Customer Discussions > 10,000 Days forum

Secrets on The album

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 15, 2006 9:42:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 15, 2006 9:44:05 PM PDT
Mode says:
So, much like all the secrets on Lateralus, 10,000 Days contains a secret about the 3 tracks that involve maynard's late mother, a devout christian, in case you didn't know was half paralyzed by a stroke, and remained in that state for about 26 years, or 10,000 days. She passed on in 2003. You may realize that Judith, by APC is also about her, about how ironic it was that this unfortunate incident only served to make her faith in god stronger. Both wings tracks show that maynard is no longer as cynical and sarcastic regarding his mother and even tells her that when she rises up to be judged by st.peter, that she demand "your pillar of faith has ascended. give me my wings!"

Put wings for marie part 1 and viginti tres(23, a special number in terms of sacred geometry) together, and play it over the title track, the songs will sync up.

Has anyone tried it? Or has anyone found any other secrets?

----------------------------------
The lateralus secrets are pretty interesting too.
Especially the idea of "spiraling out" and the Fibonacci spiral. As well as maynard's delivery in the title being a growing-receding-then-growing-even-more fibonacci sequence, in terms of syllables.

black - 1
then - 1
white are - 2
all i see - 3
in my infancy - 5
red and yellow then came to be - 8
reaching out to me - 5
lets me see - 3
there is - 2
so - 1
much -1
more that - 2
beckons me - 3
to look through to these - 5
infinite possibilities - 8
as below so above and beyond I imagine - 13
drawn beyond the lines of reason - 8
...and so on.

There are a lot of other secrets, like listening to the tracks in different orders. Wikipedia is your friend.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  10,000 Days forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Oct 15, 2006
Latest post:  Oct 15, 2006

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
10,000 Days
10,000 Days by Tool (Audio CD - 2006)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (1,132)