1,010 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Movie for the Whole Family
About halfway through this movie I looked over my 8 year old daughter, and almost 12 year old son, to my husband and said, "I can't believe I'm getting goosebumps from a Tinker Bell movie."

Yes. Goosebumps.

Published on October 14, 2012 by Randi Morse

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute Movie, but DVD skips out of the box
First off, my kids and I loved this movie. We now have all four Tink movies, and we will probably buy the next one as well. No violence, easy to relate to, beautiful imagery, and enough little things for both children and adults to enjoy.

Published 22 months ago by LuxuryShopper

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Movie for the Whole Family, October 14, 2012
This review is from: Secret of the Wings (DVD)

Yes. Goosebumps.

My daughter and I have watched all the Tinker Bell movies in the franchise, and have even watched the specials on the Disney channel. I have to say that we've loved all the movies, but I think Secret of the Wings is now my favorite.

I won't bore you with the synopsis, as you can read it above, but I will tell you about what we liked,

-New characters!! Not only do we get to see all the favorites, we get lots of brand new characters as well, including Periwinkle (of course), Dewey (the Keeper), Lord Milori (voiced by Timothy Dalton! Yes!), and a host of new friends from the Winter Woods.

-No bad guys. I realized when I was watching this that there are no bad guys in a Tinker Bell movie! There are bad things that happen (and an occasional stray cat), but there is really no one bad guy. I love that! I love that it teaches my daughter that bad things can happen but if you work together, and think outside the box (like Tink), you can solve almost any problem.

-Personal sacrifice. As one of the other reviewers here remarked, there is a moment of personal sacrifice made by Tinker Bell that truly makes the film. It shows that while her main focus is getting to know Periwinkle, she cares more about all of the fairies, and the great pixie dust tree, than her own wishes.

-Great music. I'm still singing..."and the great divide...doesn't seem so wide..." although I do miss the Celtic music from the previous movies.

-The story! How can I put this last? The story is FANTASTIC. Simple enough that children can understand it, and complex enough that adults will enjoy it (note: my husband and I were going "Ooooh - I know what's gonna happen" as there is quite a bit of foreshadowing, but it didn't ruin the movie at all!"

All in all, the entire family has marked this as one of the best Tinker Bell movies yet! Even the animation is getting better (the bobcat looks so real!).

Thanks, Disney, for making an amazing franchise - so...when's the next movie?!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful movie with a moment of personal sacrifice by Tinkerbell, September 5, 2012
This review is from: Secret of the Wings (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy) (Blu-ray)
I saw this movie with my new children on September 2012 at El Capitan in Los Angeles (a special showing). My three year-old daughter and my five year-old son sat there mesmerized for the duration of the whole movie. This movie has a beautiful story-line and wonderful execution. If Disney had touched up the scenery ("background") a little more, it could have easily been ready for theaters. Even as is, the winter scenery is well done. I actually think this movie might be my favorite of the four tinkerbell movies (and I have watched each of them several times with my kids).
The story includes a beautiful moment of personal sacrifice by Tinkerbell. She "gives up" something she values greatly to save those she loves (I cannot reveal details without spoiler alert). What a wonderful lesson for young ones! I would recommend this highly to any parent with a young son or daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another magical Tinker Bell adventure, October 21, 2012
I have to admit that Disney's Tinker bell movies have become something of a guilty pleasure for me. I say "guilty pleasure" because I'm a 41 year old male - hardly Disney's target audience for the Tinker Bell movies! What's more, I can't even use the "I watched this with my kids" excuse cos I don't have any!! But I believe these movies can be enjoyed by people of any age - male or female! I watched Secret of the Wings last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, and it's easily as good as the other 3 movies, possibly the best yet. My favourite so far was TB and The Lost Treasure, but this could easily surpass that after further viewings. It's wintry setting with all the snow and ice really give the film an enchanting, magical feel. I watched this on Blu-ray (2D) and the picture quality - as expected from Disney - is amazing. The winter setting with it's icy whites and cool blues really look great. This film really deserves to be seen in HD. All of the animation is top notch too - everything from the characters to the beautiful falling snow looks great. Don't think for a minute that because this is a straight-to-video release Disney have knocked out a sub-par release. This looks just as good as most other CG animated films that get the full theatrical release. FYI this film was at one point known as "Tinker Bell and the Mysterious Winter Woods". I will definitely be watching this again soon, and have no doubt that younger viewers could easily watch it many, many times. There's also trailer on this disc for the next TB adventure coming in Spring 2014...I can't wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Movie!, October 10, 2012
I was able to review this movie last night with the kids and all I can say is that it was an amazing film. The artists at Disney have re-created a beautiful world for the fairies and have introduced a brand new set of fairy friends into the mix. I loved the concept of the movie. I also loved the change from Winter to Summer that was shown in the movie. Tinker Bell shows great sacrifice in the movie, not only for herself, but also for all of Pixie Hollow. This sacrifice provides a great example of what it means to be family and a member of a community. I can say that the whole family thoroughly enjoyed watching this film and I already know that we will be watching it again and again in the months and years to come!

