From the Back Cover
Your in-depth guide to designing and developing secure PHP applications
Its a hackers dream come true: over one million Web sites are now vulnerable to attack through recently discovered flaws in the PHP scripting language. So how do you protect your site? In this book, bestselling author Mohammed Kabir provides all the tools youll need to close this security gap. He presents a collection of 50 secure PHP applications that you can put to use immediately to solve a variety of practical problems. And he includes expert tips and techniques that show you how to write your own secure and efficient applications for your organization.
Youll learn how to:
- Implement the featured applications in business environments such as intranets, Internet Web sites, and system administrations
- Develop e-mail and intranet solutions using PHP
- Determine the importance of certain coding practices, coding styles, and coding security requirements
- Follow the entire process of each PHP application life cycle from requirements, design, and development to maintenance and tuning.
- Use PHP in groupware, document management, issue tracking, bug tracking, and business applications
- Mature as a PHP developer by using software practices as part of your design, development, and software life cycle decisions
- Improve the performance of PHP applications
The companion CD-ROM contains:
- 50 ready-to-use PHP applications
- Searchable e-version of the book
- The latest versions of PHP, Apache, and MySQL™
About the Author
MOHAMMED J. KABIR is the founder and CEO of Evoknow, Inc., a company specializing in customer relationship management software development. His previous books include Red Hat®
Security and Optimization, Red Hat®
7 Server, Red Hat®
Administrator’s Handbook, Red Hat®
Survival Guide, and Apache 2 Server Bible (all from Wiley).