Secura 3-Tier 6-Quart Stainless Steel Electric Food Steamer, w/ Steam360 technology S-324
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Stainless steel steam basket preserves the original flavor of the food and nutrients, along with being safe to cook with.
- 3 tier 6 quart, removable steam basket(D: 8", H: 2.375"), easy to cook in and serve from, and is dishwasher safe for cleaning.
- Use hot or cold tap water, generates steam in less than 15 seconds, letting food to start cooking immediately, automatically shuts off if the water gets too low.
- Cooks variety of food in the three steam baskets at the same time without the undesirable mixing of flavors.
- Cooks entire meal within 30 minutes. Product Built to North American Electrical Standards, 120V. Model # S-324.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I was waiting for more of you to review this steamer but then I was too curious to wait. We have really loved our Oster steamer but we are severly uncomfortable with the plastic components. I have been looking for over a year for another steamer that is BPA free/plastic free. The steamer arrived yesterday and we tried it out right away. I filled it with warm/hot tap water, and it steamed beautifully. The stainless steel bowls are neat. We bought this as an "intermediary" device until more healthy steamers come on the market. They could have added a few things to make this steamer perfect: water tank for 90 min. steaming; ability to add water while steaming; timer that allows steaming at future time; Keeping warm component - basically stuff that I liked about our Oster steamer. Also, while the water basket is stainless steel, there is a hard plastic component that goes around the heating element - I have no idea what plastic it is or whether it is BPA free - and if BPA could leak into the steam and contaminate our food. I hope not.
A very cool advantage of this steamer, besides the stainless steel bowls, is that each basket gets its own steam - so e.g. the thai dumpling steam does not flavor the broccoli. Also the stainless steel bowls are easy to wash. Our Oster plastic bowls were hard to clean around the steam holes and the plastic took on weird colors that would not come off.Read more ›
* No plastics (the "hard plastic heating element" mentioned in the other reviews looks and feel like ceramic to me - which is a common material for heating elements).
* The insert pans are optional, so if you have items that are taller than 2.5", you can add another layer and leave out the pan.
* Heats up pretty quickly, and steams all three layers well.
* Simple operation (mechanical dial to set the steam duration).
* Easy to clean, including the water reservoir. The various parts are all stainless steel and can be cleaned easily in the dish washer or with some Bar Keepers Friend. If you don't use distilled water, the water reservoir will end up with scaling, but that can be cleaned easily by heating it with a little distilled white vinegar. There are no hidden or hard to reach bits where mold or nasty mysterious stuff can grow.
* Makes great rice. I'd get rid of our dedicated rice maker except our fancy rice maker has advanced timing features (like setting it in the morning so that it finishes 30 minutes before "dinner time").
* Automatic shutoff safety feature if it runs out of water.
* The stainless steel pans are pretty thin and looks cheap (definitely not nice 18/10 stainless steel).Read more ›
It looks real nice, although the steel/platic bottom combination confuses me.
Things I like about the product:
Basket bottoms are solid, so little food like corn does not drop through like other 'vented' baskets.
You can marinade items and keep the juice in the basket.
The baskets are seperate from the steam rings, they just slot in. Makes for cleaning the baskets rather easy. This also means you can remove a basket but stack the vent rings to accommidate something larger.
The steam vents are located at the top of each ring level, so if you want to cook fish, the steam travels through the vents on the outside, not through the food keeping flavours apart.
The baskets are large, which is great for our 4 person family. You can make an entire dinner from it with decent servings for all.
It has a super large water resevoir approx 6 cups or more. So anything that requires super long steaming does not require a refill.
Things I do not like about the product:
It leaks steam at each level, which can burn if you are not paying attention and want to peek inside to check food.
There is no visiable water level viewing which means taking off all of the levels if you do need to add more water durning cooking.
There is a base plate that sits between the white base and the first level that catches the excess water, this is very shallow with a lip approx 1/4" high and requires being by the sink to take off.
The base does not have a water resevoir insert so draining the excess water from that requires dangling the white unit over the sink to empty, which also means you can only clean out the base with a cloth or sponge wipe.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Cooks quickly, food was wonderful and clean up was so simple!!Published 2 months ago by Angela davis
Product is really great. Super easy to use and can remove levels so that when one food is done, you remove the tray and let the others continue steaming. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I purchased this thinking it was the same as the one i owned for several years and loved it but it is not. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Donya Loewen
This is a fabulous steamer! Stainless Steel and ceramic, just what I was looking for. Works like a charm. Arrived well before I even expected. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Linda A. Quest
Really a fantastic addition to the kitchen. Been using it only for 3 - 4 weeks so far and has worked really well for us. Great for Indian food as in our household. Read morePublished 2 months ago by sgnova
While I love the fact that there is no plastic and this steamer is huge with the removable bottoms on each tray, I must confess it does not steam as quickly as my previous plastic... Read morePublished 3 months ago by timothy mcdermott
It took a while before I finally got around to trying this out, but finally the time came to make steamed bao again. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Phil Stracchino (Technical Thug)