Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sebago Men's Tremont Boot
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 17, 2013
I live a city that requires a lot of walking. I got these shoes instead of Clark's desert boots (which I'd been wearing for years) because these do not use the crepe sole (it's frequently quite wet here).

These chukkas look nice and fit very well with a variety of different cuts of pants. I primarily wear slim-fit jeans and pants and these break very well on them. They are also very comfortable to walk around in.

My complaint is that they do not seem very durable. After two months of use (not everyday) I noticed the sole disconnecting. They are also not very good for wet weather because moisture/water will leak into the shoe.

If I didn't have to do a lot of walking and lived in a drier climate, these would be better. However, for my needs, they are not a very satisfactory shoe.
33 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2011
These are nice looking boots. They have a wooden heel, a layer of leather in the sole, and a thin rubber tread. The leather looks nice, but really doesn't hold up to use. I wish I had spent the extra money and bought a higher quality boot.
on December 5, 2012
Great shoe. But I agree with other reviewers that you should order a full size smaller than normal. Exchanged it.

Edit 1: To care for this type of leather you'll need mink oil or similar, which will darken the color and smooth the texture. A rub down with saddle soap will return it to normal.

Edit 2: The way I walk (heel heavy) has worn down the rubber sole to the wood after 4 months. I will have to get a repair shop to put a new sole more durable on it. I still love the shoe, though!
on August 21, 2013
I've worn these for almost a year now, and have decided to write a review. I typically wear a 10.5 in most brands, and even the 9 US is a tad large for me. The wear over a year has been a tad less than average, but is easily offset by how good these look, and the relative comfort they provide. There has been a bit of delamination between the wooden sole and the rubber outer sole, but it doesn't seem to be getting any worse as it has been like that for about 6 months now. I would buy these again as a great alternative to Clark's.
on November 26, 2012
I love these boots. They look great with jeans, khakis, or cordury pants. Very versatile and nicely made. You will want to size down a full size (I ordered a size 13, which is my actual shoe size, and then had to exchange them for a 12, which fit perfectly). Also, I wore them too quickly without breaking them in a few times for short periods first. I got some blisters on my heal, but after a few wears, they broke in nicely. For the price, these are made with high quality and durability, and they look spectacular. A+
on November 5, 2013
They definitely run small, so order 1 size down. They're really good looking. Nice color and look good with any pants. But I ended up returning them and going with the Cole Haan Glenn Chukka for 2 reasons. The leather on the Sebago is pretty stiff and a little uncomfortable. The might break in, but the Cole Haan was nice and soft right out of the box. Also I liked the textured leather on the Cole Haan better than the smooth leather. Seemed a little more casual to me, which is what I was going for.
on December 7, 2015
These shoes are really stylish and only look better as the leather ages a bit and the wrinkles get worn into it. Overall they look fantastic and I've gotten a lot of comments and compliments wearing them. Unfortunately they aren't comfortable to wear all day because the sole is fairly thin and you can feel impacts and obstacles a bit more than accustomed. Also, the heel has a 'layered' leather facade look around it, which is really just strands of square leather strap glued around the back in layers. These started to come off a few months into wearing the shoes and they basically keep peeling off further and further, making it look like you have something hanging off of your shoe (I guess you do). Really bummed, they started to fail like this because I LOVE the shoes otherwise. I might try to start glueing them back on somehow, but its really annoying and they quickly get worse.
on June 8, 2013
First, I had to get a full size down, as others have pointed out. I really like these boots, as well as the other shoes I have from Sebago. Every pair of Sebagos I own is extremely comfortable. I get so many compliments on these. Unfortunately they scratch easily, but in a way it adds an "authentic" look and makes them a bit more rugged and casual, if you're into that sort of thing. These look good with jeans or pants. Leather is good quality and I like the thickness of the laces and Vibram sole. Heel and toe seem to wear a bit prematurely, so be gentle. Be sure to get them from Amazon or from a seller that offers free returns. I had to experiment with sizing a couple times before I finally got it right.
on March 2, 2015
Great shoe at a great sale price. The leather had that worn dull look to it when I unboxed it so I gave it a good coating of mink oil like someone else suggested. That did the trick and the sheen looks great. Also, the rubber bottom looks tacky in the all the photos, so I was a little concerned about the appearance and how it might turn out once it wears down. However, I don't really care now because I have to say that that rubber coating makes this one of the most comfortable shoes that I have ever worn. I am going to put a heel guard on it jus to make it last that much longer.
Oh yeah, I ordered one size down like a lot of others have suggested, and it turned out perfect.
on August 3, 2013
I have been wearing these shoes for almost a year and they are great. They do run a little big so make sure to try and get a half size smaller than what you usually buy. They have Vibram bottoms and wood soles and are leather throughout. They are great quality and I get a lot of compliments on them.