Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Secrets of the Heart
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$4.99

on August 3, 2011
You can read the description of the story provided by the author so I wont provide that here.

I have purchased and read in excess of 100 books in the lesbian romance genre alone in the last several months. There are certain authours you read one and think cool, I will buy another of her books and then you are either pleasantly surprised or mildly disappointed.

With Syd Parker, I purchased all three and in the span of 36 hours, read all 3 books.

In this book, Syd will pull at your heart strings! Its all about loss and the things we deny to ourselves. There is a lesson served up with this romance. Enjoy the learning :)

The relationships with friends were just as well written and central to the story as the main leads. What a refreshing approach.

I highly recommend you give this new authour a try!
on September 7, 2014
Rating (/5): 3.2/5 :
Story thesis: Mild spoilers ahead: Chase’s lifelong best friend and current business partner (Avery) is killed in a car accident, shortly after Chase has lost her job and boyfriend. She takes up residence at the B&B of which she is now owner with her best friend’s, previously unknown to her female partner. Grieving and ‘not gay’ she promptly falls head over heels for the female attorney who is managing the execution of Avery’s will. However Chase is not a lesbian and the attorney (Jude) doesn’t do relationships.
Age of protagonists: Late 30’s/early 40’s
Romance Arc: Lots of filler..then we meet the object of Chase’s affection. Chase gets all hot and bothered..our attorney gets all hot and bothered. Outrageous flirting(!)..sex. drama…..
Lesbian status Not gay..then gay vs female womaniser.
Sex Scenes: Mmm,,really quite steamy
Happy Ending: Yes
Best Feature of story: There was a huge amount of sexual tension between Jude and Chase..it really just jumped off the page. I was dying for them to get their s**t together. I particularly enjoyed the character of Jude. She was the only real character with growth and consistency.
Worst Features of story So much wasted potential really…Chase just kind of accepted everything that happened..except for Jude. She accepts Avery’s death, is instantly best friends with Avery’s partner, accepts that Avery was kind of in love with her and then accepts she’s gay. Chase and Tess’s characters could’ve been better developed as could have Tess’ arc…particularly from a dramatic point of view in terms of her interactions with Chase.

Any supernatural elements: No.
Best suited for: Mills & Boon lesbian romance afficiandos. It’s kind of the swarthy lesbian vs demure but secretly sexy character…you know the ones!
Recommend to: When you’re feeling like you need some harlequin romance lesbian style.
Would read other books by author, based on this one: As an easy read, yes.
on October 3, 2011
The trouble with romance books is that they are ... romance books.

Internal conflict. External conflict. Lesbian romance conflict is too typically intertwined with heterosexual baggage. Is she, or isn't she? I don't care if she is, I have feelings. Don't worry, I am. I am worried, what if you aren't sure? I am sure. How can I be sure that you're sure?

Cripes almighty already.

You can read this book in about 20 minutes. It's very light on sexual content. The angst is boring.
on May 20, 2013
Secrets of the heart is laced with tragedy, love and passion. A straight woman finds herself realizing her innermost feelings and desires when she meets a confident and attractive lawyer. She because immediately smitten with her and begins to question herself and denying her attraction. It isn't until after a dream that helps her realize her attraction to the other woman. They share a couple of flirtatious meetings to only result in the lawyer named Jude pushing Chase away because she said that she wouldn't want to hurt her. But Chase does not give up and when the couple spend the night together, they both realize they are in love with one another. But this realization causes Jude to run.

Chase fights for her only to be stopped over and over until she gives up; that is when Jude finally realizes that she does love her, but is it too late to get Chase's heart back.

An interesting twist and tragedy threatens to pull them apart forever.

This book is a great work of Syd Parker. She portrays a brilliant story of pain, loss, passion and love.

You will not be able to put this book down.
on May 21, 2016
I haven't read one book of Syd Parker's that I wouldn't consider a 5 star book, this book was no exception! I found myself cheering on the characters, hoping they would come to their senses. Great read, would totally recommend it!
on September 9, 2011
I enjoyed reading it. The plot was entertaining. The characters were likeable, the Jude character was a wild woman! It's as good as most of the lesbian romance novels I have read to date. Which is quite a few!
on April 22, 2015
This book was riveting. Sad, happy, conflicted, and then ahhh. I wish Avery would have been in the book more than just memories. Give that Jude a toaster oven. I like this book, but Syd get rid of the double hyphens and it is Whoa, not Woah. LOL I've read others by Syd and she a great writer. I"m now reading Love's Abiding Spirit.
on January 10, 2013
Even though it had been a few days since I read "Secrets of the Heart", and I had even read another book, my mind kept drifting back to it. I realized what it was because I kept returning to the last scene, it was so moving, so tender, probably one of the most beautiful I've read.

"......She leaned over and planted a light kiss on Chase's nose. Hi she whispered. Hi, Chase's voice was low and sexy and Jude shuddered with emotion. You Ready?......"

"Secrets of the Heart", is was a wonderful story of two souls finding each other, Chase & Jude, two women from different backgrounds and for completely different reasons, struggling to come to terms with the instant attraction, desire, and ultimately, love they had for each other.

Chase is intelligent and strong, but her struggles are with the realization and her own acceptance that she was in love for the 1st time in her life, and it was with another women.

Jude (who for the record was my favorite character) is also intelligent & strong. The difference being, Jude was vulnerable, she put up walls and established "dating rules" in order to prevent herself from every being hurt again, because of the heartbreak she experienced years prior.

Even though Chase did not know the details, she was aware something had happened in Jude's past; but it had to take Jude's accident, and almost losing her, to wake up! Thankfully, love prevailed.
on October 17, 2014
This was my first Syd Parker book and I really enjoyed it! She creates off-the-wall chemistry and angst between Chase and Jude. I became a little addicted to this book and couldn't wait until I had time to read more. Great sex scene....just wish there were more!!
The only problem that I had with the book is that the end felt rushed and unfinished. I felt a little cheated because I wanted more!
Overall, I cannot wait to read more of Syd Parker. I will add her to my favorite authors for sure!!!
on June 9, 2014
Such a good story..........I see people I know (myself included) in these characters and the situations they put themselves into and what it takes to "make everything right"! Thanks for another wonderful & enjoyable reading!!