5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL & WORTH EVERY PENNY

3.0 out of 5 stars Burn After Reading
Published on September 13, 2008 by John P. Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL & WORTH EVERY PENNY, February 2, 2008
This review is from: The Secret Gratitude Book (Hardcover)
When I read other reviews, I was thinking for the money, really, I'll just get a journal. But one reviewer wrote that it was worth it for the tips she gives, the words of advice and thought provoking ideas, make it worth it. IT IS!! Not only is it a beautiful piece, very thick and hard cover, embossed in different ways and with "The Secret" logo also. It closes on the right side with very heavy magnetic attraction. The pages are a joy to write on. You will not be disappointed. I find myself using everyday which is what you need to do. It works, you will be amazed. This is worth the investment ten times over. Do yourself a favor and buy this journal.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gorgeous Journal, January 11, 2008
This review is from: The Secret Gratitude Book (Hardcover)
It is true that this book is a journal. It is a well done, beautiful journal in keeping with the other high quality items Rhonda Byrne has put out. One of the other 5 star reviewers gave an accurate description of the book, but I'm going into a little more detail so people who are considering buying it may be able to understand why they would want to purchase this to record their special and empowering thoughts every day instead of a plain old book or notebook.

The book is small in size which makes it very portable. The cover is not leather, but it looks like leather and is embossed with gold lettering and symbols. The paper is high quality and the pages are not stark white, but a nice "easy on the eyes" warm color. Each day has a "secret" thought for the day and the word for "thank you" in a different language. (I haven't counted how many different languages there are.) The book has a "rich" look to it. If you've read or watched "The Secret" and you understand the Law of Attraction and how important gratitude is you'll understand why it's important to have a special book you love to write your important thoughts in every day.

You could buy this book without an understanding of "The Secret" and find it useful and nice. But I think it would be best used in conjunction with the book or DVD to further anchor the empowering thoughts and feelings that make the Law of Attraction work in a good way for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daily Dose of Power, January 29, 2011
This review is from: The Secret Gratitude Book (Hardcover)
I received the Secret Gratitude Book through the Law of Attraction. I watched the video several years ago and wanted to get a refresher. I wanted to get the book and the accompanying journal but it was Christmas time and I didn't want to dip into the Christmas funds at the time to do it and decided just to wait until the new year.

Whenever I visited the bookstore, I'd take a look and page through the book and pick up the journal.

For Christmas, I received an Amazon gift card. I bought the Secret Gratitude Book and the The Secret book with that gift card. I didn't have to wait until the new year and my next pay.

People can say what they want to say about this series, but I see from day to day how the Law of Attraction works in my life. I am a Christian and I believe that when praises go up, when there's non-stop gratitude, when there is unwavering faith, God moves and puts things in place for those who do these simple things in sincerity.

Whenever I feel I'm going to get the least bit discouraged, I pick up my gratitude journal and start writing about the many blessings that I have in my life, how many storms I have been brought through successfully, and how many holes from which I have not fallen.......

The series is for the open-minded.....

3.0 out of 5 stars Burn After Reading, September 13, 2008
This review is from: The Secret Gratitude Book (Hardcover)
I respect all of my fellow reviewers here on amazon - even if some of their views may be a little skewed - but I had "challenges" with David Hooper's review of this particular journal. To me, it really isn't the "most powerful book on gratitude". And even though he explains why it is, I just can't help but think that the most powerful book on gratitude that you will ever own is the one you create yourself.

No doubt about it. This book is beautiful. It's filled with quotes from the book, the Secret, and it's small enough to take with you anywhere you go...but I prefer the little leather bound journal I bought at Costco for $12.95. In it I not only include quotes from the book, The Secret, I also include quotes from others that I resonate with whether it be Ralph Waldo Emerson or Henry David Tyler - the man who delivers my bottled water - because I believe at our very core, each one of us is a fount of wisdom, inspiration, and beauty and Truth is so much with us, that we often forget that it is often disguised as "unlikely sources".

In short, I try and make this particular journal MY journal from start to finish. I will even include pictures from magazines that I find particularly inspiring. Most of all, I write in my own language about the Law of Attraction and the "future me" I am even now evolving into. I create "scripts" that I rehearse and practice and attempt to act out. I figure that I am acting anyway, so I might as well act what I want to be.

I have nothing against Rhonda Byrne or The Secret. I loved her movie and created a workshop around it and I formed two study groups based on her book. The challenge I have with this particular item is that in a way, it still belongs to Rhonda Byrne. She has included quotes that resonated with her. Everything is geared toward her and what she feels are "key points" in remembering and they may very well be but do you resonate...do you gravitate...do your vibrations align with the content she has included or do you vibrate with something other?

Am I making sense here?
Do you understand what I am trying to get at?

I have hundreds upon hundreds of books with various parts of the book underscored and highlighted and encircled with arrows and stars but until I put those words into my own language and make them my own, they do not belong to me. I must embody them, experiment with them, apply them, speak of them...I MUST BECOME THEM...and when I do, I will remember a part of me that always was. I am no longer attempting to make something happen, I am letting what ALREADY is, be.

That's the challenge with the Secret. People are trying to be wealthy, healthy, and successful instead of remembering that they already are WEALTH, they already are HEALTH, they already are SUCCESS and FUlFILLMENT and BEAUTY and TRUTH. But I guarantee if you start creating your own journal and embodying that which you truly desire, those desires will come forth for the simple and wonderful reason, you already are that which you desire.

