4.0 out of 5 stars Black
Do note that the "Black" variation is indeed black. It is not dark brown as the photo suggests. Still a gorgeous boot and very comfortable thus far, though.
Published on January 14, 2011 by Dan

3.0 out of 5 stars it was okaay ????
I thought the shoes was really good on the outside, but you shouldn't use this for long walks . !
Published 21 months ago by moody

4.0 out of 5 stars Black, January 14, 2011
This review is from: Sebago Men's Lighthouse Ankle Boot (Apparel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, February 6, 2014
These are cool boots. They are very comfortable and fit well. The only thing that surprised me about them is that the leather is actually white with black stain or polish and it wears off a little and they turn light grey. I just added more black polish to them and the still look cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars High ankle deck shoe., January 27, 2013
I was very surprised....got these booths, put them on the first time and bird hunted for three hours, they are great.
The blue color is not a hunting color but who cares....

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, good for day-to-day wear, and generates compliments!, January 9, 2013
First off, the negatives: Even though the sole is sewn to the top of the boot (supposedly a sign of good shoe-making), since it sticks out around the edges, every now and then I get the feeling that if for some reason I drag my toes along the ground, or if the boot gets stuck on a protruding step somewhere, then it will be easy -- compared to other boots -- for the sole to come off. Also, this boot is not water-resistant and does not do very well if you're walking on moist, rain-soaked soil. Your socks will get wet. Also, the sole is quite light -- in a way it's a boot with the sole ("soul?") of a flip-flop, or Converses. If you're planning on intense trekking, also plan on your feet hurting.

On the bright side, this pair of boots has given me the most compliments out of any pair of shoes I've ever worn. They are just beautiful, with just the right amount of rugged character to not make you look wussy. Given that I generally put style just a little before functionality, I'd say I made the right choice. Also, this pair is snug and comfortable. Sometimes I get home and just leave them on for a while because they really do not have the cumbersome feel of boots in general. I'd say the leather laces are well-made -- I've had leather laces tear on me before. These are holding up quite well in spite of the semi-abuse they've been getting.

If this pair gets me through the year (2013), then I'll gush over it a little. It's so soft to the touch and flexible (aspects that contribute to the comfort-factor) that subconsciously I'm not expecting it to last that long. But if it does, then I'll realize that it's equally as functional as it is stylish.

I wear these boots to work every day -- they are stylish enough to wear to almost any occasion barring very formal ones. As a guitarist who uses a lot of effects pedals that lie on the floor, it's important for me to have a pair of shoes that allow me to swiftly navigate between "stompboxes" without damaging them. But I like the look of boots, and these are like a marriage between the I-mean-business look of boots and the functionality and flexibility of Converses.

My advice would be to not have this be your only pair of shoes (even though it is mine, since I'm a struggling musician). If you already have a very solidly-built pair of shoes, then I'd get these to flesh out my collection. You WILL look cool!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this boot, April 13, 2012
I am a huge fan of Sebago, but the Lighthouse is amazing. It looks great, and is extremely comfortable. I would definitely recommend these shoes. The price and shipping were great as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these, March 23, 2012
Love these boots. Better than I expected. They run slightly big but they are excellent quality boots. They are perfect for wearing this time of year or in the summer when it rains. You can also wear them in the winter but must wear some heavy socks with them. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars must have, December 15, 2011
great shoes, very comfortable and stylish. been getting a lot of compliment on them. thinking of buying a second pair in a different color.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sebago Lighthouse boot, July 8, 2011
This review is from: Sebago Men's Lighthouse Ankle Boot (Apparel)
I would've given this boot five stars, except for the color. Like the other reviewer, I found the color did not match the photo: the "dark brown" is almost black, much darker than the photo. Otherwise, the leather is thick and soft and it fits true to size. It's a little wider than many boots, so wide feet should be OK----but the toe box isn't very tall, so thick feet might be an issue.
I paid less than half price, so I'm very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots!, October 29, 2010
Luv these boots! These were a great purchase and deal as well. Everyone compliment me every time I wear them.

3.0 out of 5 stars it was okaay ????, December 11, 2012