“The biggest event in the world of investment publishing this year looks certain to be the re-publication of a book that came out almost three-quarters of a century ago.”
From the Back Cover
“A roadmap for investing that I have now been following for 57 years.”
—From the foreword by Warren E. Buffett
The 1940 edition of Security Analysis is considered the bible of value investing. McGraw-Hill continues its proud tradition with this new sixth edition that will serve as a touchstone for a new generation of investors.
The leading “Masters” of value investing have updated Graham and Dodd’s classic work with more than 200 pages of new commentary:
- Seth A. Klarman, president of The Baupost Group, L.L.C. and author of Margin of Safety
- James Grant, founder of Grant's Interest Rate Observer, general partner of Nippon Partners
- Jeffrey M. Laderman, twenty-five year veteran of BusinessWeek
- Roger Lowenstein, author of Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist and When America Aged and Outside Director, Sequoia Fund
- Howard S. Marks, CFA, Chairman and Co-Founder, Oaktree Capital Management L.P.
- J. Ezra Merkin, Managing Partner, Gabriel Capital Group .
- Bruce Berkowitz, Founder, Fairholme Capital Management.
- Glenn H. Greenberg, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Chieftain Capital Management
- Bruce Greenwald, Robert Heilbrunn Professor of Finance and Asset Management, Columbia Business School
- David Abrams, Managing Member, Abrams Capital
The accompanying CD-ROM contains the entire 1940 text.
“Benjamin Graham is the father of investment analysts everywhere, originally sparking the debate for a credential to professionalize the industry which led to the CFA Charter. He transformed the practice of financial analysis from trade to science, starting with his groundbreaking book, Security Analysis, first published in 1934. This edition, with new commentary by some of today’s finest investors, belongs on every investment professional’s shelf.”
—Jeffrey J. Diermeier, CFA, president and CEO, CFA Institute