5.0 out of 5 stars Great casual shoe, well made and comforatable
Published on February 6, 2009 by Larry in Lafayette

2.0 out of 5 stars Original Quality is Gone
Published on December 15, 2010 by fanfare

2.0 out of 5 stars Original Quality is Gone, December 15, 2010
I am a professional sailor who goes through deck shoes like accountants go through batteries in their calculators. I have worn many pairs of Sebago and thought they were the best quality and fit. I haven't worn for a couple years because you don't see them often in stores. I just purchased two different pairs (both exactly like previous pairs) and the quality that was worth paying more for is no longer there. I have read that they are now manufactured in China, as they were manufactured in Maine. To bad...I won't be purchasing Sebagos anymore.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not wide enough, August 15, 2010
Arnold F. Sparr (Charlotte, NC, US) - See all my reviews
These boat shoes came up when I put in the 7 EEE size. However, Sebago may consider WW the same as EEE but my feet didn't. Because I was mislead I had to pay to return the shoes. I don't think this is fair. The shoes should have been listed as EE not WW since the latter wasn't a true identifier based on the paramiters I put in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great casual shoe, well made and comforatable, February 6, 2009
Larry in Lafayette (Lafayette, California) - See all my reviews
I've bought the Sebago Schooner before, but this is the first time from Amazon. They're a staple in my wardrobe, comfortable, able to dress up with khakis or go casual with jeans. I've tried other brands of boat shoes, but I've never found any others as good for daily wear. It used to be there were just a few different versions of the Schooner; like many successful products, there are now too many choices. I got the standard brown like I always have (save once) and am very satisfied.

1.0 out of 5 stars Width Problems!, November 1, 2010
Beautiful shoes.
Well made and good lookers. They are just to narrow and they misrepresent the size width! They offer a 11 EE and this is what I ordered. however they ship 11W which is way to narrow even with the shoe untied you will run over the sides if you have a wide foot. It upsets me that they do this and cost them $ when customers keep returning due to this problem. I was not smart enough to believe others that had this same problem. (check other reviews) My bad but I was hoping they would fit. Take mt advise Don't order if you have a wide foot!
john C

1.0 out of 5 stars Narrow, September 1, 2012
C. Ehmke (Security, Co United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sebago Men's Schooner Shoe (Apparel)
I read other reviews saying these shoes are narrow - so I ordered 12EEE(12WW). The shoes I received are not WW and not even W. I dislocated several bones attached to my cuboid many years ago. I need wide shoes. If I squeeze my foot just a little it hurts. It is important to some of us that the shoes we buy are labeled correctly. And another thing - a 12W should be wider than a 9W. My point is that a foot does not just grow long. It grows long and wide.

Oh by the way - the shoes look well made.

1.0 out of 5 stars beautiful shoes, but the soles wear out, September 19, 2012
This review is from: Sebago Men's Schooner Shoe (Apparel)
The soles of these shoes are very thin straight out of the box. Made of rubber, they wear fast at the balls of the feet. After a few months, as I walked over gravel, I could feel many small rocks. Also, there is no interior padding at the ball of the foot. Having said that, they are beautiful, perhaps the most beautiful of all the boat shoes. I wish that they had lasted longer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Shoe too narrow, March 16, 2014
Rick (Oklahoma, Usa) - See all my reviews
I ordered 11 M shoes, but they fit like 11-1/2 N. These shoes are very narrow, especially at the front, and a little long. If not for this problem, I might have liked these shoes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, February 13, 2014
Normally wear 2E, but other reviews convinced me to order 3E. Happy with what I got. Will see how they work out over time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoes, April 4, 2012
I have had these shoes for about a month now and find they are very good. The only thing I find with them is that they are as I read in some other reviews somewhat narrow. They seem to be very well put together and seem to use good material so I assume the fault for this is sending overseas for manufacture and they used their own specs instead of what had been used when they were built in the states. They seem very good except for the narrow part so if your feet are not ezceptionally wide I would feel good about recommending them. Good luck.

3.0 out of 5 stars They just aren't the same..., January 4, 2015
These shoes fit pretty well and look nice... BUT they are a far cry from the Schooners I had years ago. The leather is hard with a shiny lacquer-look finish rather than the oil-tanned leather of years past. I don't think the soles are as thick or durable either. The leather half-insole had to be Gorilla-glued in order to stay in place after a few weeks. Same old story... good company moves production to China, prices don't change, product gets shoddy.

Sebago Men's Schooner Shoe