Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Secret Life Of Billy Chase
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

on March 13, 2012
I first discovered Comicality's Billy Chase series in January 2011. I had seen references to Billy and his diary in various places on the web, but for some reason I never took the time to check it out. But then I landed on Comicality's site one day, and after devouring several of his other stories I realized that I had been missing out big time! So I dove in and immediately read the first 250 chapters as fast as I could go. I highly recommend this Kindle version, especially if you are new to Comicality's writing. Since it follows Billy's diary entries there's always a convenient place to break off when you have to; it would be perfect reading while riding the bus or train, or just killing time between classes or something. You'll be addicted to Comicality's writing too!
on March 12, 2012
I have to say I am a bit biased, I have been following Comicality for years, and am thrilled to see he has joined the self-publishing bandwagon. The style of his stories are unique, Comicality's narratives tend to be very stream of consciousness, and will not be appreciated by every reader.

I find that this author has a deep insight into the inner-workings of the teen mind and a powerful gift at communicating the intensity/angst/drama that is the life of all teenagers onto the page. This style, and this story will really draw you in.

If you enjoy coming-of-age or coming out or first love stories then this one is not to be missed.
on February 22, 2015
I absolutely LOVED this look into a gay teenager's life! Happy, sad, comical and all of it done in such an heartfelt way! Yes, I know that some of the observations and advice that Billy and his friends give were more in depth than I would expect a teenage that age to have but it didn't diminish the overall good read that ii is. After all, we're talking about young teenagers coming of age and with hormone overloads! It's OK - I sometimes felt like I was reading what an adult was thinking through the eyes of a teenager and that's OK. A brilliant twist! I remember having many of those thoughts when I was that age but it was a different time and place. However, the feelings were the same. Such an enjoyable read! I hope all of you enjoy it as much as I did. There are some critics on here who love to shred every little nuance that might be an error such as the school seemingly having no holiday time off. OK, that may be but it didn't distract from my overall enjoyment of the series. Another reviewer was a little concerned about the grammatical and punctuation errors that appeared more frequently in the last three books of the series. Again, they were minor and I easily overlooked them as I went on to enjoy the overall depth of what was being written. They were so easy to overlook and just enjoy the WHOLE story! I can't say enough good things about this read. Read it but you have to read it from book one all the way through or you will lose the continuity of the whole story.
on October 20, 2013
If you ever wanted to immerse yourself in a riveting gay teen soap opera, here is your chance. But you have to start with Book One. Trust me, you won't regret it. I called in sick to work for an entire week because I couldn't stop reading Billy's journals. All seven of them. And it was worth it, too! Highest recommendation. You really can't go wrong by reading any of Comicality's stories. He is a master storyteller, a consummate entertainer. I guess my only complaint would be that I wish he could write new material faster than I can read it.....
on June 7, 2015
I just stumbled upon this "Secret Life of Billy Chase" series and I'm so glad I did. I'm also glad I discovered this after the entire series had already been published. I can't imagine having had to wait for the next installment.

This is the bittersweet story about a year in the life of a closeted, gay teenage boy. With terrific character development we follow Billy in his first year of high school by way of his private, nightly journal entries as he looks for love and acceptance.

I devoured all seven books in the series. The emotional turmoil that Billy endured on an almost daily basis affected me deeply. Vicariously, I lived Billy's highs and his heartaches.

Don't let the numerous typos bother you. They certainly didn't detract from my overall reading enjoyment.

Thank you "Comicality" for this marvelous ride, terrific story telling and wonderful writing. You have a new fan.
on December 15, 2012
This is just as though you have been thrust into the mind of Billy. He natters on, he obsesses over things, worries about important things, and fears some things so greatly, he ignores them. Just like any one. There will come a point in the story, that you know what is coming for one of the characters, but solider on, its not as bad as you think it will be. The story ends on a cliff hanger, just like actual life, and now I need to buy the second book!
on April 24, 2015
The author writes realistically about students in their freshman year of high school. Once you get into it, it's really hard to put down.

Billy, the main character is gay and still "in the closet".

Everything is told from the perspective of nightly entries he makes in a diary. It has three ongoing themes: his love life/relationships (or lack of), school, and parents.

There are a handful of straight characters, in particular Billy's best friend Sam, but most of the important characters are gay. Nevertheless, all the characters seem real, and in particular, I found I cared a lot about the main character. Billy tends to make quite a few mistakes along the way, and at times I felt like shouting, "Billy, DON"T do that!". When things get rough, you have to remind yourself, this is only fiction -- it didn't happen. Otherwise you'll be looking for facial tissue.
on January 4, 2013
If you are a fan of Comicality's work, you should like this series of books about Billy Chase. They get a bit wordy at times, but definitely in the style and vernacular of a teenager. This is the kind of book you can read for a while, put down, pick up later, and get right back into the trials and tribulations of this likeable character. Very enjoyable.
on November 8, 2015
I started reading Billy Chase's first book some weeks ago and I have to say I am almost addicted by now having reached volume six. I'm not sure how Comicality (whoever THAT is) does it but he manages to be convincing throughout and what emerges is a gradually developing teenager with a huge heart and a hyper-sensitive nature surrounded by people he mostly loves and cares for but who constantly confuse and surprise him (and often us too). He is constantly struggling to come to terms with his sexuality and everything that life throws at him. Sometimes he wins and sometimes he loses, and very occasionally he makes ghastly mistakes (you see them coming with dread) but it's not often that you don't end up on his side. I totally love these books and I have grown to love the characters in them almost as much as Billy does. When I get to volume eight and run out of new volumes to read I am going to be quite grief-stricken. I hope Billy keeps up his wonderful journal for ever and ever!
on May 7, 2016
An interesting diary of a gay 15 year old with all the angst of adolescence. But high school must. Have changed since I was there since it seems like all the boys are gay or bi. Some sex scenes so probably not for real young kids. I found the diary interesting and a sneak peek into the mind of a gay teen who doesn't really know what he wants or who he loves.