From the Back Cover
Apply the latest security technology to real-world corporate and external applications
Design a secure solution from start to finish and learn the principles needed for developing solid network architecture using this authoritative guide. You'll find hands-on coverage for deploying a wide range of solutions, including network partitioning, platform hardening, application security and more. Get details on common security practices, standards, and guidelines and learn proven implementation techniques from case studies discussed in each chapter. Written by recognized experts and endorsed by RSA Security Inc., the most trusted name in e-security, this comprehensive and practical security guide is your essential tool for planning and implementing a safe and reliable enterprise network.
This book will show you how to:
- Develop an information classification and access control plan
- Use the appropriate security policies and technology to best meet your security requirements
- Comprehend security infrastructure design principles
- Utilize appropriate security technology in the most secure method
- Fully understand the tradeoffs between usability and liability
- Ensure complete network security across multiple systems, applications, hosts, and devices
- Develop and apply policies, assess risks, and understand requirements for running security-specific technology
- Work with and configure IDS, VPN, PKI, and firewalls
About the Author
Christopher King CISSP (Andover, MA) (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) is the Managing Principal of Greenwich Technology Partners. He has over 15 years of experience with various corporations such as Bell Atlantic, McGraw-Hill and Fidelity Investments as an Information Security consultant. Prior to joining Greenwich Technology Partners he served as a Cryptographic Engineer with The National Security Agency. He's a regular contributor to Information Security Magazine, Business Communication Review and Computer Security Review. Curtis Dalton (Georgetown, MA) CISSP, CCIE is a Consulting Engineer with Greenwich Technology Partners. He has over 12 years experience with companies such as Siemens Information and Communications Networks, Boston Technology Corp and Xerox designing and deploying large-scale network solutions in industries ranging from finance to telecommunications, manufacturing, and R&D. Ertam Osmanoglu (Malden, MA) is a Security Engineer with Greenwich Technology Partners. He has over over 5 years experience providing systems and security consulting and support services for Ernst and Young.