5.0 out of 5 stars Unlock the Power of Intention in your everyday life
Published on December 19, 2004 by Star

2.0 out of 5 stars Power of Intention vs Secrets of the Power of Intention
I listened first to the Power of Intention, which was the reason I purchased the Secrets of the Power of Intention. I found the Secrets of the Power of Intention to be a long version of the Power of Intention, by far the Power of Intention is a disc that will fire up ones sense and the drive to learn more and more. The Secrets of the Power of Intention is BORING and...
Published on June 19, 2005 by Peter A. Martinelli

5.0 out of 5 stars Unlock the Power of Intention in your everyday life, December 19, 2004
This review is from: The Secrets of the Power of Intention (Audio CD)
This 6-disk audio set is an important component of Wayne Dyer's successful program, The Power of Intention, which also includes the PBS special (available on DVD) and the bestselling book. It takes the teachings presented in the shorter 4-hour program to the next level, making them more accessible and actionable. It is also a wonderful complement to the book, helping you absorb its lessons into the daily fabric of your life.

The main idea behind Wayne Dyer's Power of Intention program is that we are all connected to Intention, which is an all-powerful, all-pervading force in the universe. If we allow ourselves to purify our conneciton to this field of energy, we can achieve fulfillment of all our desires, find happiness and peace, and finally be able to enjoy life with a true sense of inner purpose. Dr. Dyer helps you realize that happiness comes from within, and our patterns of thinking have a lot to do with what types of things we attract into our lives.

You do not need to have seen or listened to any of Dyer's other programs or read his book in order to get full benefit out of this CD set. Everything you need to fully connect with his message is here. He takes you step by step through his teachings, from explaining the concept of intention and what it means to be connected to it, to how you can overcome internal barriers and limitations, and finally to "the seven faces of intention" (i.e. the thought patterns that can help you connect to the Power of Intention). Unlike in his shorter program, Dyer spends a lot of time here going through specific actions that you can take in order to turn your limiting thought patterns around. Some examples include overcoming your ego, being aware of the importance of energy in your life (and what types of things increase or lower your energy), and thinking from the end that you wish to achieve.

Whether you are familiar with The Power of Intention program or not, I would strongly recommend this audio set to anyone who is interested in changing their life for the better. One of the most important reasons for listening to these CDs on a regular basis is that they allow you to absorb the teachings much more into the fabric of your daily life than a DVD or a book would. Wayne Dyer becomes your companion and mentor, and as you listen to these CDs, your thought patterns very soon will begin to change, reflecting his positive teachings. By listening to his message, you'll have an opportunity to change your life for the better in subtle yet immediate and meaningful ways.

4.0 out of 5 stars Feed off of Wayne Dyer's energy, July 19, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Secrets of the Power of Intention (Audio CD)
First some context on myself: I'm a 24 year old male, employed as a software engineer.
For me, listening to these CDs was enjoyable and productive.
Much of what Wayne Dyer recommends, positive thinking, and an unselfish, ego-free outlook, were not a new idea to me. But it helps to hear these ideas again from such a dynamic individual who provides numerous examples of it working in his own life.
He is a bit unorganized in instructing specific ways to help yourself live the right way. For instance, it isn't until the fourth disc that he specifically mentions meditation as an essential daily practice. If it is so essential, why not emphasize it earlier on? I find Deepak Chopra's "Seven Spiritual Laws of Success" to be better focused in this regard.
Overall though, if you view his lectures as inspirational, albeit rambling, advice from a wise, "high on life" man, you won't be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Live Lectures You'll Want to Listen To, April 3, 2006
Barbara Rose (BornToInspire.com) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Secrets of the Power of Intention (Audio CD)
Dr. Dyer brings wonderful, life affirming truth in this companion 6 volume CD set to his book "The Power of Intention."

Even if you've read the book, listening to the CD's at any time can only enhance your consciousness and your life. Sometimes we may have heard things before, but were at a different place within than we might be today. Getting back to the basics, the truths and making it the most simple process that is life affirming is why I recommend this set. "Know that the universe is always willing to work with you on your behalf, and that you're always in a friendly, rather than a hostile, world."

I feel just that above statement alone can help a lot of people, and I hope it helps you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Intention = Attitude, April 22, 2005
This review is from: The Secrets of the Power of Intention (Audio CD)
Whether or not you've read Wayne Dyer's book, "The Power of Intention", you can benefit from the message on this CD set. If you DO read the book, I believe you'll get even more from Dyer's teachings about intention, and how to make it work in your life.

