4.0 out of 5 stars A favorite for early readers
Published on June 18, 2003 by pnoyce2

1.0 out of 5 stars Caution-Do Not Purchase Books if Any_Books is the Seller!
I ordered new set and paid for a new set and received a "used" set of books from any_books. The set is in very poor condition with even a stamp on it from a public school library. I would not buy from this company again and I would caution all readers to avoid purchasing any books if the seller is any-books.
Published 9 months ago by Cassandra Bissen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A favorite for early readers, June 18, 2003
This review is from: Secrets of Droon Box Set (Paperback)
Tony Abbott's Droon series engages kids far more than adults. To an adult the simplified, rather wooden language and characters can seem bland and boring. But events move quickly, odd characters proliferate, and a child is introduced to a land with its own geography, history, and rules. This is a great way to introduce an early reader to the pleasures of fantasy. The books increase in length and (slightly) in complexity, rewarding the child who is growing in proficiency. Droon can be a compelling first chapter book series-- my son has read each of 18 or so books at least three times. One note-- the books are easily appropriate for children younger than nine. Most second graders and many first graders will find them accessible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get them hooked on reading., August 28, 2005
This review is from: Secrets of Droon Box Set (Paperback)
My son was introduced to this series of books in his GT first grade class (he reads at about 3rd grade level). He loves these books and chews through them voraciously. There are a lot of thrills and excitemnt as the story's kids get into all kinds of fantastic danger and my son hates to stop each night to go to sleep. Sometimes he is so hooked he reads after school instead of playing. When he finishes one, he can't wait to start the next. Fortunately there are plenty. We now have 24.

As an adult, the stories seem kind of tame, but at 7 years old, my son gets a little bit scared with the Harry Potter and Unfortunate Events books. This is adventure he can handle without getting scared when the lights go off. The language in the books is not exactly easy, but it is simple enough to let him race through the books at a speed that keeps them exciting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Droon is fun for everyone !, January 3, 2003
This review is from: Secrets of Droon Box Set (Paperback)
In the last 2 years I have been reading The Secrets of Droon.Three Kids find a world underneth the staircase.Some books have surpives.I am nine in a half and I love them .Their advencers don't end soon .I am on the nineth book I won't stop till I finished all the books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for solid readers as young as first grade, June 29, 2005
This review is from: Secrets of Droon Box Set (Paperback)
This is a great series that my six year old son has fallen in love with. He easily read the first four books in a week and really enjoyed them. He begged me for the next set of four and immediately threw himself into a Super Special. I love anything that excites a child to read and captures their imagination. I would highly recommend this series. It seems to be about the same reading level as the Magic Tree House or Bailey School Kids series.

5.0 out of 5 stars scary movie 3, December 6, 2002
This review is from: Secrets of Droon Box Set (Paperback)
if you like adventurous storys you will surely love THE SECRETS OF DROOM 3kids found a new magicl world were they meet a princess and new friends on the way there are also meet lord sparr the meanst man on earth but they want to go but they can't ontil they finsh there adventure. this story will thrill you because they get in scary soulotions. so read them today.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son LOVES this series, best since we found the Magic Treehouse.., April 11, 2006
Hammerton (St. Petersburg, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secrets of Droon Box Set (Paperback)
My Son is a voracious reader when you find books he loves. He fell in love with Magic Treehouse and read all 34 books and started reading them a second time. Unfortunately it's very difficult to find interesting books and I spend lots of time researching the best books for him.

I have also bought 100's of books giving him an opportunity to have books of various types and authors within reach in his room. He will read one in a series and if he doesn't like it he moves on.

Well so far the only series of books he's fallen in love with are Magic Treehouse (34 books total), Black Lagoon Adventures (7 books total) and finally the Secrets of Droon. He generally reads one Magic Treehouse and one Secrets of Droon per night and we will soon run out of books, and I hope to find something as good that will continue to capture my childs imagination.

He's currently on book #9 in Secrets of Droon and book #17 in Magic Treehouse (for the second time). I have not read these books but my son tells me the Secrets of Droon is easier reading than the Magic Treehouse, which is odd considering the Magic Treehouse is a level 2 book and Secrets of Droon is a level 3 book.

He's in kindergarten, but reads both series of these books very comfortably so I question them really being level 2 and 3. One down side is that it does not have the facts like Magic Treehouse, it's amazing what a young one learns while reading them, but it's not all about learning it's about loving to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars I remeber my first 1 still by jordan, December 12, 2005
This review is from: Secrets of Droon Box Set (Paperback)
I was about 8 or 9 when I walked into a book store with my mother and I was looking for the fourth or fifth Harry Potter book. What I didn't know was that I'd have to wait 3 more years for it or 2. Now I'm 12. Anyway I ask where's the Rest of the Harry Potter series and she reccomended these because I had nothing left to read. My mom buys them for me and I finished them in a day. It was a fun and short read and I liked the illustration. Good book for young children.

5.0 out of 5 stars These got me started on the fantasy genre,, April 21, 2006
This review is from: Secrets of Droon Box Set (Paperback)
This was my first fantasy-esque series. Now I am trying to get my little sister to read them, in a hope that she will not read those stupid books about spoiled teens later, like so many classmates of mine do. These are great books for unwilling readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first chapter books for fantasy lovers, March 4, 2007
A. L. Macchiarulo "ALM" (Sands Point, New York USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secrets of Droon Box Set (Paperback)
I got these for my first grader who had progressed beyond the Frog and Toad and Ricky Ricotta series. These books are much harder reading with long words that wrap at the end of lines. The stories are great! My son is eager to read them and tries very hard. Currently he needs some help reading them, but I think because of his desire to read them he will shortly be able to read them entirely alone.

After finishing the first book my son immediately asked to start the second; A first for him. I am looking forward to him enjoying the entire series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series!, August 5, 2003
S. Johnson "dallet6" (LIBERTY LAKE, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secrets of Droon Box Set (Paperback)
My daughter loves these books and reads each one in one day! Highly recommend for 7-10 age group

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Secrets of Droon Box Set
Secrets of Droon Box Set by Tony Abbott (Paperback - November 1, 2002)
Used & New from: $25.00