Again, I'm not knocking the product. I'm not knocking the reviewers who found this useful. I'm not knocking you if you decide you're going to make this purchase. I'm just giving you a few suggestions of things you just might be remembering as true.

After reading this review, burn it from your mind...burn it from your sight...and from those ashes, just BE the information you wish to convey. Do that now with all the things that seem to give you inspiration, hope, and joy because in a very real way, the only reason why you gravitated toward this review and those books is because YOU gave them life in the first place.

Whatever you decide to do, just know that Love, Light, and Laughter are ALWAYS on your side.

Peace & Blessings,
john, 'the Light Coach'

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, January 15, 2008
This review is from: The Secret Gratitude Book (Hardcover)
This little book is everything I need to keep on track. The cover is very elegant and the introduction is a great reminder on gratitude. It was well worth the money spent and the enjoyment to come.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that special for $12.95, April 12, 2012
This review is from: The Secret Gratitude Book (Hardcover)
Honestly you don't NEED this book/journal, but it is nice to have. Basically it is a blank journal with an 8-page intro by Rhonda Byrne with some tips you can implement for the gratitude process (like saying "Thank you" 20 times before writing in the journal) and then 180-ish pages to write in. That makes this journal last 90 days or 3 months if you write in it daily and use 1 of each page per day.

If you buy this and USE it, then you can't go wrong. Using and sticking with the technique is what counts, whether you write things you are thankful for on a napkin, a white board or in this journal. What you don't want is a book that you will end up jotting down your to-do list, or storing tax receipts in, so if having a specific book to write in will help you stay focused and centered then this is probably a good start.

The idea is that the left-hand pages are for "Gratitude Now" entries and the right-hand pages are for "Gratitude Intentions", so every day you list what you are grateful for what you have on the left side, and what you want on the right side.

The page design is such that at the top of the page are the words "Gratitude Now" or "Gratitude Intentions" depending on what page you are on, and on one of the side borders a word for "Thank you" is in another language (Danke, Tanu, etc.). At the bottom of alternating pages is a gratitude item, not really a quote, from Rhonda Byrne to keep you focused or inspire you for the day ("Thank you for the great news that is coming to me today.").

There are 3 pages from quotes from writers and teachers at the very end of the book.

I would have preferred to have a quote from a teacher on each page, but as this is a gratitude journal, I guess the provided gratitude affirmation/saying is appropriate.

The book is small, which I like somewhat as it is very portable, and the magnetic closure is convenient - and pretty strong! It feels good in the hand and looks like an ancient leather book with embossed words for "Thank you" in different languages on the cover.

The pages are lined, which with my handwriting is a must! The lines stop well within 1/4-3/8 of the page edge so you don't have to cram or squeeze your writing all the way to the crease or the page edge.

The paper quality seems very good and is of a good thickness.

I'm not sure if I will use it, have had it for a day and have been carrying it around - deciding if I will write in it or give it away as a gift to a true devotee.

All in all, I would probably be happier with a blank journal like many other reviewers, or one with more quotes. Other than looking pretty cool, any journal could serve the same purpose of writing your Gratitude items, but **possibly** having this journal could provide some format and discipline for someone who needs it or who wants something visibly connected with "The Secret."

Remember, Einstein, Churchill and Edison did NOT have this book and look how well they did :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was looking for, November 9, 2009
This review is from: The Secret Gratitude Book (Hardcover)
I bought this along with "The Secret" book and DVD and also "The Secret to Teen power." I thought it was going to be more like a workbook with ideas of how to put the secret to work but instead it is more like a blank diary with a few motivational quotes thrown in here and there. Very nicely made but could make due with a $3 diary from Wal'Mart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grateful I Bought It!, January 28, 2008
This review is from: The Secret Gratitude Book (Hardcover)
I am so glad I purchased this book. I take it with me everywhere. Having read the book "The Secret", it is most helpful in recording the many things for which I am thankful. It is compact enough to travel easily and helps me to stay focused. While I have other journals, the ability to keep this one with me at all times, allows me to record my thoughts while they are fresh. Without a doubt I record in it on a daily basis. It is a perfect addition to my lifestyle. I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The tool for a daily habit that serves me well, December 3, 2010
This review is from: The Secret Gratitude Book (Hardcover)
I wrote in my book Mental Tricks for Endurance Runners and Walkers about the value of keeping a gratitude diary. The Secret Gratitude Book is my favorite tool for this. Yes, you could type your gratitude statements on a computer every day. But there is something extra-meaningful about the kinesthetic process of writing your statements with a pen. And, yes, you could buy any blank-pages book to use in place of The Secret Gratitude Book. But there is something extra-rewarding about writing your gratitude statements in a book as attractive as this, with a different comment about gratitude on every pair of pages. I love, too, the "Gratitude Now" and "Gratitude Intentions" page pairs. These paired pages make me focus on what I have now *and* on what I am in the process of attracting. I keep buying this book because it works. So here is my suggestion: Buy one copy of this book. Complete a pair of pages every day until the end of the book. See whether your life has changed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, June 19, 2009
This review is from: The Secret Gratitude Book (Hardcover)
The book, itself, is lovely. But it is JUST a journal. With blank pages. I thought it would be more of a "workbook," with guidance from the author. Nope. Just pretty little blank pages. Disappointing, as I'm not a big journaling person.

The Secret Gratitude Book
The Secret Gratitude Book by Rhonda Byrne (Hardcover - December 11, 2007)
$19.99 $11.29