5.0 out of 5 stars A Cinematic Masterpiece of Epic Proportions...
Published 11 months ago by Henry Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Half good
Half of the season is quite silly. Droid arc, Jedi kids arc, and Ahsoka's potential romance arc wasted. At some point I felt I was looking at a kid's channel. It seems that they decided to make a season made with fillers intead of doing Star Wars. It is a shameful thing.

If you have a Samsung bluray, it will get stuck with constant freezing. Of course it is...
Published 7 months ago by R. L. Arias

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cinematic Masterpiece of Epic Proportions..., August 12, 2013
The fifth season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars improved on its predecessors in every way. The storytelling quality of each arc emulates the passion and effort that the crew puts in to bring us the best possible Star Wars we can get. This season is also the most satisfying to long-time viewers since it brings closure to a lot of stories that have been ongoing for a long time. If you have never watched any of the series, DO NOT SKIP TO THIS SEASON. If you are new to The Clone Wars, I would advise purchasing Season One or the Complete Box Set, which contains the entire series in all of its five-season glory.

To try to analyze the season in its entirety would be a difficult task so I will break it down by arc...

The Onderon arc:

This arc served as a continuation to a plot thread introduced midway through Season Three. While sneaking behind enemy lines with Padme in an attempt to end the Clone War, Ahsoka is introduced to the idea that the Separatists aren't evil. This concept is embodied by Lux Bonteri, a boy Ahsoka's age and the son of Mina Bonteri (a Separatist and old mentor of Padme's). This storyline began as a political intrigue to show the effects that propaganda have on each side's soldiers while also serving to demonstrate to kids that not everything is black and white. An episode in Season Four also continued to deal with this friendship and also chose to deal with Ahsoka's feelings towards Lux being more than platonic. The arc that kicks off Season Five brings this story to a head, when her feelings for Lux directly contradict her duties as a Jedi. The arc plays out in a very cinematic fashion (as all five arcs in this season do) and it leaves Ahsoka with much clarity about relationships, as her story continues to build.

The Younglings arc:

This is Star Wars! Many will critique this arc for being childish when the only "childish" thing about it is that the protagonists are, themselves, children. If you are looking for The Clone Wars to feel like the original three Star Wars films, this is the story for you. It puts Ahsoka in the mentor position and this serves as her penultimate story arc. The children have a base adjective that will help you tell them apart (if you're not one to keep up with Star Wars names). This arc serves as a standalone, besides the appearance of fearless pirate leader, Hondo Ohnaka. This is a great arc to watch in preparation for the BONUS CONTENT, which follows up Season Five, since Hondo remains central to the "Rogues Gallery" aspect of The Clone Wars and he has had dealings with a young Boba Fett in previous seasons that are acknowledged towards the end of this arc.

The Astromech arc:

Don't be discouraged by the lineup of characters that we follow in this arc. There are some lessons to be learned in these episodes. Again, they are extremely cinematic and Stephen Stanton really brings a lot of weight to the pint-sized colonel, Meebur Gascon. This arc completely stands alone from the rest of the episodes and is a great ride (especially when all watched together).

The Maul arc:

Darth Maul?! I thought he died in The Phantom Menace! Go back a few seasons, get caught up, and then you won't care about reading a review of this arc. After the end of Season Four, you'll just watch it.

The Ahsoka arc:

I am hoping this eventually gets its own Blu-ray release so I can review it as a film because that's what it is. This arc remains my favorite piece of Star Wars media since Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. Star Wars has always been my favorite movie franchise and for many reasons. But making me cry has never been one of them. This arc succeeds, for the first time, at making me cry at something Star Wars-related. It's a great feeling and not one I would expect to get from this series. This arc also features an appearance from the best character to come out of The Clone Wars (she was mysteriously absent from the Maul arc).

Please buy this season and you will be genuinely entertained. UNLESS YOU'VE NEVER SEEN ANY OF THE CLONE WARS. Then, go watch from the beginning. This show deserves a lot more praise than some of the movies in the cinema from the last five years.

