Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on October 21, 2012
The Second Seduction of a Lady is a historical novella that introduces a new series by Miranda Neville, The Wild Quartet. Eleanor is a woman firmly "on the shelf" and against the institution of marriage. She occupies her time by visiting relatives and helping out her many cousins. While visiting one of these cousins, Eleanor runs into the man who managed to seduce her and use her years before. Max knew he made mistakes with Eleanor, but he has never gotten over her and he is determined to make the most of his second chance, which proves to be more difficult than he could have anticipated.

I really enjoyed Eleanor's character, I understood her negative feelings about marriage (even though I didn't necessarily agree) and I like that she is an independent woman. She manages to do what she pleases and still be part of society. Neither Eleanor or Max are high up in the Ton, they are people who are easy to relate to. Max proved to be very dedicated to winning Eleanor over and I always love it when a man has to work to win his lady.

The Second Seduction of a Lady is a quick read, but the antics of Eleanor's cousin and Max's attempts to win Eleanor are amusing and enjoyable to read. I did not have any issues with the story, but at the same time it did not amaze me. The story is simple, yet enjoyable and provides a nice prelude to an upcoming series. I enjoyed the writing, the characters, and the story and will likely read book 1 in The Wild Quartet Series, The Importance of Being Wicked, when it debuts in late November.

*I received this book in exchange for an honest review*
on February 22, 2015
I thought this a nice, well-balanced introduction to the series. It gave us a story of love renewed, and we met Caro, the heroine of The Importance of Being Wicked (The Wild Quartet Book 1), a novel I recommend. We saw her mother's reprehensible stifling of Caro, making Caro's rebellion inevitable. Interestingly, we also saw the seeds sown by Robert that would eventually cause great heartache for Caro.

The sweet, sometimes funny, love story of Max and Eleanor was a nice vehicle for this introduction, though it was a little slow in places.

I recommend reading this series in order for full understanding of the characters and their stories. I read #3 & #4 first. I think I would have gotten more from those novels had I read in order.

Enjoy your reading! :)
44 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2015
I felt like I had read this before but did not show up I had purchased it.Eleanor Hardwick was seduced by Max Quinton Five years ago. She sent him a letter she never wanted to see him again.He wanted her but all the letters he sent were never opened or read. She had inherited her mother's money so she lived her life as she wanted. She talked Caro's mother to let her take her to a house party. Caro was one of her cousins very young and immature.Caro meets Robert and Eleanor runs into Robert again.He is guardian to Robert . Max is determined he will get Eleanor to marry him this time but he will woo her slowly. Cato and Robert's romance played a big part of the novella I would have liked them to have less time in the story. Caro and Robert took off to marry in Gretna. Max and Eleanor took of after them first separate then together.is this a chance for Max to finally win her and will they be in time to keep Robert and Caro from marrying ? The novella was ok for me for a one time read but not a keeper for me,
on May 22, 2014
Max and Eleanor finds each other after five years in the house of Robert his ward. Max seduced Eleanor for a bet because a man whose his wife cousin (Eleanor ) gave her some advice how she should treated her husband. The m an cursed and look for revenge and suggest a bet that who will kiss Eleanor.
Max accepted the bet and the matter does not resulted the way he wants. He fell in love with Eleanor and deduced her. When she finds about the bet she broke with him and refuse to seem him. After five years they meet again, Max is insisten to make amends to Eleanor to accept his marriage proposal. She accepts his proposal and they wed. The story is short but very sweet to see how couple managed to overcom their issues and reconcile their difference. I recommend this book and author, this is the first book of Mrs. Neville and not the last. Enjoy
on April 8, 2015
This was a great story where she always thinks that marriage is wrong because of the examples in her life. Even after one time of abandonment of her good sense, she learns a truth that has her back on track. But being a managing busy body to her family leads her back to the same man. Can he finally convince her her of his truth. I enjoyed this story so much.
on October 16, 2012
Eleanor Hardwick lives her life the way she wants and thanks to an inheritance from her late mother, she can. If she wants to spend money of fancy bonnets, she will. If she wants to travel, she can. Yet, being the only child of a recluse father is very lonely so her travels often involve visiting her relatives and trying to help in any way she can, welcome or not. Eleanor takes one of her young cousins, Caro, under her wing since her mother is dastardly but her life is thrown into upheaval upon a walk when Eleanor and Caro stumble upon a young man and his guardian. The guardian is Max Quinton, the man who broke her heart five years ago with a cruel bet. Max is delighted to see the only woman who has laid claim to his heart and he is determined to make rights with Eleanor once and for all so he sets about a slow seduction to win her back. Unfortunately, he causes more problems as he uses his charge's interest in Caro to gain information and when this comes to light, the damage is done all over for Eleanor. Will a chase to Gretna Green together be enough to prove that Eleanor is the only one for him?

This novella (which was about sixty percent of my file, the rest were excerpts) is the kickoff to Miranda Neville's upcoming new series and was an enjoyable tale. When Max broke her heart, it cemented her belief that marriage is not for her, especially after witnessing her joyful mother wilt under her fathers boring lifestyle. Now, at the tender age of 30 (I loved that she was a bit older than the norm!), she is determined to live a quiet life by herself and she plans to shove Max away. Max is charming and quiet in his seduction of Eleanor and she finally allows him to explain his side of the bet and together they make great stride to happiness only for it to seem to fall away again. I really enjoyed the secondary romance that also bloomed between Caro and Robert and as Caro is the heroine for the next book (The Importance of Being Wicked) it has made me very anxious as to what is next for her! However, since this novella was about Eleanor and Max, I did sort of feel Caro's problems overtook the storyline a bit and I would have liked a little more courtship between Eleanor and Max with just a bit more of their history. Even in this short novella it has what I expect from Miranda Neville, sharp dialogue, wit, charm, heat and a dash of action. A great kickoff to what is sure to be an amazing series! 3 1/2 stars

*review copy*
on March 2, 2014
A novella that gives Max a second chance to win Eleanor's heart and prove he is not the man she thought he was. He truly is a wonderful man and has never stopped loving Eleanor. It also introduces Eleanor's cousin Caro Brotherton who is the heroine in The Importance of Being Wicked. This novella is a nice introduction for the novel.
on January 31, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this historical novella. Max and Eleanor are a great couple and I loved seeing their second chance at love. This was a great introduction to Neville's new series especially with the background of Caro, heroine of The Importance of Being Wicked.
on December 20, 2013
I like this series. I liked this book. The characters were well developed, even if it was a novella. We had a good window into the secondary characters to prepare us for "The Importance of Being Wicked" Worth the time and fun too!
on October 21, 2012
Right from the beginning you want Eleanor and Max to get together and Ms Neville doesn't disappoint. I loved the sub-plot with Caro and Robert. It raised the story above the simple hero/heroine story line and added a depth one doesn't see enough of these days.