Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Price:$7.55+ $2.60 shipping

on October 18, 2011
I purchased this lamp to do gel nails at home and save money but it's been nothing but an aggrevation. The second time I used it the bulb flickered and died. I figured I had a dud so I returned it. I brought the new one home, slipped in brand new batteries and finished one hand successfully. Then I jinxed myself, I turned it off for a bit. When I returned to do my other hand it didn't work. After flicking the switch a couple times it began trying to work again. I figured out that the switch was bad in addition to the bulb. To get it to come on and stay on I had to apply and hold pressure on the switch then the light would half come on. A black band appeared on the light and it was alot dimmer. It never again put out enough light to work properly. I paid $25 for this light, for $50 I am going to get an LED UV light and save myself the aggrevasion of this little light. Oh by the way if you are stuck with one hand done and have a black light in the house it will work just fine in curing the nails.
on July 12, 2010
This product does exactly what it says... however, I used it 4 times and the bulb went out.. you have to special order the bulb.
on March 19, 2014
Do NOT buy this lamp simply because it's cheap. Because it's just that, IT'S CHEAP. I purchased this lamp on sale thinking it would save me time and money and I have been wrong. The lamp eats up batteries, so I bought an adapter. Once I bought an adapter the bulbs have burnt out only have 4-5 uses. I bought a replacement bulb, which was broken when I received it because I bought it online so I had to buy another one. I have been looking to find somewhere where I could get ANOTHER bulb, and they no longer sell them on Amazon, Sally, etc. I went to seche's website and it's barely functional. Such a waste of time and money I regret it. I honestly just want to throw the lamp in the trash... so disappointed.

If anyone does have any suggestions on lamps that they found which were great recommendations would be great.
on March 6, 2016
The actual light apparatus itself is poorly designed ergonomically-speaking unless you have Hobbit fingers that are all the same length. Since I don't have Hobbit-fingers, being not from Middle Earth, curing the gel on my nails was nearly impossible. I had to sqwunch up my middle finger to get it under the light with my remaining three fingers and my thumb was right out. After the finger contortions were complete I then had to cure just my thumb, holding the lamp in the palm of my hand. Not comfortable at all since I have small hands.

I purchased mine at Sally's, not Amazon and was able to use it exactly ONCE before the bulbs broke. Neither Sally's nor Amazon sell the replacement bulbs, so I'm out the $23 and have to purchase a whole new lamp. Besides the bulbs that broke after one use, it does NOT cure the gel as quickly as advertised despite following the directions to the letter. Perhaps this was due to the poor bulb quality? Who can say?
on December 12, 2011
Seche Ultra-V UV Lamp

I have used the lamp with the Ultra-V top coat and have had no problems. The batteries are still going strong after a half a dozen uses. I like that you can walk or lay around while using it. Great for use while watching TV.
on December 15, 2015
Let me begin by saying, I am obsessed with nails, nail polishes, and with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top coat. This UV system was recommended to me by an esthetician. It does work well and I think the price is extremely reasonable. I think that this Gel and UV system keeps your nails chip free and shiny much longer than drugstore brands of topcoat or OPI. But I think that it is equal in efficacy to Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. And the regular Seche Vite is a bit thicker and shinier. But for my day to day needs, I am not going to be using this whole Seche UV system super often. Its much faster and easier to use the regular top coat and skip the UV steps. But when I have extra free time, I do use this UV lamp and enjoying it. I think it is a nice alternative to spending all that time in the salon under the UV lamps getting your gel polish. I do not understand how people find time for that.

Pros: uses double A batteries, light and portable, easy to use.

Cons: takes 3 minutes to set the Gel topcoat.

Bottom Line: Takes more time to do your nails with little difference in wear compared to the plain Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.
on June 22, 2013
Be cautious when putting in the batteries for this product. I ende up putting them the wrong way the first time not taking a close look at the sides of the chamber on how to properly install batteries, and got a very weak light and one of the batteries was almost about to explode. Pay close attention to the little battery signs on the sides of the chamber AND the cover. After putting in the batteries the right way, I followed the instructions and it so far it's done it's job just right :0) the bulb hasn't failed on me yet (after turning it on more than 10 times ) hopefully I won't need to order a replacement soon.
on January 30, 2013
I did not purchase my lamp from Amazon. I am a nail tech student and not ready to purchase a actual lamp and, I just use it on my nails so far. But I was scared to purchase it after reading the previous reviews. So despite all the negative things I saw youtube and bad reviews.... I got it any way. I use mine over my acrylics and its shines like a gel top coat. It does smell, but not to bad. You do have to do four nails and your thumbs separate, but its not a big investment and its easy for me to tote back and forth to school. If your using nail polish you have to let your polish dry first, then apply the Seche Uv top coat. I reapply once a week, not sure if it chips after a week or not but, Im glad I purchased this, no regrets!!
on September 25, 2011
This product performs precisely as advertised. If you're having problems you could be applying your gel coats too thick. I've done full sets several times, in under 40 minutes, and the batteries and lamp are still going strong. I'd like to find the electrical plug...does anyone know what volt adapter it needs?
on October 17, 2013
Okay, let me give my review of this product. I know some have had bad experiences, but I have used this product and I have to say this product worked. I had no problems with it at all. The only con is its low power, but that's to be expected with this mini uv lamp (I didn't expect anything different). I used it to apply gel polish and it took a bit longer than it would have if it were higher wattage but like I said I expected this. I just needed something to set my gel polish because I was tired of going to the nail shop. This was my first time applying gel to my nails and I must say I am very pleased. As I mentioned before, I know a lot of you have had bad experiences with this product not working, but I have to say I am satisfied. I leave it on in between applying coats and have longer drying time (along with not so high quality batteries) but by the time the batteries begin to die, my nails are completely dry. I would recommend based on my results; however I can only speak for myself.