5.0 out of 5 stars The series has now come full circle..., March 3, 2013
Ash501st (Sacramento, California) - See all my reviews
I can remember seeing the announcement trailer for the clone wars way back before anyone knew anything about what we were about to experience. I can remember pretty vividly sitting at the theaters watching Star Wars The Clone Wars with my friends, and I have absolutely enjoyed each season after that theatrical experience. Now here we are 5 seasons later, each season has been amazing, and season after season they somehow manage to keep getting better and better. I am writing this review after having now seen the entire 5th season and I must say that it has not only been better than the last 4 seasons, but it has managed to take the series to a whole new level.

The show this season has been heavily based on continuing the story, and not only that but it has started to end characters and their part in the Clone Wars. This season has been all about story arcs and taking the show to the next level in the Clone Wars. As the season comes to a close you can really see it leading up to Episode III, you can see everything start to unfold, and what does that mean for our favorite characters like Ahsoka? Well with out spoiling anything by the end of the finale you will know how it all comes together. This season has had 2 of my favorite episodes, they were made with amazing quality, myself and my friends sat in astonishment at some of the events that unfolded, and by the end of the finale I had tears starting to swell in my eyes which is something that rarely happens in an episode of the Clone Wars.

The journey has started to come to it's end, and with the way this season ended it could have very well been the last, but we know there is more to come. I couldn't help but reflect on the events that have happened and the adventures that the characters have all gone through starting with the movie. The Grand Army of the Republic finally bears a resemblance to the evil empire we know it will soon become, the show has fleshed out the events prior to Episode IV better than the prequel trilogy did in many respects, you walk away from the end of this thinking to yourself "it all makes sense now, I know why Anakin did what he did".

I really reflected on the events of the movie when Anakin meets Asoka for the first time, and as the two of them walk away together Obi-Wan says "Let's just hope Anakin is ready for this responsibility." And Yoda replies saying "Ready he is, to teach an apprentice. To let go of his pupil, a greater challenge it will be." Now here at the end of season 5 we now see this unfold, what a great series this has been, what a great season, and what a great finale. It ended unlike any episode prior, I get the same tears in my eyes thinking about the final moment, and then the screen fading to black, and the credits coming for the first time in silence...

May the force be with you, always...

-Ash

5.0 out of 5 stars Clone Wars at its Best, August 3, 2013
This is without a doubt the best season of The Clone Wars series. It's great come back from a rather disappointing season 4 and is pact with action and excitement. The stunning animation, sincere performances, and solid stories will captivate audiences of all ages. Among other things, season 5 shows just how physically, mentally, and emotionally strong Ahsoka is, which was a joy to watch. Experiencing the unique friendship between characters and their journey throughout the series is a wonderful reminder of why audiences are so captivated by Clone Wars. Congratulations are in order to the cast and crew of Star Wars: The Clone Wars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Season - Why did they Cancel the Show?, March 12, 2013
Smart Reader (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I'm not going into detail how amazing this series has been, because if you're reading this, you already know how fantastic and how addictive Star Wars, The Clone Wars The Series has been. Furthermore, I have really grown to love so many characters on this show. I love Ahsoka Tano because she is always brave and she always wants to do what is best for others. And I even came to really like Asajj Ventress because she had so much spunk and personality, and even humor about her. And, I really liked that she had decided to change from her evil ways.
As of now, Season 5 has been the absolute best of all of the seasons. I was really, really looking forward to a 6th season until I found out that the show HAS BEEN CANCELLED!! Oh, how could they do this?? Because they are making Star Wars Episode 7? That's a poor excuse, but apparently that may have something to do with it. But, I did hear that the studio wants to make some kind of bonus arc episodes. I hope it's true. Probably it will be on DVD, but I guess we'll have to wait, and probably will have to wait a year to find out.
I have to say looking back on this Season, I saw some major changes/shifts in this Season. It made me wonder how they were going to continue the series. For example: All of Death Watch was mostly destroyed/dismantled, Obi Won's love interest was killed, Savage Opress was killed, Asajj Ventress was no longer the hateful revenge seeking person that she was, Ahsoka Tano decides to leave the Jedi Order after she is blamed and nearly convicted of murder, treason, etc. The finale ends with Anakin Skywalker stating that he had the same kind of feeling - that he too thought about leaving the Jedi Order. Well, it's been a great run, and I'm still sad that they decided to cancel the show. I just hope now, that this season will come out on DVD so that I can buy it. I've really enjoyed the show.

