5.0 out of 5 stars 8 Seconds deserves 8 Stars
I thought that the movie was ok, but it was the soundtrack that made it great. With the variety of songs, from slow to high intensity, it is just a fun album to listen to. Especially in the pickup on the way to a Rodeo!
Published on July 5, 2006 by N. L. Hunter

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought for one song
I only bought this for the one Reba Song. I am not a fan of hers in a way that I would purchase a entire cd of hers... but If I had Only Known was an excellent song and that is why I bought it.
But it was an Excellent Movie
Published on April 22, 2003

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 8 Seconds deserves 8 Stars, July 5, 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars 8 SECONDS IS SUPERB, October 11, 2002
Jeffrey W. Vigeant (Williamsburg, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 8 Seconds: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Audio CD)
The soundtrack to the movie 8 SECONDS is actually better than many "Greatest Hits" compilations. Because the album consists of songs by some of the best country artists of our time, it's hard to choose one song over another, but there are a few standouts. One is the beautiful and tender love song "Standing Right Next To Me" by Karla Bonoff. Another, Reba's sentimental and very moving "If I Had Only Known". To me this song is to 8 SECONDS, what "My Heart Will Go On" was to TITANIC. But the album is by no means only a selection of slow love songs and ballads. "Texas Is Bigger Than It Used To Be" by Mark Chesnutt, along with Brooks & Dunn's "Ride 'em High, Ride 'em Low", and "Just Once" by David Lee Murphy are but a few of the snappy tunes you'll find here. No lover of country music (nor fan of the movie) should be without this CD in their collection. Like "Once In A While" by Billy Dean, an extraordinary album comes along "once in a while" that is better than most. This is it. For anyone in doubt, let me just add that "Lane's Theme" by Bill Conti, a beautiful instrumental, is worth the price of the album alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lane Frost What A Cowboy/BullRider Should Be, June 20, 2006
Richard Beemer "Beemer" (Carson City, Nv by way of Baton Rouge LA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 8 Seconds: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Audio CD)
Great country music I listened to when I was going down the road hard in the late 70's and through the 80's to make 8. Lane was an explemetary person, and one hell of a bull rider he always came to ride.

5.0 out of 5 stars great movie!!, February 23, 2006
This review is from: 8 Seconds: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Audio CD)
If you haven't seen this movie - then you aren't a part of THIS world! This movie is awesome!! I am a serious bullriding fan and I think that all 3 actors portraying Lane, Kelly and Tuff did an EXCELLENT job - great movie, great soundtrack. I bought them both and absolutely love them!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT MOVIE WITH AN EVEN BETTER SOUNDTRACK!, October 26, 2001
This review is from: 8 Seconds: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Audio CD)
The music goes PERFECTLY with the movie! They put the soundtrack together beyond perfection. This soundtrack has everything from flashy songs that make you want to just get up and dance to a slow piano song that makes you want to just sit down and cry. I honestly have to say that this is the best country soundtrack that I've ever heard/owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great country soundtrack, July 4, 2001
This review is from: 8 Seconds: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Audio CD)
I have never seen the film, so cannot comment on it, but this is one cool soundtrack cd. Each and every song is wonderful including the beautiful piano solo by Bill Conti at the end. There are upbeat dance songs as well as heart touching ballads. I particularly like Reba's "If I had only known" and Patty Smyth's "You hung the moon". This is a soundtrack that all fans of country music should own. The booklet includes a few pictures from the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars This album is the best one out there, August 18, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: 8 Seconds: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Audio CD)
I absolutely love this album. The songs on here are great because they are a mixture of slow sentamental songs and upbeat kick off your shoes and dance songs. I will never get sick of listening to this cd because I have listened to it already over a hundred times. It's the best.

4.0 out of 5 stars AngelLiz73@aol.com, March 23, 2001
Liz (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 8 Seconds: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Audio CD)
What a wonderful CD. I loved the upbeat songs such as 'When Will I Be Loved' and 'Just Once' but you can't beat those slow sad country songs 'You Hung The Moon' and 'If I Had Only Known'. Oddly enough though, my favorite had to be Bill Conti's haunting solo piano piece 'Lane's Theme'. What a fantastic tribute to one amazing bull rider.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soundtrack Cd, March 11, 2003
Heather (Jacksonville,Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 8 Seconds: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Audio CD)
This cd was wonderful. Once I seen the movie I knew I had to get the cd. The cd just blows me away. Not only does it have fast dancing songs. But it has slow dancing love song. Like the one by Reba "If I had only knew" Just get the cd and watch the movie and get the cd you will understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 1, 2014

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

8 Seconds: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
8 Seconds: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Bill Conti (Audio CD - 1994)
Rate and Discover Movies