Quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wear well first time you put them on, July 7, 2014
They look great, and feel excellent. I am pleased with these shoes and will definitely purchase Sebagomagain. A well made shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars sebago, June 24, 2014
Nice shoes and a pitty they can't be bought in Europe. So I had to buy them in America as i did.

5.0 out of 5 stars helmsman oxford review, May 9, 2014
very comfortable good looking my wife approves too new to comment on durability i will check back in one year

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, May 9, 2014
My husband love this pair shoes absolutely. Nice color as shown. Fits perfectly! Comfortable and stylish. Highly recommend to anyone.

Sebago Men's Helmsman Boat Shoe