Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

• Customer Reviews

on May 17, 2008
I love this vacuum! I went into a local vacuum shop to purchase a different brand, but after testing this vacuum, I was immediately sold. This vacuum has renewed my faith that someone still cares about manufacturing quality products. Shop around; my local SEBO dealer had a much lower price than what I've seen on the internet. Here are the pros and cons:

PROS (in no specific order)
1. Effortless to use. It glides across my carpets and floors with ease.
2. Relatively quiet. I can have a conversation while using it.
3. Very low profile. Less than 5 and one-half inches tall when the handle is lowered.
4. Superior durability and reliability. These machines rarely need service.
6. Simple, compact and elegant design.
7. Bags hold lots of dust and are very easy to change.
8. Top-notch HEPA filtration system. Acts like an air filter when cleaning.
9. Very long cord (about 40 feet).
10. Powerful motor.
11. Superb cleaning power. Head automatically (and undetectably) raises and lowers to match the height of the floor surface.
12. Traps (doesn't scatter) debris when cleaning hard floors.
13. Well-written, concise user manual.
14. Belts designed to last a lifetime.

CONS
1. Stair attachment sold separately.
2. Not manufactured in the USA.
on December 28, 2010
I own this vacuum for my home. This vacuum cleaner is very powerful and works great! The brush raises and lowers to your floor/carpet height. You can take the roller brush out and clean it easily without any tools. The bags install very cleanly and easily.
We have had a vacuum that is the commercial version but is exactly like this where I work, it is just now about at its end after over 10 years of use in a medium commercial environment. You could buy 6 other $100-$200 vacuums during that time and be left with 5 to 6 different kinds of bags and filters lying around from them.

The one bad review here, well, they bought the wrong vacuum for their needs. This is too powerful for small area rugs (although you can clean them with it if you are careful). Works great on carpet, large area rugs, and wood floors.
on December 7, 2015
This product truly lives up to its name and expectations. Its micro-filtration captures particles and allergens down to a very fine (HEPA) level. A simple test - look at what the bag picks up in just a few cleanings. The machine packs dirt in the bag quite effectively, so you go a long time before you need to replace it. The extra HEPA filter inside the bag housing area assures that you are getting the micro-filtering on the exhaust air. The unit is compact and gets into some really tight spaces, especially under beds and raised furniture The hand wand easily detaches for cleaning in small spaces, corners and other hard-to-reach areas. Suction is quite high and the machine does a great job in maintaining it even as the bag becomes increasingly full. The auto-leveling feature works quite well when going to/from carpeting and hardwood floors. It has a thin plastic strip on the bottom that prevents debris from flinging away from the fast spinning roller brush. Noise level is about 85 dB (as measured at chest level with my sound meter phone app). In my experience with other type vacuums, the Sebo is quieter. The cord is quite long (40 feet), so you can cover a large area without having to replug the machine. Cord unfolding and storage is quite easy with access at a standing level. Bag changing is very simple and fast, and they even give you a cap to seal the full bag for disposal. The really great thing about this vacuum is its longevity. I've lived in a large home (about 4000 SF) and had it now for 13 years, and the only thing I've normally changed are the bags and an occasional HEPA filter. I've changed out the brushes once (seems you get about 8 years on a set). Parts for the entire machine are available on-line and sold by several discount suppliers (they also have diagrams to help you identify the parts).

This machine keeps on working just like the day I bought it, and another nice thing - all of the features and accessories are still working with none having broken in this entire time. Sebo really makes a well engineered and manufactured product. It may cost a bit to initially purchase, but it stays working and easy to use for a very long time.
on May 17, 2008

PROS (in no specific order)
1. Effortless to use. It glides across my carpets and floors with ease.
2. Relatively quiet. I can have a conversation while using it.
4. Superior durability and reliability. These machines rarely need service.
6. Simple, compact and elegant design.
7. Bags hold lots of dust and are very easy to change.
8. Top-notch HEPA filtration system. Acts like an air filter when cleaning.
9. Very long cord (about 40 feet).
10. Powerful motor.
12. Traps (doesn't scatter) debris when cleaning hard floors.
13. Well-written, concise user manual.
14. Belts designed to last a lifetime.

CONS
1. Stair attachment sold separately.
2. Not manufactured in the USA.
on November 27, 2013
We've had this vacuum for about 15 years and have never had any problems. At any given time we have about 5-6 animals (cats and dogs) and this vacuum works wonders on our area rugs, and works well on our hard wood floors and tile too. The cons are that you have to carry it to do the stairs, and it's true that its high power suction can suck up the carpet edges. That said, given that it's the only vacuum we've owned in 15 years, I wouldn't go to any other brand. Our Hoover vacuums usually lasted a year at best. One little plastic nub broken and the whole thing was worthless. Finally we splurged on a $600 vacuum and we've never regretted it.
on April 4, 2013
I clean houses. My Sebo vac is not supposed to be a commercial vac, but I use it on client houses. In fact, have been using it for 10 years now! As a pro vac, it takes so much travel and abuse and still just hums along. I can always count on the X4 to do a total dust removal (a must for the Texas Hill Country). And it's quiet.

There are some trade-offs using the Sebo. I do have to lift it a lot on the job. It's not heavy, but it's not light either. I have to be careful because the vac is powerful and will eat decorator carpets if you're not careful. Like any high end product, parts and repair are expensive. But on the other hand, most vacs on the market today are not worth repairing.

Bottom line is I think I've saved a lot of time using Sebo and that translates into bucks. It's a fine machine! I love using it. I can count on it working.
on January 10, 2010
Nice vacuum if you have wall to wall carpet.
If you have wall to wall tile "like we do" and throw rugs don't buy this vacuum.
It's made to go under furniture, which it does well. But because of that you can't lift
the front of the vacuum over the leading edge of throw rugs.
You have to lift the entire vacuum and place in in the middle the rug.
If you get anywhere near either end of the rug it is sucked into the vacuum and you have to turn it off.
When you get to the end of the rug you can't drag it back, you have to lift it.
To vacuum a throw rug 20" by 30" you have to lift the vacuum about 8 to 10 times.
3 rugs per room time 5 rooms I have to lift this vacuum over 100 times.
Your back gets soar.
The hose is also to short and pulls the vacuum over, if you are not really careful.
This vacuum was a big letdown for us.
99 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See 1 answered question