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Secret of the Wings' is the best Tinkerbell movie out of the 4., September 10, 2012
Cate C. (Altadena, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secret of the Wings (DVD)
We saw this movie at the El Capitan theater in Los Angeles this past weekend (9/9/12). It was very enjoyable, and my 5 year old daughter and her friend were mesmerized. I really enjoyed it myself as well. Looking forward to this movie coming out on DVD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another GREAT Disney Fairy movie!!, October 23, 2012
We love the Tinker Bell movies and this one did not disappoint. It was a wonderful story filled with adventure and fun. My 6 year old son and 3 year old daughter really enjoyed!!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 enthusiastic stars!!!, October 23, 2012
My daughter ADORES the Disney Fairies franchise. This movie was such a great addition. "The Pixie Hollows Games" short was very good as well. This movie keeps in the spirit of the other movies, and if you are a fan I highly encourage you to get it.

We try to get the digital copies because it helps to have them on our handheld devices while travelling. It's definitely a lifesaver!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep Getting Better, October 23, 2012
We started with Tinkerbell 3 and thought it was very good. My daughter (4) thought this was even better; a great story. They seem to get better with each one they make.

5.0 out of 5 stars best of the bells, October 23, 2012
This is by far the best of Tinkerbell films to be made. The DVD include among the bonus area a pair of music videos, the first time I believe a pixie preview short is place on a DVD and the made-for-TV special Pixie Hollow Games. I once heard that only four Tinkerbell movies were planned but this video also has a preview for a new Tinkerbell movie coming out in the Spring where Tink and her friend have an accident that results in them swapping powers and abilities.

The movie itself I think is the best Tinkerbell movie made yet. Like the first Tinkerbell movie we have Tink as curious now about the winter woods as she once was about the main land and just as much want to visit there. When Fawn need help herding animals there she thought she had her chance to explore. Just when her wings start to glow, Fawn pulls her back and tell her its against fairy law for Winter fairies to cross over to their side or warm fairies to cross over into winter. AS she tries to learn more about why her wings glowed she decide to stow away on the next owl pick up to the winter woods after re-designing the outfit she wore in Lost Treasure for winter warmth. It is there that she meets her sister and find out how much alike they are. Being sisters when their wings are put together they have a secret power no fairy has ever seen before. The two work together with a plan to try to convince the Lord of Winter and Queen Cleareon to resin the law about crossing over which like most of Tinkerbell's plans get worst before things get better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute Movie, but DVD skips out of the box, December 27, 2012

Unfortunately, the quality of the discs is sub-par. I can't speak for the Blu-Ray discs, as we don't actually own a blu-ray player, but the DVD skipped seven times right out of the box. Luckily, the digital copy is perfectly fine, and the skipping itself was slight instead of jarring. But for a brand new movie to do this is completely unacceptable.

Secret of the Wings (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy)
$39.99 $25.95