4.0 out of 5 stars magic!
This is an absolutely beautiful book!
Published 7 months ago by elena

3.0 out of 5 stars If you are going to create...
I love Johanna Basford and her art and I was so excited to get this book in my hands along with my pens, microns and copics. But forget it. I was so very disappointed when I realized one half of this beautiful book would be completely ruined if I did what the writing encourages me to do! Why, oh why would you design a book of this nature on such a paper? What a shame. 3...
Published 2 months ago by Kimberly Kline

4.0 out of 5 stars magic!, September 2, 2013
This review is from: Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Coloring Book (Paperback)
This is an absolutely beautiful book!
BUT - on the first page, the authors suggest we "use felt tip pens". However, the pages are absorbent and the ink seeps through to the other side. I ruined several pages of my precious copy by doodling and colouring in a few items here and there on the most enticing designs before realising what was happening on the back! This is the only reason I did not give the book five stars. Other than this It is completely entrancing!
I am going to get colouring pencils!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sumptuous and More Than Meets the Eye, June 23, 2013
I bought this book for my adult daughter who still loves to colour and the intricate drawings will delight her. The paper is of a quality suitable for felt tip pens and there are even pages with gentle spaces to encourage the user to pen a few designs in black fine point. Along the way there are also hidden images to find on every page. What I didn't expect was how much I would be inspired by the designs. These would make beautiful needlework conversions into cross stitch or embroidery works of art. The layout and dust jacket are small but important features and make giving this a joy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Treasure Hunt & Coloring book, May 29, 2013
I actually found a copy of this in a little gift shop in San Francisco and then purchased a second copy for my daughter once I came home from vacation. These make great therapeutic gifts for adults or teens too. What a wonderful way to relax. Excellant gift for anyone that is bed bound. Add coloring pencils and an electric pencil sharpener and your gift will be the BEST of the bunch and most appreciated!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Adult Coloring, May 21, 2013
Sharon (Washington State) - See all my reviews
So relaxing to sit down with this book and my adult colored pencils (Faber Castel) and just color away to my heart's content. Every page is different and unique.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, July 2, 2013
BUY THIS BOOK! I just received this book today and I am totally blown away. I came back on to see if Ms Basford had any other books to order. I will definitely be ordering more copies to keep for future use. The pictures are amazingly beautiful and instantly spark so many coloring possibilities. I hope she comes out with more just like this one. II would definitely give this as a gift. That is, if I could get myself to let one go.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a wonderful book., June 11, 2013
I have looked for a coloring book like this for quite sometime. This is absolutely beautiful. I would give this as a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift purchase, July 6, 2013
J. Nagle (Rochester, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for my adult daughter who has a very stressful job. She has always loved to color so I purchased this for her along with some beautiful colored pencils. They make a great gift for those in need of quiet relaxation.

5.0 out of 5 stars So fun and relaxing, May 4, 2013
I am an adult colorer or is it colorist??? Whatever, I love this book. I use thin markers mostly and find it very therapeutic to make these pages come alive with color!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun Book, May 5, 2013
This is a fun book with almost a hundred pages of great images to color. There is also a seeking game - you need to find different animals or plants on the pages. I'm having fun with it and I haven't even given it to my grandsons yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Done art, July 2, 2013
There is a large variety of black line art in this book and its worth the money to have the collection of wonderful detailed art. If you enjoy the art from the 1960s you will love this book as it has a psychedelic touch also in its illustrations.

ARRAY(0xa4d7924c)

Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Coloring Book
Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Coloring Book by Johanna Basford (Paperback - March 26, 2013)
$14.95 $10.76