5.0 out of 5 stars The clone wars was just getting good!!!! Still an amazing animated series, August 30, 2013
Unfortunately, after the clone wars series was canceled, it took me a while to calm down as i felt betrayed by the acquisition of lucasfilm by disney. After that shock and disappointment wore off i could reflect on the series as a whole. This season was by far the darkest and most akin to the way the galaxy is by the time we get to revenge of the sith. There is corruption and deception everywhere and in season 5 we FINALLY get to see darth sidious, in all his sith glory. Many supporting characters meet their end in season 5, and those who do go out do so in not quite the way you would think. There are surprises and disappointments, like the droid arc that was painful to watch it was so boring. Some cool highlights in the final season of the clone wars were, the youngling jedi arc, the darth maul arc, and the finale ahsoka arc which was probably the most gut wrenching i've seen. That was a very somber note to leave on but i am very excited that we are still getting bonus episodes of what would have been season 6. The previews for which look amazing as the clone wars has never looked more movie-like. Over the 5 seasons that this show was broadcast, i fell in love with heroes and villains. Many new characters introduced in the show such as cad bane, hondo anaka, savage opress, and of course some of the main clones just added to the amazing expansion of the universe we all love. By the end after all episodes are finally revealed, i hope we'll know more about order 66, sifo dyas, and about the many mysteries of yoda. This show was monumental as i think it broadened the possibilities of star wars, not only visually but also in the storytelling as well. It was sad to see the season end and the clone wars chapter close, but i can always look back on this show as an awesome part of the star wars saga and say it made me an even more hardcore fan than i was previously. This is a show that i can enjoy as well as introduce to my children. Its fun and exciting for everyone of all ages, and that's what star wars has always been perfect at.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yet Another Mixed Bag (slight spoilers), February 18, 2014
I continue to be baffled by the reviews that say "the best season ever!" and "loved every episode!" Nonsense. Like every prior season, Season Five of The Clone Wars is a mixed bag. I would even go so far as to say this year's bag is more mixed than the last -- meaning not as good or compelling. Season Four had a lot of variety and a lot of interesting and intense episodes (some stand-alone; others part of a series). Almost all of Season Five episodes are parts of series -- looooong series (3-4 episodes), and not always that engaging. I watched these with my 8 year old son and (sometimes) 6 year old daughter. We were pretty bored by the opening episodes, and the group of episodes with a band of misfit robots on a secret mission commanded by a loud-mouthed tiny guy were mostly obnoxious (until they found and rescued the clone, which heated things up and brought the series to a welcome end). My son really enjoyed the series with the young Jedi in training (naturally). We kept waiting/wondering when Darth Maul would show up again, but it seemed like we had to wait until the season was almost over. Ahsoka wrongly accused and on the run was an interesting twist, and I had a feeling Ventress would re-appear, but overall there were no episodes as engrossing as the Season Four Mon Calamari or Umbara series (my all-time favorite).

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb action mixed with a lot of filler, December 27, 2013
The whole season is worth watching simply for the chance to see Darth Maul back in action and to see Darth Sidious "put in work" with his light sabre! The fight between Sidius, Maul and Savage Opress was colossal!! Wow! Best I've seen in a SW movie or cartoon to date. OTHERWISE, there are groups of linked episodes in this series (such as the Droid mission) that are worthless and apparently were put in as filler between the Maul stories.

4.0 out of 5 stars Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 5, March 28, 2014
Children enjoy the series especially with Anakin and Ashoka.

Entertaining for them and enjoyable for the parents.

They have seen Episode I, V and VI.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like to watch with my kids all the Clone Wars:), March 4, 2014
Bob (California) - See all my reviews
We have fun watching the Clone Wars. Whenever there is nothing to watch or much to do we watch Clone Wars. It doesn't happen often, but is a back up plan. Looking forward to part 6:)

5.0 out of 5 stars DARTH MAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, March 4, 2014
This was one of the best seasons especially the end. I cant wait for the next season. Huge star wars fan and I have a little one so watching this together is great. This season shows you the true power of Darth Sidious, not that lame fight scene in Episode 3 between Sidious and Windu.

Secret Weapons