Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Secrets on Tobacco Road (Secret Chronicles)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 27, 2013
I am a mother of two small children ages one and three. Normally, I can only find time to read a book while riding on the train; it takes months for me to complete a book. This book was so good, I could hardly put it down and some how manage to find time to read. I realize now that it took me months to read the other books because it did not hold my attention. "Secrets on Tobacco Road" grabs your attention from the beginning and holds you in a trance. I am so glad that it is going to be a series and I am excitedly looking forward to the next book .
on December 30, 2013
I enjoyed the book. As someone growing up in the northeast and well after slavery was ended I was not necessarily aware of some of the things that went on. I think it was well written and just wondering if some of this was written fro family experience. I will be looking to read her sequel.
on September 17, 2015
Secrets on Tobacco Road is an Excellent read! The book surpassed my expectations by the time I got to the third chapter. I loved the scene where Sarah made Helena pay for trying to sell her daughter off to old man Winston! In fact, Sarah's actions reminded me of things that I've heard my own friends speak about. This book gave me a look through history and at the existence of slavery .Secrets definitely kept me guessing and I can't wait to read the sequel!!
on March 19, 2014
I couldn't put this book down once I got started. I guarantee, what you think will happen will not happen; this is what keeps you looking for more. I love the way the author gave historical information that brought about even more suspense (i.e. the war, escaping to Canada). Each character had their own identity, and yes some even got on your nerves. Bye bye Helena. The sad part about Helena, I don’t think she was even missed. LOL!!! I can't wait until the next sequel to this book is published.

Danielle what an amazing author you are. Congratulation! I look forward to reading more of your work.
on June 28, 2013
This book is a page turner... I couldn't put it down! I finished it in (2) nights. The writer gave such vividness and personality to the characters that they came to life before my eyes. It's going to be hard waiting for the next in the series... I want to know more of what happened to all the characters except Thomas, of course. Please Danielle, hurry with the next one.

I've read many good books in my day and the ones that come to mind that held my curiosity such as this are: The Clan of the Cave Bear series and The Hiding Place!

Even when this writer was going by the name of Storm the work was/is Splendid! Thank you for another good read!!!
on February 11, 2014
I loves this book. Its a great read. Kept me engrossed the whole time. I love the historical aspect of the book. The characters where well written and you start to become attached to this family and cheering for their success until the end. I can't wait for the next novel in this series. This has been added to my favorites of historical based novels and gave me the same thrill as the novel Cane River. Great Job!! Looking forward to other great novels.
on June 11, 2013
This book is absolutely amazing. A great read and I can't wait for next book. I am so excited about the series. A writer of this magnitude is something we have not seen in a long time. Danielle Siler is definitely on her way. Look out world!!
on June 27, 2013
I read alot, usually I read a page or two in the beginning but Secrets on Tobacco Road was such an excellent read from the 1st page until the last page, I couldn't put the book down. I completed reading it in two days. The characters in the book were really intriguing, they displayed love, lust, revenge and secrets. Can't wait to read the sequel.
on June 20, 2013
From a person who RARELY picks up a book, I found this book to be an excellent read. When I happen to read a book, I find that it normally takes me a month or so to finish it since I do all my reading on the train but this book kept me intrigued to the point I could not put it down. I cant wait for the second edition. Great Book!!!
on June 11, 2013
What a good book!!!! By the end of the book I was in tears...I felt so connected to the characters that I was upset it was over. Secrets on Tobacco Road is a must read for everyone, it grabs your attention from the beginning and leaves you wanting more. So looking forward to the next book!!!!