5.0 out of 5 stars I don't do reviews... but love this hand sewn shoe!
Published on July 13, 2010 by hdn2000

3.0 out of 5 stars not what they once were
Back when they were made in the USA, Sebago leather lasted a few years. The soles were also leather and lasted me only a few months, but being sown on they were easy to have replaced. The beautiful Cordovan finish had enough depth you could see some of the leather's grain. The size was a consistent E width and never took more than a week to break in.

These...
Published on May 10, 2012 by Karl W Kleimenhagen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't do reviews... but love this hand sewn shoe!, July 13, 2010
This review is from: Sebago Men's Sherman Loafer (Apparel)
Searching for an American made shoe last month and bought a Sebago "Sherman", despite the fact that it is not made in America. (Hand sewn in Dominican Republic). Bought first pair locally in Boston metro.... Cordo.... very nice coloring... salesman recommended buying 1/2 side smaller than normal tennis shoe size (10d vice 10.5d) and he was right. Extremely picky about socks, but generally tolerant of shoes.... after a 1 day break-in, these shoes have become my favorite dress shoes EVER. Purchased an identical pair in Black from Amazon tonight. Try a pair... I'm a Sebago convert now. (Just wish they were still hand sewn in Maine, would pay a little extra for that).

3.0 out of 5 stars not what they once were, May 10, 2012
Karl W Kleimenhagen (Peoria, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sebago Men's Sherman Loafer (Apparel)

These Shermans I bought two years ago (direct from Sebago) are the same style but with a reasonably long lasting rubber sole. The leather, though, cracked through after less than a year. Between the poor leather and the glued on soles, you can't resole them. The Cordo finish today looks like purplish paint. The size is inconsistent, nor are they a proper E width; the pair I bought a year ago (from Amazon) was so narrow I had to return it.

Sometimes, the good old days were so. The Sherman's still are of a great style, but the quality ain't what it was. Adjusted for inflation, they are less expensive, but you're getting what you pay for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Size was smaller than expected, March 27, 2011
I bought a pair to replace an older pair (about ten years old). I ordered the same size and couldn't even get the new pair on. Something changed over the years, so while the old pair is a comfortable fit, I had to return the new version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look Great and Feel Great, May 15, 2012
Wear a small but wide shoe (7.5 EEE). Most walk-in stores do not carry that size. It was great to find size on Amazon. The Sebago Sherman Loafer shoes are very comfortable as well as looking great and are stylish too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great loafer, January 14, 2012
Great loafer for the grandson. This is his second pair and he really likes them. His problem is his narrow foot and Sebogo sells a "B" width which is what he needs and their shoes are "true to size".

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing, July 6, 2012
Looked like a well made shoe but I would prefer made in the USA. I ordered a size larger than what I'm wearing and I could not get into them. The were way to tight across the instep and I had to return them which was flawless thanks to Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, March 18, 2011
These are so comfortable and very affordable. I love the vintage style and they are really easy to wear casually or for dressing up...

1.0 out of 5 stars destroyed sebago, May 30, 2012
after one half a day , the right shoes is totally out of usage. For the following reason, a default in the way to sew the shoe //i'll join a picture of the dammage.It's totally unusual for such a sebago model.. maybe it's a copy or something like that.It 'has never happened before. I'm very disappointed ..
Please let me know how to receive a refund or a new one. I stay in France and the cost of the return represent an higher cost than the good itself. other

3.0 out of 5 stars PaolaCordero, April 13, 2012
excellent service, my father loved it. only that the shipping takes a while to arrive, and the size is smaller than you were expecting the righteous but still a bit uncomfortable. Thank u

4.0 out of 5 stars NO REGRETS, January 1, 2011
I must say I don't regret buying my shoes through Amazon.com and in particular Sebago brand. I'm really satisfied with the price, delivery time and shoes'quality. They fit perfectly, I wear them to work every day, and they are very comfortable. As to quality, one shoe has a slight imperfection on leather (sort of tiny buble)and initially I thought the leather looked a bit fake, however after wearing them for several days, I've noticed the leather is showing its good quality. I think the shoes will age just nicely. Thank you Amazon.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›