5.0 out of 5 stars Speedealer Rocks!!!
I never heard of Speedealer until I saw them open for Fu Manchu at the Exit/In in Nashville. These guys put on a great live show, so great that I bought there CD Second Sight. If you like hard rocking speed metal you will love this CD and this band.
Published on July 27, 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointing
Published on October 1, 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointing, October 1, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Second Sight (Audio CD)
After seeing Speedealer when they still had the REO in their name, I was hooked on their hard driving Zeke crosses Motorhead sound. Their first two albums, unfortunately now out of print rocked, and Here comes Death I feel is their best album yet, so I was realy looking foward to the new release. I felt if it was along the same lines of their past album, it could help them break through to getting some airplay. Unfortunately it was a big dissappointment with no stand out songs and a more commercialized sound that is pretty bland for these guys who I know have it in them to blow away all of todays so called heavy bands. I think maybe Jason Newsted was a mistake for producer, come to think of it Metallica was all down hill after he joined up with them. All in all it is worth a listen, but if you are expecting something like their outstanding older songs like Viva La Vulva, Dealers Choice, or Absinthe you'll be let down too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Blah. Just... blah., July 29, 2002
This review is from: Second Sight (Audio CD)
I think every band and artist has a finite amount of creative juice in them, and at some point they run out. It can be really obvious in some cases. *AHEM* Speedealer never really had a lot of "juice" to begin with. They were a fun party band, they often played fast and hard, and they had "Hit It and Run," a song which is so catchy it's probably illegal. Well, now they've dried up. There is NO Hit It and Run on this record. ("Kill Myself Tonight" comes the closest, but it still doesn't come close.) This is just a CD full of bland, middle-of-the-road mid-tempo 'hard rock'. It's generic. It's tepid. It's boring. And it's too bad.
PS- Newstead's production work here is pretty damn mediocre, too. At least he's consistent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedealer Rocks!!!, July 27, 2002
By A Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars oh man, October 24, 2003
This review is from: Second Sight (Audio CD)
sounds like new metallica if your into it thats fine but if you liked old speedealer stuff i don't reccomend this.

Second Sight
Second Sight by Speedealer (Audio CD - 2002)