There have been hundreds of reviews written here on Amazon about the book. Lots of those reviews focused on Wayne Dyer himself, and not on the message he tries to convey. That's unfortunate, I think, because the message itself is important.

My interpretation of Dyer's message in "The Power of Intention" (both the CD's and the book) is: Intention is really all about ATTITUDE. YOUR attitude, and how you choose to look at, and think about, life.

Hey, we can ALL use an "attitude adjustment" from time to time. For that reason alone, the book is worth a read, and the CD's are worth a listen.

Reviewer: Linda Painchaud-Steinman, Park Edge Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Wayne W. Dyer scores again, October 13, 2005
E. Olt "WinnaWorks" (San Luis Obisp, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secrets of the Power of Intention (Audio CD)
This CD set is fabulous. Wayne just gets better and better the older he gets. So inspirational and his voice is terrific. The presentation comes from his heart. I certainly can highly recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great brain food, February 5, 2006
This review is from: The Secrets of the Power of Intention (Audio CD)
I try to choose what I allow into my mind carefully. I try to avoid all negative, fearbased, conversation, TV, radio, or print. I look at my past and learn, I also learn from personal development material, and take direction from alot of different teachers. Common denominators start to appear as I learn from these great thinkers. I see these laws of success, joy, contentment, purpose, etc; apear over and over again. I see them again here in Dr. Dyer's work. But this is not just another writing. Clearly this is Dr. Dyer's evolving journy and wisdom coming to be. Another step forward. The deflation of ego, and the beleif that all is energy and all energy comes from one source, amazing. I love listening to this at night before bed, just great brain food. Personal development is a big part of my life. Remain teachable and positive, and life will be rewarding.
Ernie Richardson wecreatelifestyles.com 888-783-5818

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 star rating, March 18, 2007
This review is from: The Secrets of the Power of Intention (Audio CD)
If I could give this a higher than 5 star rating, I would. This set is so easy to listen to over and over. I never tire of Dr. Wayne Dyer's true and heart felt stories. He personalizes the information so it is like talking with a good friend. He never preaches. He never talks down to anyone. Dr. Dyer tells it as it is, and with humor, tears, creativity, empathy, and warmth. He is a real deal. I ADORE this set. Get an extra for that person in your family that needs to hear this. Get a set for your kids, for your in-laws, for anyone you care about. Just GET it!

You'll be glad you did.

J Deelstra, author Blessings in the Mire

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for changing your outlook, March 8, 2007
Rugby2620 (Milwaukee,Wi) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secrets of the Power of Intention (Audio CD)
Much better than the original four disc that this series is based on. For the 1st time Dyer listener this would be a great intro to his teachings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cd set, January 18, 2007
This review is from: The Secrets of the Power of Intention (Audio CD)
Dr. Wayne Dyer brings to the cd collection what we already know but have seemed to forget about our existence in life. These cds have made a great impact on my life and with other people in my life that I have shared them with. I highly recommend getting this collection and anything else he might have on the market whether its his books or cds. He really helps you change your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effectively Changed My Life!, July 11, 2009
This review is from: The Secrets of the Power of Intention (Audio CD)
Ever wonder why some people are ALWAYS happy and some others NEVER happy? If I had not purchased Wayne Dyer's CD's, I'd still be STUCK in a negative thinking pattern! An old saying, "When the Student is READY, the teacher will be there!" came to mind when I listened to this set. Dyer shares his message; it is up to the individual to process and use it. The first time, four years ago, I listened to these CD's I was unmoved. I listened; probably didn't HEAR.

Recently, on a car trip, I packed these into my car, and began a journey that has changed my life through the realization that all of us have "what we need" within us, and we must tap into our power and our source. Within the private space of my comfortable car, and while I was driving and listening, I experienced a paradigm shift in the way I view life and relationships. I'd been stuck, I felt, and suddenly began to think in terms of "moving forward with positive energy" .......connect to our source.......tap into INTENTION. Something he said, triggered an awakening moment and I literally "felt" different.

I've listened and listened again to the 6 CD's and hear something new and helpful every time. I'm high on life......released the old burdens that held me back, and embraced new thoughts and opportunities which were dorment and waiting within. I am not shy about sharing this "wealth" with friends and family. At work, I was telling of my new focus and noticed that 3 people had gathered and were listening intently.......one asked to borrow the CD's.

Wayne Dyer is human, encouraging, filled with intention, and shares his life stories. I would highly recommend this set of CD's because of the positive effects I have experienced. I am so very thankful I had these when I was finally ready to change my life.

The Secrets of the Power of Intention
The Secrets of the Power of Intention by Wayne W. Dyer (Audio CD - March 1, 2004)
$34.95 $24.84