4.0 out of 5 stars After a few tweeks costume is great!
Published on October 19, 2011 by Ash

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh.
Cons:
This costume had a tacky plastic pauldron on one shoulder, I ripped it off and it looked much better.

The lacing comes with velvet on one side, it just does not look cute. My costume did not come with lacing for the back, so I just bought some black shoelaces and those worked wonders.

The front of the costume was WAY too short. I'm...
Published 23 months ago by Micala

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars After a few tweeks costume is great!, October 19, 2011
This costume was shipped very quickly. Ordered on a Saturday, recieved by Tuesday. Gloves are not as nice as what the picture shows. And of course the arm cuff was completely flat. But nothing a little time spent bent can't fix. The shorts are rediculously small. I ordered my costume in a medium and the shorts could probably comfortably fit my 6 year old neice. Upper part of the costume for sure runs a little larger than a normal meduim. Once string was taken out and re-"corseted" the costume is beautiful. I couldnt be happier.

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh., August 6, 2012
This review is from: Zac Snyder's Sucker Punch Secret Wishes Sweet Pea Costume (Apparel)
Cons:

The front of the costume was WAY too short. I'm tall(5'11"), and this costume exposes four inches of skin on my stomach. I got a small.

It also does not come with boot covers as it says, but rather thigh high stockings.

The gloves are complete crap. They seem like an afterthought, made of cheap material with poorly cut finger holes.

Pros:

It is still pretty sexy, It looks great with the black lace up boots I have.

The shorts that came with it fit me perfectly, and the stockings look decent. The costume part had nicer fabric than I expected.

Basically, plan on having cute boots, buying different gloves, laces, and perhaps a lacy low cut black shirt to go underneath it in case it's too short.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet pea costume, May 14, 2012
when i recieved my costume, I was very satisfied. It fits me perfectly! I purchased a medium (I wear a size 7 in pants and between a medium and large in shirts). The only thing that i would change would be the pauldron, probably bend it more into shape. But other than that, this costume is awesome and can be easily tweaked if you need to make a few changes. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Costume was great!, September 5, 2013
This was the perfect fit! i am 5'1 and about 125lbs.
the ONLY thing that ive read in previous reviews to be true was the awkward shoulder pad, the strap, and the gloves were cut terribly but its okay. Everything else looks awesome!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Shoulder pad, August 22, 2013
The shoulder pad is so cheap I am going to take it off. Its too flat and doesn't curve around your shoulder, looks super awkward.

3.0 out of 5 stars sexy costume, cheaply made, October 17, 2012
PROS:
-sexy
-costume and shorts fit me like a glove (unlike the actual gloves)

CONS:
-cheaply made
-"finger less" gloves are literally cheap polyester/lycra material with finger holes unevenly cut with a scissor and that's it...
-shoulder pad prop is a little odd but nothing covering it with my hair can't solve or figuring out how to shape it properly
-the thigh highs keep slipping off but i suppose all of them do that without a garter belt.

I would have rather paid $25-$30 for this rather than the $40 but what's done is done. would i order from this company again? if all of their costumes are made as cheaply as this one? Probably not, unless they bring down their prices.

2.0 out of 5 stars Costume Better for Smaller Sized Girls, April 29, 2012
I bought this costume. It was shipped very quickly to me, which was lovely, but overall, it was a little bit of a disappointment.

Both the arm warmers and the shorts that were provided with the costume were too small for me. I am not a very large woman, but I do have fairly robust hips, which apparently were not accounted for when I got this in the large size. The arm warmers were an easier fix, just a little snipping with a pair of scissors to get them to fit. The stockings fit nicely, and the main coat part of the costume was fairly good.

Do be warned that some of the eyelets on the bodice may be slightly detached, or can easily rip out if you pull too hard.

Overall, not terrible, but probably not worth the money if you aren't a size 0.

5.0 out of 5 stars For 30.00 it's a pretty hot costume!, May 28, 2014
I'm takin my 5 year old to Kids Day of Comic Con n I wanted something that was still sexy but not extremely revealing. (I've seen some of those costumes lol) I read the reviews forever before I decided which size to get. I recently lost "baby" weight and am at my pre baby size 10. However, I'm not tone/cut n I'm a 36DD naturally with hips. So I wasn't sure if I should get a large or medium. I figured the jacket could be relaced if needed (I didn't needed). I bought the medium n couldn't be happier. Even the shorts which seem like they run a size small, stretch. I can use every part of this outfit except for the shoulder medallion thing n the belt thingy. The only thing is your belly will show it's not like the picture. Otherwise for the money u can't beat it if you're jus using it for a fun event. It's not high quality material but, it gets the job done. I can still be sexy yet fully clothed. You will need a lace for the back of the coat tails on the costume tho.

3.0 out of 5 stars Yes & No, May 24, 2014
There's a shoulder appliqué thingy that just was too big, so I removed it. It has straps on the jacket that ripped almost immediately. Outside of that, it's a pretty cool costume.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's nice, December 6, 2013
For the price I paid I like it. I had to make some minor improvements on the gloves the way the fingers were cut. but that's it. Everything else fits.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›