5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and practical
Mometrix has really done it this time! I'm a nursing student now thanks to this book they've published (and my friends, who suggested it in the first place)!

Published 13 months ago by Foam

2.0 out of 5 stars No secrets in this book
Published 5 months ago by Gwen M. Hernandez

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and practical, July 24, 2013
This review is from: Secrets of the TEAS® V Exam Study Guide: TEAS® Test Review for the Test of Essential Academic Skills (Paperback)

There's quite a lot of stuff from different topics one has study to successfully pass the TEAS test. What I really liked about this book is the fact that the topics are well organized and particular examples are easy to follow. I've used other books for the test, but this one served as a go-to book, where I could find the relevant information/example I was interested in, and expand from there.

Every major topic for the TEAS test has an introductory-level explanation. You can expect to get much useful information out of it, it's really practical, but also provides theory in an easy-to-understand fashion.
One of the first few chapters is called "Top 20 Test Taking Tips" which prepares you well for any test. The tips are short and sweet. Some of them are self-evident to some, but all of them are useful and should be followed whenever possible! You can sometimes forget that you need a good night's sleep when preparing for a tough test. I know I did. Thankfully, I've followed this tip more strictly, and it paid off. I was less tired the next day and I felt I could get more information stored in my head! :)

A neighbor of mine will be taking the test in a few years. I'm going to lend her this book. I'm sure she won't mind any help she can get, hehe ;)

Long story short: this book is useful for the TEAS test, and will give anyone taking a nice, organized jump into it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book, January 3, 2011
Leslie (MARIETTA, GA, US) - See all my reviews
I am preparing to take the TEAS test in the next month. It has been a few years since I have been in school and need all the help I can get. This is a great study guide as it goes over the main points to study and tips on test taking - which I am very nervous about. It has taken some of the apprehension away as I get closer to the test date. It is written in a manner that is easy to understand and it is very good at explaining key concepts. The online applications are a nice resource. There are quizzes in the book with the answers explaining the correct choices. Overall, this is a terrific book and has been helpful in preparing for the TEAS exam. I highly recommend it to anyway preparing for the TEAS test....

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives you the Advantage, August 30, 2013
Secrets of the TEAS V Exam is an absolute must read for anyone planning to take the TEAS V. This study manual is just full of so many pages of information and practical help. I jumped right to the practice questions to find out where I needed the most help and then concentrated in those areas. I also jumped to the end of the book where the Secret Keys are located and read them as well. Mainly out of curiosity, but I'm glad I did.

I am one of those people who can know very much about a subject and then choke on a test. Believe me when I tell you that this can be very disappointing! I decided this time I was going to be ready for the test. Not just the academic exercise, but the method of actually taking the test. This was probably the most helpful part of the book for me. I was relieved to learn that this book focused on subject material that would most likely be found on the test and minimalized material that wouldn't.

I found the study guide to be a very practical representation of expected test questions but also contained all the other material in an easy to understand manner. It didn't actually "hurt" to read it because it was so interesting to learn why I had bombed on other tests I should have passed with flying colors. Learning how to know what you don't know is probably the greatest content of the book. Why waste time studying information that you have down pat.

The book also teaches the proper way to guess at a question. Using the methods discussed helped me increase my chances of guessing correctly on those questions (there were several) that I wasn't prepared for. There was also helpful discussion on best practices for studying effectively. In my opinion, anyone who purchases and makes use of the Secrets of the TEAS V Exam holds an advantage over those who didn't. Why take the chance? I am happy to give it 5 Stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't take the TEAS test without reading this guide, July 30, 2013
Taking the TEAS exam is no walk in the park--while it's not exactly a "marathon", a lot rests on the results--your future career, first and foremost. That's why if you can get help from anywhere--legitimate, comprehensive help--you must get it by all means.

That's why `Secrets of the TEAS Exam Study Guide' is something you must consult with before you even take concrete steps toward taking the exam. It provides comprehensive information on what you can expect during the exam--the range of subjects and topics, what to expect from the exam itself, even how to answer the questions correctly and quickly.

Indeed, while the TEAS exam itself is only a 170-item test, it draws from thousands of questions. The book, therefore, shows you to the entire breadth of the test's topics--if it's going to be on the actual TEAS exam, you can be sure it's discussed in this book. Moreover, the book also provides strategies in mastering the test even before you take it--the TEAS exam is no mystery, there are established methods to ace it, you only need to know HOW. The book provides more than sufficient help in that department.

Overall, this is a comprehensive, helpful guide to acing the TEAS exam. Order a copy of it if you really want to emerge from the test in flying colors. I highly recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Written, Organized, and Thorough, July 22, 2011
"This is an excellent guide for preparing for the TEAS exam. It's both wide ranging and thorough; nothing about the TEAS test is left out. If it's going to be on the test, you'll find it addressed in this book. Of course, there's no way any study guide can predict the exact questions that will be on the exam, but the writers are obviously well acquainted with the test subject matter. They give some subject more extensive treatment than others, of course, as minor topics may not even come up on the TEAS, while there will likely be several questions of topics of more importance.

There are practice tests in the book, contrary to some of the other reviews on here. (Maybe the newer editions have been updated?) The authors stress the importance of using practice tests to prepare for the real exam, and they include some to allow the student to spot any weak areas or blind spots. But that's not the only good thing about the guide. One of the most important things you'll learn from this book is that there are strategies and tactics you can employ to take advantage of the format of standardized tests, and to greatly improve your chances of getting the question right even when you're not sure of the answer by taking advantage of the format. The average reader may be aware of a few of these ""tricks"", but it's likely that you'll find several more in here that had never crossed your mind.

Another thing that really stood out is the length the book goes to in order to help readers learn how to think when trying to solve a problem or answer a tricky question. There are often several ways to think about a question (especially in the math section), and the authors walk you through several different ways of arriving at the correct answer, even when you first thought you had no idea what the answer was, or that it was too hard and would take too much time.

Again, this is an excellent resource for anyone who will be taking the TEAS exam in the near future. It's well written and organized. It incorporates both strategy and tactics, both the theoretical and the practical. I would be shocked if anyone read this, put it into practice, and then didn't pass the TEAS."

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Information and Great Websites for more info, October 1, 2008
This book gives you quick information. I really liked the no fuss way of telling you how to take the teas test. There are some really good websites that you can get practice tests from. This was really helpful because they were like mini tests before the big TEAS test. I would recommend this book for people who want some more practice and have been out of school. I though that this book was really helpful along with the TEAS study guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Secrets of TEAS, November 15, 2009
This book was an awesome help! I did very well on the test because of this, it goes over exactly what types of questions are on the actual test. Would recommend this book to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars I like my TEAS EXAM BOOK, November 18, 2012
I like the Teas exam because it has been great for showing me what to expect on the TEAS exam. Yes, I would recommend it to other students if they want to pass the TEAS Exam.

2.0 out of 5 stars No secrets in this book, February 28, 2014
I got this book thinking that it would shine some light on the oddities and intricacies of the TEAS and had no such luck. It was just a general knowledge book with test question identical to some of the other books out there. For your money buy the ATI TEAS study guide and use it to study. It tell you exactly what is on the test. Then take the test and if you don't do well enough they give you a list of topics you missed to study and retest along with page numbers. I got an 82.7 on the first try and a 90 0n the second try. I wasted money on this book though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Study Aid, January 14, 2013
Easy read/understand. Short and to the point. I would highly recommend this study guide. It wasn't the only study guide I used, but it truely contributed to my success.

$44.99 $27.69