5.0 out of 5 stars "Great set from one of the smoothest"
Great set from one of the smoothest cats in the universe. Marion and his fellow music makers get better with each release. Each song is dynamite (with the only exception being track 3 because I'm not crazy about the vocals) but the real highlights are tracks 8, 10 and 12 (track 12 is a nice twist to a great Metheny/Mays tune). I guarantee you'll love this CD!
Published on June 17, 2009 by Patrick Houlihan

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a ok album
The Shade Tree is the best cut on the album and that is done by Impromp2 who's album "It Is what It Is " Is the best I have heard in years
Published on April 17, 2010 by Brotha Love

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars "Great set from one of the smoothest", June 17, 2009
This review is from: Secrets (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just about the best smooth jazz album out right now...., October 1, 2009
This review is from: Secrets (Audio CD)
Wow... that's all I can say after listening to Marion's Meadow new release. The melodies are so infectious and alluring. My favorite tracks are 2,8,9,10 and 11. However, the others are keep the album going to the point where there is never a dull moment. This album is actually slightly better than Dressed to Chill, and that is an album that is hard to top. But Mr. Meadows has managed to keep getting better and better. His harmonies are golden and his style is smooth and sexy. When I saw him live, his true talent was only confirmed in the flesh. I hope that Mr. Meadows stays in the game for a long while...

5.0 out of 5 stars Mz Chris in Detroit, October 26, 2009
This review is from: Secrets (Audio CD)
Sexy man Marion Meadows delivers on his latest CD Secrets. The CD is worth the purchase, the notes are pure and realistic. From the opening tune "Secrets" to the last note on "Here to Stay", this is a winner. I gaurantee when you listen to this CD, whether it's work, driving in a car or at home relaxing, you will enjoy the creativity of this gifted musician!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jazz Smoothie, September 10, 2009
This review is from: Secrets (Audio CD)
Just when you thought Marion was just hanging on, he floors you with a master piece. He is not selfish, he brings out the best in others. That Michael Franks captured my attention.

4.0 out of 5 stars Meadows' talent is certainly no secret!, August 27, 2009
This review is from: Secrets (Audio CD)
Secrets is a most creative, organic collection of moods and styles (no studio "additives" or "preservatives" such as drum machines and overdone synths), ranging from his tell-tale mid-tempo cuts like the opening and title track and "Soul Sugar," as well as "The Child In Me" (each of which comes at you with a different degree of smooth and suave self-assurance) to a mellow and rather spiritual nod demonstrated on "You Lift My Heart" (sung by Charlie Karp) to the exotically rhythmic "Sand Dancers," which requires a different style of dancing shoe (or maybe no shoes at all) with its swaying and very melodic island flavor. Then, there's the "slanky" funky-with-attitude "Playtime" (clearly one of my favs here) with its catchy hook and robust, effective vocals by Will Brock, who also wrote the tune. Yes, this production has the complete Marion Meadows feel, and, as usual, it feels great. -- Ronald Jackson, [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Marion Meadows, July 31, 2009
This review is from: Secrets (Audio CD)
I had not heard of Marion till I was recommended by a friend to have a listen and so I bought this cd. I was blown away by it , just loved it. Such easy listening music with great instrumentals .
Just loved it and will be buying more of this very talented man .

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank Marion, September 5, 2009
This review is from: Secrets (Audio CD)
Thank you for some wonderful music. I have been listening to this every day. I have just down loaded to my ipod. WOW!!! I love each track. I would love to see him perform in person. Gabby

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon.com rating of Marion Meadow's album Secrets, December 10, 2013
This review is from: Secrets (Audio CD)
I also own several of Marion Meadow's albums and I rate this one at the top of his recondings, because now I own about 9 of his CD's and I like his take on the horn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marion Meadows, January 30, 2013
This review is from: Secrets (Audio CD)
What a great musician and I love seeing him in concert. Hopefully he will visit our city of Roses soon.

Portland, Oregon

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, December 13, 2012
Aqua Jazz (Louisville, KY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secrets (Audio CD)
Marion Meadows is one of my favorite jazz musicians. If you like jazz sax, he is, in my opnion an excellent musician.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Secrets
Secrets by Marion Meadows (Audio CD - 2009)