Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on October 29, 2013
I have no prior experience with spy camera and cannot give a fair comparison with other similar product. My comments are based purely on my intended usage. I suspect my domestic help is stealing items from us; based on the good reviews here, I brought 2 of it. However, the following are my feedback:
Good:
1. Reliable. It can record as promised
2. Hidden its true purpose quite well; you don't suspect it is a spy cam.
3. Has a good sound quality (why? I need good recording functions .. not good sound quality)
Not so good:
1. Very narrow angle of view.(45degree or less) - In a normal size bedroom. you probably need 2 or 3 of these to cover all corners.
2. Low quality video, especially in low light condition.
3. when recording, it can only function the dual role of a clock. you can't record while it functions as a radio (my domestic helper switch it to radio and the recording stops)
4. NO motion detection alert. So you have to review all recordings.

I set to 1 hour recording per file (max) and I need 2 of these to just cover 80% of the room. Without motion detection, It means that I need to review 20+ recording files after a long work day. It is just too time consuming. In one of these heap of files, I saw some suspicious activities. However, the recording is so poor that I cannot draw a conclusion.

It is too time consuming so I am still looking for a better alternative.
1919 comments|174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 18, 2013
I have to say I too bought this because of the great reviews on the seller onlineenterprises888 and the great reviews on his help and support. I knew I needed some kind of nannycam being in a certain family situation where I need proof of what is actually happening. I must say without his YouTube video and his instructions and other reviewers instructions, I would not have been able to do this. Everyone helped with what to buy to make this work right away so I ordered the camera, the 32 scan disk and the privacy screen. So there everything was, just sitting in the box for a few days, with me looking at it sideways every once and awhile, saying I have to set this up. Tomorrow the family member is coming over so I said ok, I will have to try & set this up today even though I am not too good at setting up these types of things. But after watching the video and pausing it often so I could keep up or rewinding it & watching parts agsin, I did it. Eureka! It works! I have it set up in the living room under the lamp so it just looks like a digital clock. I will update this post after tomorrow's visit by my Bipolar family member when I see how well it recorded his visit. Stay tuned....Oh, also I asked onlineenterprises888 a question here on the question and answer section and he answered right away. Very impressive, Thank you!

OK, now for the update, of course he didn't come the next day, he didn't come til Sunday. The camera caught everything. After viewing it & listening to it, everyone now saw & heard his actual behavior and can't believe the way he talks to me. Everyone now says I need to get a restraining order against him. I had told him I had a nannycam before he came and reminded him I had a nannycam recording all of this and he said if he finds it he will smash it. You could see him looking around for it but he never noticed this clock. This one recording was worth the cost of the camera to me. Nobody would believe me before. I even played it for his mother up north and she could hear it fine over the phone. This is a great product! Not to mention a great seller! At first, I couldn't get the audio to play when I plugged the device on the computer and was so disappointed, then I went to the questions & answers on this page and followed the suggestions. It played audio & video fine on the actual device, it was my computer that needed the VLC media player free download for windows to play the audio & video, and it now plays great on the computer! !

******************************************************************************************

OK, for the latest update, so I filed the temporary restraining order and we had court today for the final hearing/injunction. I took the camera into court & the judge allowed the video recording into evidence and had me play the recording right there in the courtroom. The audio was fantastic. They were all impressed that it was a stand alone device. I set it up on the table that I was sitting at for the Petitioner and everyone was able to hear everything even though the judge was about 15 feet away sitting high up on the bench and the court reporter was sitting next to him. The video was too small of course for them to see from that far but they didn't need to see it anyway, all they had to do was listen to the verbal violence that was going on. Even the defendant could hear it across the room at his table.

After listening to the recording, the judge granted me the final injuntion. I am so impressed with this device and that the legal system here in Florida allows this as evidence and am so impressed that it worked so well as a stand alone device - no need for computers, no need for any cords or even a power source. It ran off it's own battery in the courtroom. This has been the best money I have ever spent! No one can fully appreciate what you can only describe, hearing it for their selves, what really happened, allows them to understand what you are going through and what the true experience entailed. I urge anyone in a similar situation to get this camera, the judge was denying all other injunctions today but this camera showed the court the proof that I needed this injunction and what could the defendant say in his defense? This was better than a person as a witness. The court had no need to doubt the veracity of this evidence, the court was able to make their decision based on the actions of the defendant which they could hear for themselves!

2525 comments|194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2013
I use this to monitor my home while at work. I turn on the recording when I leave the house and off when I return. The unit in plugged into the AC charger all the time and since I have the spy camera set to loop record there is no need to delete files from the device ever.
33 comments|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2015
Amazing. It caught this people entering my house and trying to rob me. Went through my whole house while they ate my food. They are in jail now.
review image
on December 3, 2013
Once I watched the sellers youtube video, the product worked as stated. It records in color, infrared, night. You cannot "skip" chapters (only Fastforward) during playback so chose your recording increments wisely. The USB cable is short. Spend the $5-$7 for an extension cable as the battery only last 3-4 hrs on full charge. Great picture ad the audio is much better than expected although it seems low and I had to turn all volumes up on my computer. Tip: turn the unit off, then plug into your computer, then turn back on and your computer will recognize the device. I never got the CD ROM with the large manual to work, but again, the youtube video answered most questions. Also, the battery light does not go off unless the unit is off. I hate this as it is annoying to have the screen dark but the light on underneath. Also, the time date seems to reset itself from year 2014 to 2088. Just crazy. Anyway, neat product and it will get the job done barring frustrations.
on February 9, 2014
A big waste of money. We ordered the 32GB card with this "camera" and it would never record or it would freeze and we would have to unplug, restart, and reprogram, several times. I finally gave up out of fear of throwing it against my wall and possibly damaging my wall. Don't waste your money, save yourself the frustration.
on November 18, 2013
If your using this for personal use to secure an area you maintain then great. I bought this to place in my teen daughters room to monitor activity and people when I'm not home, the S&S card slot is plain as day on the back and she just has to pop it out and I have nothing, not very good job trying to hide the fact it's a spy camera.
44 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2013
It is impossible to program. After setting the time from the year 2087, how many clicks is that??? it goes back to 2087. Set it at 15:45, at the hour it goes to 4:00. Hold two buttons, mode, menu, escape, ok, the definitions of those changes depending on what you're trying to do. Pamplet written is poor english. I'm sending mine back.
on September 24, 2013
Received it in a timely manner but the thing doesn't work. Will not recognize the memory card and I tried 2 different cards that work in other devices. Also the radio doesn't pick up any stations only sound it makes is static. Very disappointed.
on December 12, 2013
This was NOT fully as described. It didnt work unless pluged in 24-7. Everytime it got unpluged i had to go though the settings and re set everything so it saved with the right date and time. I ended up throwing it in the trash.... Extremely disapointed that the battery that came with it was just for show and didnt do a dang thing for it. Also the "secret functions" my sitter figured out how to use and shut the recording off and things of that nature. Its a NOT So Secret Spy cam.